RPG MAKER 2003: Trying to stop a move by destroying a target.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I just decided to go back to this one dumb RPG game I was working on a while ago, and in one of the fights I noticed a problem.

There is this one boss that performs this one move where he charges off and if he is allowed to charge up, he automatically kills one of your guys. The way you are supposed to stop this is to destroy certain Target. But even if they destroy the target, he uses the move anyway. I even have the script act as soon as the target is destroyed, but he still uses it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to RM2003 Support. Thank you.

JorgeMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português - BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Everything you said sounds pretty abstract, but have you ever tried to simply create a new empty move route for this character? This will cause the last route to be erased from memory, I believe.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Everything you said sounds pretty abstract, but have you ever tried to simply create a new empty move route for this character? This will cause the last route to be erased from memory, I believe.
I don't think RPG Maker 2003 can do that. I just use switches.

simple image uploader

Here's my code.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I don't understand, who activates this switch?
Is it the enemy that has been defeated, what is on the map or a certain number of rounds?

Vou tentar deduzir o que você está tentando criar e replicar no Rm2k3.
For example, I created a BigBoss (Final boss) that consists of 3 enemies, namely:
  1. Right arm ( Target A )
  2. Left Arm ( Target B )
  3. Body ( Target C )
Wait for the image to load:

The right arm attacks, this one has more frequency.
The left arm performs attack spells less often.
The body resurrects and performs defense spells.

The spell "Destroy" or in your case "divine hand" must be performed by the left arm and not the body, even though it is more of an instantaneous effect than an attack spell.

I was inspired by a Chrono Trigger boss.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I don't understand, who activates this switch?
Is it the enemy that has been defeated, what is on the map or a certain number of rounds?

Vou tentar deduzir o que você está tentando criar e replicar no Rm2k3.
For example, I created a BigBoss (Final boss) that consists of 3 enemies, namely:
  1. Right arm ( Target A )
  2. Left Arm ( Target B )
  3. Body ( Target C )
Wait for the image to load:

The right arm attacks, this one has more frequency.
The left arm performs attack spells less often.
The body resurrects and performs defense spells.

The spell "Destroy" or in your case "divine hand" must be performed by the left arm and not the body, even though it is more of an instantaneous effect than an attack spell.

I was inspired by a Chrono Trigger boss.

The problem that I have with setting the attack to the Arm is that I don't want the Arm and the boss itself to attack at the same time.

Also, is there a problem with calling the attack "Godhand?" I've actually gotten criticized for it before.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably because the thing loads up an action to perform at the start of the turn, while the target gets removed in the middle of the turn, and it doesn't update behaviour until the start of next turn. So it'll need to be handled with an event, not through enemy behaviour.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm sorry but I still don't understand when the Switch is turned on.
Really the turn system is something standard of the Rm2k3 battle system, I don't remember if there is a way to disable it.
I made a simulation of your system and it worked like this:
Rm2k-Hand_of_Greevo.gif

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuangou