*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy Birthday, RPG Maker! <3

I might go for the cutscene category and the boss battle. I know the cutscene I will work on can fall under the full game category if the full game can be considered a game regardless of time length, or play time.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was literally just telling @Scythuz yesterday that I was lacking motivation to work on anything. Maybe this will help keep my focus. Not sure if it helps that I have too many projects to choose from :p

Who drew the banner btw? Was that you @Archeia ?

Ye get on working!
The Banner is drawn by the lovely @marimo <3

Could you please put this on the banner on the front page? ^^;

Sure, I just woke up haha

Maybe I will work on a trailer for someone else's game...if I do, does that mean I need to ask the game author to include it in their project page with [RSW] in the title?

Just tag your post as RSW and notify me here! I'll make a list :kaoluv:

Also Restaff is out here! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?posts/826677/

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Happy Birthday RPG maker!!! xDD

I have a project that I posted just yesterday but is still on hold (not yet approved), it has a short 1-2 hours demo in it! Does that count as an entry as long as I put RSW in the tags? :D

Hmm, I'm also aiming to (hopefully) release a boss battle and trailer xDD

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I didn't really get where to officially sign up. :eek: Is it here in this thread where we must say so? Or somewhere else? Any help is greatly appreciated.:smile:

Kanissey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy Birthday, RPG Maker! :guffaw:

I think i´m going for a cutscene and a boss battle, or a Demo.

hp4000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I remember Rpg Maker 2k back before it was "officially" released in english. Good times, good times! I hope an RPG Maker comes out for the Nintendo Switch!

BigWhoop

Whoop Big
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What counts as a full game? I was just talking about working on a very small project, don't know how long it would take to play, but the point is that some demos would be equal length or longer. If it's its own standalone, not-expanded-upon thing, does that count as a full game? I feel like that would be cheating in a way...

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
aaaand would you look at that, this looks like just the thing I needed to fully get back to working my game instead of working on it like... once every other week.:kaoswt2:
hope i'm able to get something out!

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy Birthday RPG Maker!~ Man I feel old... Also I'll try to join this if i can find some spare time to do so, it's gonna be a busy month :(

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I remember opening up Don Miguel's, um..."early release" of RPG Maker 2000 for the first time 14 years ago. Took me a week to figure out how to make a door! We've all come a long way I'm sure, haha.

I had no idea RPG Maker and I were born in the same month. Good luck to all the contestants :)

Raol

Cat Magic Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy Birthday! :D

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
What counts as a full game? I was just talking about working on a very small project, don't know how long it would take to play, but the point is that some demos would be equal length or longer. If it's its own standalone, not-expanded-upon thing, does that count as a full game? I feel like that would be cheating in a way...

Length does not matter when it comes to whether a game is complete or not. A full game is a game that is complete - it has nothing more to be added. It's pretty self-explanatory. If you've a 20 hour demo of a 50 hour game, it's not going to count as a full game because there's more to be made on it, where-as someone else's 1 hour game that is complete will count. There's no cheating in that way, but recall we have said that we reserve the right to pull any entries that prove to be deliberate attempts at playing foul.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't really like deadlines, but If I release something, I'll let you know.

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy birthday rm! We're glad you're here! :D
Hey this sounds like fun! I could take out of the basement some unfinished projects for a walk :p
There are some resources i really need after all.

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright. Been working on 2 projects, one highly custom vx ace, and one where I've turned away from fancy graphics to just get the game play down. The latter, I'll submit, a demo at least. It uses very retro (but cc free) tometik graphics, and it's the making of one great turn based rpg, if I do say so myself.... and I do.

byronclaude

Master of all things... (except the things I am no
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Happy Birthday RPG Maker.

I'll contribute. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!
When you're forced to make a tutorial for something obvious.
246907756_284595507001402_2098549601125689312_n.jpg
one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PsykoPony