RPG Maker 28th Birthday : Release Something Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Archeia, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Canini

Canini Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Whoa, rpgmaker is just one year younger than me. I honestly did not know that. Time for a thirty-year crisis soon? I do not have that much free time this month but I may end up submitting a cutscene. I am working on a Mario and Luigi-like and I am quite happy with a few of them.

2. Gallia

Gallia Global Support

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So Rpgmakerweb decided to send me some spam mail to a contest that i can't win, good job guys, time to configure the settings so i won't get trash in my mailbox.

Bye

3. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    What do you mean a contest you can't win? It's literally just submitting something so you make progress with your game and maybe win at a lottery. :kaoswt:

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Maybe he's from that place in Canada where you can't win contests because of the overbearing laws.

nio kasgami likes this.
  5. TheoAllen

TheoAllen I'm back apparently

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Marquise* likes this.
  6. Starmage

Starmage Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello @Archeia ! I would also like to add my cutscenes, boss battles and map screenshot that I've submitted already to RMN. ^_^

Cutscenes:

Boss battles:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/yrssm0z85z7cxzl/Faith_in_Feathers_BOSS_battle.exe Fight the Guardian of the 11th dimension using the powers of the Archangels in this intense boss fight. You'll have four members in this battle, Michael, a warrior, Metatron, a sage, Sandalphon, a healer and Raziel, a single target nuker. The boss battle is a gimmicky battle that gives different negative states to the player each turn.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/czkzqez1iis6pod/BlueSkies_2_BOSS_battle.rar An intense battle between two brothers, Rhetz and Cesar in the Kradlock Chambers. After a revelation, Lyrelle joins Cesar in stopping Rhetz with his plans. You'll have only two members in this battle, Cesar, a Paladin and Lyrelle, a Healer. Rhetz has a few devastating attacks but can be evaded with the right strategy.

Map screenshot:
    This map is made for the abandoned science facility in the barren planet of Jargon. It is infested with creepy mutated beings.
    [​IMG]

Thank you! xD

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 6:19 PM
    Marquise* likes this.
  7. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    TheoAllen likes this.
  8. TheoAllen

TheoAllen I'm back apparently

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Lol, I literally followed the instruction that I thought tagging you if only submission is about map/trailer/cutscene since you didn't explicitly say to tag you for Full game / Demo. Only need to include [RSW] tag. Sorry about that

9. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Oh dang it got erased. Welp I guess I have to amend that.

@Starmage I would need some description for the boss battles if you can provide please. Also your mapping entry is not valid:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 10:44 AM
  10. Starmage

Starmage Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello @Archeia! Oh, not valid? But I have put rsw in the tags of my game Rave Heart, which means it is a game that I'm currently working on during this event. Hmm, or is there something else that I should add in my thread?

Umm, for the boss battles, here are the descriptions:

An intense battle between two brothers, Rhetz and Cesar in the Kradlock Chambers. After a revelation, Lyrelle joins Cesar in stopping Rhetz with his plans. You'll have only two members in this battle, Cesar, a Paladin and Lyrelle, a Healer. Rhetz has a few devastating attacks but can be evaded with the right strategy.

Fight the Guardian of the 11th dimension using the powers of the Archangels in this intense boss fight. You'll have four members in this battle, Michael, a warrior, Metatron, a sage, Sandalphon, a healer and Raziel, a single target nuker. The boss battle is a gimmicky battle that gives different negative states to the player each turn.

That would be all, thank you! :)

11. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @Starmage you misread what I mean with not valid. I mentioned specifically your mapping submission and what went wrong with it :kaoswt:

12. Starmage

Starmage Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ohh!! You mean the mapping submission must be up to 3-5 maps in one submitting? Oh!! My bad!! XDD :D Okay then, I'll be back with more maps later! XD Thanks for pointing that out Archeia! xD

13. UnassumingBlueMage

UnassumingBlueMage Warper

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm new to forums so I hope I am doing this right but if we release a full game for the contest on here then does that mean we can't release it to be downloaded elsewhere such as Steam? I ask because I have been hoping to release a game there for a while now and this would be the perfect chance to get something out there.

14. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    This contest is to inspire you to work on a project you've been holding off! So if you finish it in this event, that's great! We don't take anything from yours as our own. If you want to release it in steam later, why not? :kaohi:

And it has to be a playable project showing only those maps. It's in there :VXA2:

Starmage likes this.
  15. nijineko

nijineko Villager

Two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    First Language:
    American
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmmm. This sounds interesting. Not sure I'll finish my project by the deadline, however.

Marquise* likes this.
  16. Karlski

Karlski Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Happy belated birthday RM

Marquise* likes this.
  17. UnassumingBlueMage

UnassumingBlueMage Warper

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Marquise* likes this.
  18. Starmage

Starmage Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello @Archeia ! Here is my entry for the Map submissions category. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b7en5fddpibicyn/Rave Heart MAPs Submission.exe
    Description: The download contains 5 maps, each from different places in Rave Heart. The Granian Research Facility, abandoned science facility, Cosmic Cube, Niredia Prison and the Western Haven. You can read more details about each maps and their purpose within the project download. Just talk to Starmage inside the project and he'll help guide you through the maps.

Thanks so much! ^_^ Oh and btw, I also already edited my previous post to include my boss-battle submission's descriptions. :)

Marquise* likes this.
  19. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Too many ideas, too much to do...

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia OK, I read the rules, but I am still confused- do I post entries for the Demo category in "Completed Games" section or the "Games In Development" section if the demo is of a work-in-prgress title? And does the "[RSW]" only have to be in the post's title or does it also have to be in the game's title in-game?

20. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    It's respective board. That means if you have a demo, post it in either Games in Development / Ideas and Prototype, it depends on you. you only need to put it in the topic title not in your game.