Event RPG Maker 28th Birthday : Release Something Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Archeia, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Arthur França

Arthur França Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  2. Citali

Citali MUNCHKINS Member

First Language:
    Cat
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Aaaaahaaaah the time I decide to check out the forums is the time that there's a contest with about 9 days left. Welp. Happy Birthday RPG Maker~

Marsigne likes this.
  3. Corlagon

Corlagon Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I have a cutscene in mind that I'm tempted to make and enter with … But I'm so slow, and I got so much other stuff to do. :frown: And it's not like prizes were actually sent out last time.

4. LSA

LSA Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia

I'm sincerely lost as to how to submit. But since the link in the spreadsheet brings me here, I guess I post my entry here. - OK, I think I got this figured out. : )
    I posted a link below, have announced here my Boss Battle, Happy Birthday!

Boss Battle from My upcoming game The Goracle.
    3 quests to get the Goracles help. 1 - the ogre's tooth, 2... etc. This is the boss "battle" to get the Ogre's tooth.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ve-their-own-thread.84764/page-18#post-834882

Spoiler Alert, you can not beat the ogre by fighting it. Does this even count as a Boss Battle? If not that's ok, I now know how to post in a forum, and link to my downloadable game packages.

Thanks @Archeia

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  5. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hi @LSA on Sheet 1: Main you can see instructions on how to submit! Here's an example:
    upload_2018-2-28_17-12-36.png

Marquise* likes this.
  6. Skyforger

Skyforger Maker of the Sky Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia

I think I can add the trailer for the same game that I have in full game category?

Also does it count if I post a video of the cutscene from the same game? If so, then here:

You hear a knock on the door... Nothing... Another knock... Then you see this.

Marquise*, Plueschkatze and LSA like this.
  7. Gabrelik

Gabrelik Almighty Maker of Sandwiches Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia , I'd like to submit for mapping at the moment, but perhaps more soon if I can finish in time? :D Here is a link to the game page. Thanks so much! And please let me know if I missed something on how to submit? What a great idea this was for the birthday celebration!

8. EmmaB

EmmaB Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia I would like to submit these maps from my game I've been working on for this event called "Captured Princess".
    The Oakenford map is the town near the forest that you must pass through on your way to fight the boss.
    The Mountain Cave Room 2 map is the second room in the mountain caves that you must pass through to reach the forest town.
    The Leckren Inn Map is the first floor of the inn in the first town that you can go into.(It has a secret in it)

Attached Files:

LSA likes this.
  9. LSA

LSA Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Leckren Inn Map looks super professional. The detailed walls with pictures and the two bedrooms set the feel of a true inn on the road. Are those torches your own content? or maybe the came with a DLC? Pretty nice! Thanks for sharing.

10. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @EmmaB Thanks for submitting! But unfortunately it doesn't follow the rules we have laid out.
    @Gabrelik I'm confused about the submission since I can't find a download link for the mapping.

Just a reminder that this is what is needed to submit for mapping category. I also edited it to be a lot more clearer just in case.
    upload_2018-3-1_5-44-10.png

@LSA I was reviewing your entry until you said it's unbeatable. Is it a boss that you can fight again and uses the same mechanics later down your game?

I also updated the list. Keep 'em coming <3

Marquise* likes this.
  11. LSA

LSA Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia I was reviewing your entry until you said it's unbeatable. Is it a boss that you can fight again and uses the same mechanics later down your game?

I have it as an on map encounter. Right now it is over powered - as I have not ironed out the combat balance. However, the on map event is set to <approach>. But the trick is to avoid the ogre, get to the chest which gives the Ogres Tooth, and return out of the valley. Hypothetically, if a player does not want to grind to get strong enough to battle the ogre, then they have to avoid the encounter by drawing the ogre out, moving around it to get the chest open, and then escape. Discretion is the better part of valor. :D When doing the encounter, there are four NPC encounters in the valley, where the NPCs tell the player to run. So, it may be frustrating to players that think fighting is the only choice.

Later in the game, the ogre will be in the big boss show down. There, it will have to be fought (yes, same mechanics). The 3 bosses from the quests, and then the Evil from the Abyss will be in the end battle.

Thanks and regards, LSA

12. EmmaB

EmmaB Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia Oh, I didn't know that part was in the instructions before. How exactly are they meant to be playable? (It says in the instructions something about screenshots)
    @LSA Thanks. I'm glad you like it. The torches are events. They came along with the MV Maker. (In the character images folder. It's in the !Flame image.)

13. Skyforger

Skyforger Maker of the Sky Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia Our hallway of horrors cinematic should be in the cinematic category, not the trailer one :D

14. LSA

LSA Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @EmmaB awesome - I never put that together in my head - so thanks.
    As for making your maps playable, you can create a new game, cut and paste the three maps, then link them with transfer events. I then deployed mine to create a Windows and iMac version, saved them to google drive and posted links here.

In my case it is not three maps, but one with a "boss battle" ... which may not even qualify as a boss battle... but maybe it is a demo or something.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Gabrelik likes this.
  15. EmmaB

EmmaB Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @LSA Ok, thanks. One of the maps I tried to submit had puzzles in it. Am I meant to make all the events do what they would do normally in the game? Or is it just so the player can look around?

16. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I can see the confusion now since it included conflicting instructions. I edited the thread and just put a link to the Excel Sheet.

You can do one of the two. It depends on you! What matters is that you can "play" it.

Please make a game thread and post it as a demo instead. Because yeah, it doesn't really fit for Boss Battle.

17. LSA

LSA Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Don't know. I for one would love to interact with the maps that have the puzzles. But if I must wait until the game is released, then I guess I must wait.

@Archeia Thanks for the help with
    my Demo for the RSW RPG Maker MV Birthday Event. I created a thread in development and posted it.
    See my Demo here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2018
  18. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia I would like to release a couple of maps for a project I'm working here, how does one set that up? I have started a game project on RMN for, hopefully, a demo of the game -- but I think it would be great to have some "playable" maps here as well! Also, Happy Birthday RPGMaker :)

P.S.: It's my first post here! ( I need to lurk less, and post more... )

19. Linky317

Linky317 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    @Archeia This is my entry to the cut-scene/(or maybe trailer) category. This is the prologue for my game!

Citali, LSA and Archeia like this.
  20. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Just make a playable demo for the map (It has to be 3-5 areas) and explain what it's for!