Event RPG Maker 29th Birthday: Release Something Event

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Archeia, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeyOfTwilight

KeyOfTwilight Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks for the badge!

Man, look at that list, no wonder it took so long to check all of them.

Thanks for the great work @Archeia , and to all else organizing this event!

2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
  3. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Congratulation everyone ^^

mathmaster74, Finnuval and samkfj like this.
  4. SmashArtist

SmashArtist Lazy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Seriously bummed that I couldn't get myself to be productive enough for this event, that little Harold icon is amazing! :LZSooo:
    Great job to everyone and congrats to the winners! Getting that extra development in your game is always a nice feeling. :D

Marquise* and Finnuval like this.
  5. BlackRoseMii

BlackRoseMii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Archeia I've send you a pm, I'm just not sure if you haven't seen it or if you haven't had time to answer it.

Finnuval likes this.
  6. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  7. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Congrats!

mathmaster74 likes this.
  8. Marsigne

Marsigne Sephiroth Veteran

First Language:
    Other
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just noticed I've received a participation badge. Thanks. :kaoluv:

Marquise* and mathmaster74 like this.
  9. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    The past streams of the event are now up on twitch, highlighted, so they should stick around for a while for anyone who wants to watch them back. The third and last stream will be tomorrow at 1pm AEST (GMT +10)

I will post on the status feed, my twitter (@silversatyr), on the RPG Maker Portal discord and RMN's discord with the link just before starting, as per usual (my channel on twitch is silversatyr, too).

Here's the past two streams and the schedule for tomorrow's stream.

Stream 1

Stream 2

Stream 3

upload_2019-6-6_22-5-1.png

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  10. Meike

Meike ||Telling Stories Through Games|| Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ._. welp. I'ma be asleep when my game streams lol, but that's awesome that there are streams of the games!~

Canini likes this.
  11. Ksi

First Language:
    English
    Stream starting now for those who want to watch!

EDIT: And done!
    Added link to previous post

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    quackenbirdt, Nekohime1989 and Canini like this.
  12. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hi everyone, last roll call. Those who don't respond within 24hrs will be treated that they don't want anything. We can't get the prizes for the other winners without everyone requesting their prizes first.

People who haven't sent me their requests:
    @MoonZodiark
    @richter_h

Marquise* likes this.
  13. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Ksi- I just got done watching where you did my game on the stream. I will say many of the things you and hiddenone told me I have already fixed (also, I turned down the volume on everything and made the underground passage area with the slow music instead use the same music as the rest of the dungeon). I tried setting the system to use QWERTY instead of the current, but engine began wacking out on me that way, so I just kept it the way it currently is. Also, to answer your chat's question about the FES part of the title, the FES part is a nod to RPG Maker Fes, which where I made the first entry in my now long series, Downfall FES. I also fixed where Bjarghaf could be defeated with the sword- he is now immune to everything but the bombs. Currently working on a different project, but perhaps once I finish both of my projects, maybe you'll want to play the full version. But yes, I made good use of the critique.

Canini and Marsigne like this.
  14. Ksi

First Language:
    English
    Always happy to see people take and use the critique given! X3

TheoAllen, Zeriab, Marsigne and 3 others like this.
  15. quackenbirdt

quackenbirdt Duke of Dogs Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice stream of the game entries! I did the Netherkeep game. Yes, many sfx are missing, especially on skills, as well as bgm, as I'm planning on custom 16-bit ones. I've tuned down the enemies a bit after seeing you get rekt by three skeletons and relict :rswt. Oh, and there is an opportunity to save the game when reaching the stairs to the next level, but each playthrough is locked on a single save to give a vibe of a "rouge-lite." The levels are not randomly generated but oh boy, I wish it were. Nonetheless, the game has many random elements and peppered with hidden rooms. I've still got a lot to do, and I'm planning for a minimum of 20 dungeon levels for the game. Might even add an overworld once the player reaches the surface of Netherkeep.

Anyway congrats to all participants and winners of the event. This is the first event I've joined and I'm looking forward for more! Kudos.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Canini and Ksi like this.
  16. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Since @MoonZodiark didn't send me a PM, I rolled again for the raffle and the prize now goes to @Rubescen. Please pm me your prize request within 24 hrs.

Nekohime1989 and Marsigne like this.
  17. Nekohime1989

Nekohime1989 Cat Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's been a while since any updates and i haven't gotten my keys yet, not trying to sound impatient. Just a bit paranoid that i was forgotten i guess. :shrug:
    Thought I would just ask and see if any of the other winners gotten theirs yet to put my anxiety to rest at least. Thanks in advance.

Assuming @Rubescen sent in his prize request.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  18. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Nekohime1989 well I haven't gotten mine yet either so Unless we're both forgotten that should put you at ease a bit ;)

But even if they got everyones choice we're somewhere around 48hrs later and depending on timezones and stuff at least more then half that time is outside office hours so i wouldn't worry Just yet ;)

Nekohime1989 likes this.
  19. awkaiyoki

awkaiyoki Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I really appreciate your stream for Heavens Heroes. I had plenty to reflect on as the intro was a monster in length, I've reduced the intro to 5 minutes and overhauled the introduction. I also had no idea I was using a snow tile for the wall in the village of Naiyoko, it just looked like a really nice wall to be honest, and I liked how it looked and didn't give it a second thought. That amongst many new changes has now been resolved with a different wall tile for the new update June 30th.

That being said Heavens Heroes is about go through a massive change, with just enough to get it kicked off. Kaiyoki is no longer the main character, YOU are! the option of playing your own character, Male or Fe-male option and a massive amount of surprises in store with name change, additional maps and more, I don't want to spoil what it would mean to be Male or Fe-male in world, but there will be some differences. It's been a tireless transition to make Heavens a better experience for all, which is what it's about. Being in a world, finding your way through hard times and letting hope be your guide.

All in all I've massively improved the intro to a small segment, Included new additional content such as Card battling and Crafting. I'd hoped you would have left Naiyoko and boarded the ship, the story goes in to over drive at that point, but I can understand that being a veteran RPG Maker player / creator, that the project felt lacking after a stunning start that ended up continuing to disappoint and infuriate the viewers. Wasn't my intention at all to give a lazy experience. The story was the easiest to write, learning to create maps, events and so much more was an unbelievable challenge that I tried hard to overcome. I have now customized a good number of the items and you would have found that if you gone a bit further. I've now re-named everything that can be used, equipped, skills, etc (Though I did create many skills that Kaiyoki learns), adjusted items and many other things to give a more original feel.

The NPC's disappearing were a reflection of time, NPC's would be in certain areas at certain times and days, Time was a struggling feature, I built the system myself and I was really unsure about what I wanted it to do and settled best I could. There are many things to time that trigger different events. I really hoped it could have passed but I know that it's strange that NPC's just suddenly disappear for no reason and so Time is still there, but 3x the length and days feels so much better, Time does affect a good number of things in the world but no longer will the NPC's disappear at certain times or when it is raining. I've removed that entirely for the moment.

The intro was really the killer of the livestream, it was just too long, what replaces the intro now is some really nice game-play and introductions to new elements in game while being able to explore as your own character, learn crafting and begin your own adventure with your own story. The game changes as you progress, the options you pick affect your experience to other players who will have played the game as well.
    Maybe you could come back to it one day. I understand if not.

The feedback was rewarding, and I am sorry that my title became a let down for the viewers in the end. It feels like dragging my feet in the mud to make my project work but I'm so used to that and making the best of making the game better through monthly episode updates.

20. goldenhawk

goldenhawk Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey I just wanted to say “Happy birthday your product is the best for making role playing games, thanks for your awesome software, so I hope that all your wishes and dreams come true and you become even more successful for a great company”

Marquise*, Nekohime1989 and Marsigne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.