Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's been awhile since I submitted any games, and demos here so I will now. Hopefully I don't forget. Probably won't have a complete game, but demo yes.

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aww this is cute, can't say I have anything that I want to show this time around, mine is not ready for public.
But I'm looking forward to seeing the projects posted for this! Will most probably do feedback/review of the ones up my alley.

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, this matches up with when I wanted my project to be finished anyway might as well join :D

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welp, time to temporarily throw my current project to the side(as there's no way I'll complete a demo for it in time).
Hopefully I'll make a fun short game to boost my motivation and get feedback. :kaoluv:
Though I'd really love to make some prize donation, I'm not sure what to make. :kaoswt2:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
I have a doubt, the submission is free but can i put it on itch.io with the option that players can pay 1$ or more(if they want) or just download it for free?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oddly enough, this matches up with when I wanted to release The Book of Shadows. Though since it is not a free game guess it doesn't count. Though if I can get some free time maybe this would be a good moment to make one of those really short non-commercial game ideas I've had floating around, I just have to be sure it doesn't delay release if I do this.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
I have a doubt, the submission is free but can i put it on itch.io with the option that players can pay 1$ or more(if they want) or just download it for free?

If the donation is optional it's ok. What matters is we can download it for free!

Welp, time to temporarily throw my current project to the side(as there's no way I'll complete a demo for it in time).
Hopefully I'll make a fun short game to boost my motivation and get feedback. :kaoluv:
Though I'd really love to make some prize donation, I'm not sure what to make. :kaoswt2:

This event encourages you to work on your old projects! You don't need the whole game demo either! you can just make playable walkable maps or even just a boss fight or whatever! But I won't say no to short games either. They tend to be gud.

Last edited:

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm down with this @Archeia
:XP03:
Question how do we submit cutscenes and what not?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Youtube video and submit here and @me. I prefer with an rpgmaker/vnmaker project download attached to it but I won't stop you from just going youtube only.

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Archeia
I was planning on releasing a demo for my project at the end of the month. If I decide to push it out in favor of this contest can I use that? Just making sure I'm not violating any rules.

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have high hopes for this one. I will finally have another chance to work on something in a set time. Here's hoping I can get a submission together!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I dunno if this has been addressed but, are the prizes codes transferable in a Steam library? (I dunno with the DLC's)

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
My demo is already out since 2 months (after 2 years time of work). Since I am still changing a lot and optimising it can I submit that when the next version of it comes out?

I will also do at least 1 feedback video as I do many revieuws of games. If anyone cares to get a revieuw reach out to me or look at the let's play thread on this forum!

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And I was thinking it was time to start working on Manor Mouse again now that I feel refreshed. Hopefully I won't get burned out like I did before though. :o

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess that will do nicely with my planned demo version update.
Back to work, then !

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have two questions:

#1 This topic is place for contest if not where to post it?
#2 Second rule says - quoting:
  • All releases must have had significant progress made during the event timeline - no taking an old demo or game download and re-releasing it!
So, released demo in itch.io doesn't count?

Edit: nevermind - I didn't noticed re- prefix, so I rephrase question:
Is there will be a template for this contest how to present a game or simply we can use our creativity?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The project boards have specific rules on them. If you post here. Otherwise I don't really care lol. Presentation should be whatever you as a developer want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

here's another RPG Maker remake idea: "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties". I'll salute to whomever does this
I won't finish it today, I only will have time to work on that next Saturday, what a shame... :(
I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izaya_Nozomu