Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
banner.png
Banner art by @Archeia
:kaoluv:Sister Event Page: RMN (RPGMaker.Net)

It's RPG Maker's birthday and you're invited to join in the celebration!

The aim is to release a game - either complete or demo - before the end of the event... but there's a twist! You are also encouraged to release a trailer of your own, or someone else's, games!

:kaojoy:The Rules
  • Release either a new demo, completed game or trailer for your own/someone else's game before the end of the event!
  • All releases must have had significant progress made during the event timeline - no taking an old demo or game download and re-releasing it!
  • The event starts on the February 15, 2021 PST.
  • The event ends on the March 15, 2021 PST.
  • As this is the birthday for RPG Maker, games must be made in an RPG Maker engine. This includes the games that trailers are made for.
  • You can release as many as you want. But we highly encourage quality over quantity!
:kaoluv: The Prizes

• Participation Prize: All participants will receive an RMW Badge for participating.
  • Resource Pack Prize: For each category, there will be a winner based on lottery. They will receive a copy of any of the resource packs on the following listed. You can only have one!
  • An RMW Product that doesn't reach more than $20.
  • Feedback Prize: Three lucky participants who give feedback, review, fanart, trailer, etc. for any RM game in this site and/or presented in this event will receive a special badge and a copy of any of the resource packs. You can only have one prize!
  • Special Winner: Details coming soon! What is this, I wonder?

:kaojoy:Submissions

- Post link here and tag @Archeia and @Ralph to be added on the list!
- Please upload your games on RMN, Itch.io, Gamejolt or Google Drive!
- This event encourages you to work on your old projects. This event is designed in a way to help you get motivated on your old project. So yes, old projects are allowed as long as the progress made is done within the timeline of the event.
- Only FREE games!

Full Game ::
- Release a full game within the date of the event. You may take an older game and complete it for this category.
- Submit project to corresponding Project Boards (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?categories/projects.18/)
- Add the tag [RSE] to the game's title.

Demo ::
- Release a demo within the date of the event. You may take an older game and add to it for this category.
- Submit project to corresponding Project Boards (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?categories/projects.18/)
- Add the tag [RSE] to the game's title.

Boss Battle ::
- Release a boss battle that must be part of the project that you worked on during the event. You may take an older game and use it to create the boss battle in.
- Please add a description and what part of your game is this going to be used for feedback giving!

Trailer ::
- Release a trailer for your own or someone else's game. You may use someone else's game as inspiration for your trailer.

Mapping ::
- Release 3-5 maps from your game and it must be playable. The maps must be made during the event. You must explain how the maps fit into your game (no just making random maps for the sake of taking part - they must come from a project that is being worked on for this event). Screenshots must be of a size to be able to see details clearly. Lighting, effects and the like are also fine, as long as map details can be clearly seen.

Giving Feedback ::
- Make sure that your feedback is in-depth enough and has a considerable amount of effort put into it! That's all I ask.

We reserve the right to pull any entries from any category at any time if it is believed that someone is trying to game the system in any way. We want to make this fair for people and to have fun, after all! :rwink:

Enjoy and have fun! Please let me know if you have any issues. :kaopride:

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, this sounds fun! So... Question: what about free demos (or trailers) for games that might one day be commercial? Since you say: Only FREE games!

Corlagon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
[*]All releases must have had significant progress made during the event timeline - no taking an old demo or game download and re-releasing it!

Hmm, how much progress is considered significant progress?

Would taking a relatively large game that's already in beta and doing overall polishing and perhaps adding another feature or two count? Or does actual content have to be added?

How large does a "full game" have to be to qualify?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, how much progress is considered significant progress?

Would taking a relatively large game that's already in beta and doing overall polishing and perhaps adding another feature or two count? Or does actual content have to be added?

How large does a "full game" have to be to qualify?

If you released a 1 hour demo then there should be at least a 30 minutes to 1 hour on top of it. That kind of significant progress.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would love to participate in this event! (I don't know if I'll be able to finish tho)
One question, as it's not clear to me: am I allowed to make a new game from scratch instead of working of a previous project?

Last edited:

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when you say 'Feedback review' do you mean only for people who made a game in this event? or can it be anyone?

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I has been making my game nonstop for 2 years, Is really far from finished, I could try making a Demo, but my game has music that i don't have permission to use :kaosigh:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would love to participate in this event! (I don't know if I'll be able to finish tho)
One question, as it's not clear to me: am I allowed to make a new game from scratch instead of working of a previous project?

Yes

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm about to make a short cutscene for the Valentine contest. Can I use it for this contest, too?

@stramin Just use a different song for this contest.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Count me in :D Not sure whether I'm aiming for demo or full game category though. There's some script stuff I need to get done first though as changing it later will break the game/save files.

@Mr. Detective Cutscenes are not a submission category for this event, though I'm sure it's fine if your valentine cutscene ends up in your demo/full game submission.

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is just great! I was wondering what to do with my life now that I finished my cutscene for valentine contest lol, this will be my next goal/step (first a scene, now an actual game). I just barely started so I'm not very good, but this challenge should be enough to keep me motivated. I'm not nearly enough finishing a full large game but releasing a short demo or a short standalone game within a month is still within the realm of possibility.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cool. My two larger games won't be close, but I do have the game that I was doing for the quarantine challenge last year. Might be high time to figure out what went wrong.

MoonMoonGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perfect timing, on the 12th, I started a new project where I've merged a bunch of assets together from an older one to try and make something coherent. I've had minimal progress done so far, this is a great kick in the teeth to make something a bit larger.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I care to participate with my extended demo cut if that would be accepted. It's more then double the amount of gameplay then the original demo stretching the demo with hours more content. I have it for closed testing right now and still adding more visuals, gameplay, enhancements, etc. before official release. Can I join with what I stated above?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I care to participate with my extended demo cut if that would be accepted. It's more then double the amount of gameplay then the original demo stretching the demo with hours more content. I have it for closed testing right now and still adding more visuals, gameplay, enhancements, etc. before official release. Can I join with what I stated above?

Just...
  • All releases must have had significant progress made during the event timeline - no taking an old demo or game download and re-releasing it!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I read that as a yes then. As I released it yesterday (17-2) for private testing and will release it for the public before the 15th of March. I'll add the tag and drop the link here once I get the demo out of private testing. Thnx.

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaojoy:Submissions

- Only FREE games!
Can we accept donations on itch.io or do we need to tick the 'No payments' checkbox for our games? I'm guessing the former but just confirming~ :kaoblush:

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Boss Battle ::
- Release a boss battle that must be part of the project that you worked on during the event. You may take an older game and use it to create the boss battle in.
- Please add a description and what part of your game is this going to be used for feedback giving!
I'm curious about this entry. How should we submit this? Do we submit/upload a game that includes only the boss battle (with the party previously defined/equipped etc.), sort of like a demo but with just the battle, or some other way?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm curious about this entry. How should we submit this? Do we submit/upload a game that includes only the boss battle (with the party previously defined/equipped etc.), sort of like a demo but with just the battle, or some other way?

Just the boss battle. There's a few examples on the previous RSE in this forum

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Stolen Item ---

M.Figher: I want to sell this Stone
Fence: Then...i can buy you 1500G
M.Figher: It's Deal!
(3 Days Later)
F.Fighter: M.Figher,Do you know about Stone that Mayor keep it in his Office? It's missing
M.Figher: Ahh,is that so... (Actually,i Stole it and Sell it to the Fence a few Days ago)
I've spent some cash on foley and other sound effects. I wonder sometimes if I made a poor choice, but I remember that I really want to improve the sound of my games. n...n; My frugalness haunts me sometimes.
elex 50s face.png

Experimenting with an old 50's style face set. I have done about a dozen variations of face sets for my characters, but am never happy with the results for very long. Different attempts. Second one is the same character as the first image. The third is Ivan, another character entirely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masters143