Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
There's been similar events since, but I'm getting nostalgic remembering the Release Something Weekend event years back.

Even if I don't end up participating in this, it's going to end up being a great time with all the community releases.

yeetMyDudes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Would love to take part!! But I'm so so painfully behind schedule, that I only have some art and a few maps to show for it. Might make a trailer, but think that's all I can do. :oswt:

Hyped to see other people's projects, and this might kick my ass in gear.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so if we have a game coming to steam early access that costs money but we create a free demo can we enter? *as long as significant progress was made during the event.

Coma70se

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm guessing we're allowed to use custom assets as long as they're free we have permission, and we credit the creator?

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I'm guessing we're allowed to use custom assets as long as they're free we have permission, and we credit the creator?
Nothing in the rules stating limitations of assets, paid or free. You should always credit though.

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still geared up from doing the Valentine Cutscene event so I think I'll keep the momentum going and do something for this too. Maybe along the line of a "Shooting Gallery" and "Find It" game system.

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually have something in the works that's kinda close to completion. Methinks I'll participate in this event.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can I release an old game that I have never released before? I'm thinking about unleashing my first (and horrible) RPG Maker VX game back from 2012. It doesn't have a custom title, so I could make that during the event!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay so if we have a game coming to steam early access that costs money but we create a free demo can we enter? *as long as significant progress was made during the event.
As long as it's free to play and doesn't involve any money. Even donations.

And as the rules said, it can be any old project.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I'm a lot taken these days, but this is so exciting ^^

Ozzac

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I'll try to finish the game I've posted the demo before then.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Archeia my submission. For the boss rush category.

Dunkle_G

The Meming Trash Man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just have a quick question about this. How do we submit our game?
I should be able to finish the demo of my game before the 15th, but where would I submit it?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just have a quick question about this. How do we submit our game?
I should be able to finish the demo of my game before the 15th, but where would I submit it?
You can just look at how I submitted mine.

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One question, do i put the [RSE] tag on the thread title on this forum or the actual game page title on a website?

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just know about this now. :oswt2:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a few questions about this:
  • Can you release it as a web deploy? I find I prefer to deploy free games that way so all the player has to do is click a link to play rather than download, install, etc.
  • Can one game be entered into multiple categories? So like, a full game with 3-5 maps + a boss fight that were made within the event period, and that also has a demo version?

Asterleena

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

oddly enough, at this point... 3 major things have kept me from porting my project to MZ... animations, and that's mainly because they don't match the artstyle of my game. and two... I NEED a YED Sideview Battler like plugin and I have yet to see one. 3rd, I don't have the money for all the stuff I need plugin wise. and I already have it on MV... lol
Generally speaking, would there be interest in some form of tutorial regarding general project management? I see there are a lot of indie/self-taught devs around here, and looking back i feel like there was a lack of resources on how to properly manage a project that might take several years to finish
I've been working on some ABS team A.I. for 'A New Suburbia', and thought I'd share.

I'm generally quite please although the AI is a little grenade heavy right now :rolleyes: - Sneaking and stalking next! Please excuse the terrible map... it was just for ease of viewing!
Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
speedylmao