RPG Maker 95

StoicRose

machiruda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Before I look into downloading the free version I found online... Is there any sold version of RPGM95, minus the PSX release? Or has it always been freeware and I just don't know? I don't wanna do anything illegal and download it.

Corlagon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
It's probably illegal, I'm not aware of any official release as freeware.

Unfortunately, RPG95 was never officially translated at all, it could only be imported from Japan.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's illegal. There's no interest in bringing it to the international market like 2k and 2k3 either, since it's so old that it'd be more trouble than it's worth. There was an extremely limited version of VX Ace that was free, VX Ace Lite, but it's not available to download anymore. That was the only free version ever, so if you find anything other "free" RM's out there, it's safe to assume that it's also pirated. Would you please PM a link to the site to a moderator?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually Ace Lite is available on Steam, just in case anyone is wanting to try it.

StoicRose

machiruda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Actually Ace Lite is available on Steam, just in case anyone is wanting to try it.
I understand that, but I'm talking about 95. Is there any legal way to get the Japanese version these days?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I was just letting Sharm know since she did not realize it was available. And, she answered your question.

Last edited:

StoicRose

machiruda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Okay, I was just letting Sharon know since she did not realize it was available. And, she answered your question.
Ah...My apologies. guess I missed that reply on accident, I dunno how that happened.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I understand that, but I'm talking about 95. Is there any legal way to get the Japanese version these days?
As far as I know RM95 was only distributed physically (CD or Disk, don't know), so for a legal copy you need to purchase those CDs, and the reason why it was never available outside japan in any numbers is that those CDs were originally shipped only to japanese adresses. And there never was a legal translation, only translation of the pirated version, so you would have to be able to read and write japanese to use it legally. You might have a chance of finding it on ebay used, but that would require a lot of luck and would be rather expensive (international shipment costs)

That said, if it is a price question then I suggest checking www.isthereanydeal.com regularly - especially Ace is available for less than 5$ several times a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh....When you spend hours doing something and then end up scrapping the idea >.<
Random joke of the day: This morning a man wearing a face mask robbed a supermarket in the town center. So far the police has arrested 240 suspects.
Hosting competitions using your game is always so nerve wracking!!!
Social distancing is great, apart from trying to work from home while the guy up the road now has ample time and apparently the only way to fill it is to ride his dirt bike up and down our street all day :(
I worry for the outsiders who send me emails trying to recruit me for their project, but don't even tell me what their project is or what they want in the first and second emails. This is not how you do it and why I like this site more. It is mandatory that you describe your project in detail in the recruitment section at the least!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasavat