SERVICE RPG Maker (All Maker Engines) -- Video Editor for your Epic Game trailer!

SpyreStudio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I know I haven't been active on this forum but I'm here now and I'd like to offer a FREE SERVICE exclusively for the Devs here on RPG Maker Forums like you.

Skills Offered: Video Editing and Post-Production

Samples:

Engine: Which "Maker" Engine are you using to make this game? (e.g. RPG Maker VX Ace, RPG Maker MV, Visual Novel Maker)

All Maker Engines since I am working with Video Footage and not game assets that require certain file formats etc...

My Role(s)/Position(s)/Experience: List here the jobs that you will be doing - pixel art, writing, music, mapping, eventing, etc. Note: It must be more than "Ideas Person", "Project Manager" or the like. You need to be taking an active role in the development of the game.

I'm a Video Editor & Part Time Writer/Game Dev. I've been working with artists and art for as long as I can remember probably around 6 years. I have developed a web comic by working with independent members (Letterist & Artist) to storyboard and develop it on Comic Fury. I've been editing AMVs since back when Vine was still around.

My objective here is to share my video editing skills to improve impressions on your video game based off the trailer alone. I will receive footage and videos of said trailer, they can be split up as several different videos or all one video based on your preference, and I will edit these into cinematic Game Trailers to increase the excitement and engagement around your video game. I may require certain Game Assets to be used in the trailer depending on which creative direction I go with (PNGs of specific assets that have been isolated so they can be imported into Premiere Pro).

Just email me with more details (spyreanimations@gmail.com), a general direction, genre/flavor of the game, and the tone that you want the video to present. I will take care of the nitty gritty and come back to you with updates for approval and such until the trailer is satisfying according to your standards (please note I reserve the right to resign from a task if it exceeds longer than standard editing turnover rate -- just putting this in as a failsafe, most projects will be done fairly quickly).

Thank you for checking out this posting and I hope to work with you guys soon.

Optional

Skill Trade:
I will make your game trailer footage look amazing and epic. Trim it into neat segments and increase the quality of your trailer for you. I can animate fonts, add titles, cool transitions, some simple color grading... the works. Basically VIDEO EDITING.

Last edited:

strife094

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pretty decent and basic service on your part. good to know if I;ll ever need video editing.

SpyreStudio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty decent and basic service on your part. good to know if I;ll ever need video editing.
Yep! Obviously the more art assets someone has at their disposal the better I can mix everything together. Let me know if you need help with anything and I'll try to help best i can.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sign me up. I'm at the point where I'm planning to crowdfund my work (can't say more because rules) and I think I could use a more detailed trailer to help with the presentation. (Also, some of the details have changed since the first, very basic trailer that I already did.)

SpyreStudio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds great. I'll DM you.

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Once I have a logo, I'll be happy to poke you about your services :)

studwb22

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you record the game footage or does that need to be supplied to you?

SpyreStudio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you record the game footage or does that need to be supplied to you?
Great question, you can if you already have footage ready. But I take as much responsibility on the project as I can and compile footage, sounds, pngs and audio myself (all materials used have to be copyright free of course). If you have notes on what gameplay to feature and things like that please let me know in a conversation so I can emphasize that accordingly.

SpyreStudio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sign me up. I'm at the point where I'm planning to crowdfund my work (can't say more because rules) and I think I could use a more detailed trailer to help with the presentation. (Also, some of the details have changed since the first, very basic trailer that I already did.)
I've sent you a DM in conversation with the video link. Take care and good luck!

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What happens when the customer plays the game and finds out that it's nowhere near as epic as the trailer . . . a chargeback! :stickytongue:

In all seriousness, it’s very nice of you to do this, especially for nothing in return. I would advise that whoever works with you, just make sure that their project is as exciting as the video that you make for them.

Last edited:

SpyreStudio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What happens when the customer plays the game, and finds out that it's no where near as epic as the trailer? . . . a chargeback! :stickytongue:

In all seriousness, it’s very nice of you to do this, especially for nothing in return. I would advise that whoever works with you, just make sure that their project is as exciting as the video that you make for them.
I totally agree with you. I think we see that too often big game publishers use the best parts of a game to advertise their game and are guilty of using footage that is not real game engine footage, etc... I hope I can make these independent games exciting without overhyping the game to a negative effect. That's why communication is key. It's what separates an 'almost perfect' to exactly synced with the creator's vision. That's when you get amazing results.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Daz3D has the weirdest number scheme for model generations...
Genesis 4 is the 4th generation and oldest currently available, Genesis 1 is the 5th generation, Genesis 2 is the 6th, 3 is the 7th.... And then it goes Genesis 8. So 4, 1, 2, 3, 8. So when looking through there story you have to remember that sometimes they'll say 6 but they mean 3, and vice versa. :kaoswt:
Would opening a topic with the tutorial be interesting?
Just finished my first Slip into Ruby since last July! It'll be up and added to the main post tomorrow, along with a new Jump into Javascript.
to pass the time.pngTesting out making boxes and packs of items. These things are always fun to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captainness