Nate_Tillern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone!

So I have run into a problem that I am no longer able to solve. Something that began happening a long time ago during my development is sometimes when I saved and closed MV while the world map was loaded, MV would then fail to open the next time I tried. When I would try to open it the normal start up image would pop up followed by the window. However, the window would promptly close itself without ever loading any of the game I was working on. I quickly figured out that often time my world map file was getting filled with a bunch of 'null' values that I could manually delete in the text file leading to the software opening and loading my game properly, so no big deal. However, recently MV shut itself down automatically while I was working on a much smaller map, one floor of a dungeon. It shut itself down right after I tried to apply the addition of some troops in that maps random encounter section. Now when I try to open MV it appears to be doing the same thing with opening the window but then promptly closing itself without loading anything, except that I have gone through the text of all 84 maps that I currently have removing all instances of 'null' and it still fails to load. So now I'm really concerned, I have a back up, but it's about a month old at this point and it would suck if I had to start from there.

From online research I've only found a similar issue for people with the Steam version, but that is not the version I'm using and the suggested fixes for those that could apply to me have done nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I need to post more details to help troubleshoot this issue please let me know!

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had this same issue for a while, and never figured out the cause of it. I eventually just reformatted my computer and reinstalled everything. Everything works flawlessly now.

Nate_Tillern

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had this same issue for a while, and never figured out the cause of it. I eventually just reformatted my computer and reinstalled everything. Everything works flawlessly now.
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply, would you be willing to clarify for me what "reformatting" your computer entails?

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reformatting is where you wipe your computer and completely reinstall your operating system. You'll need a flash drive or a blank DVD and a copy of whichever OS you use. Also, you'll want to back up everything of course.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea if this is relevant, but where is your project being saved? Is it to a folder that's got an automatic online sync happening, like dropbox, Google drive, steam cloud, etc? If it is, try moving it to another location that doesn't have this "feature", so you know nothing else is trying to update or save your files while you're working on them.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Since it's an issue with the editor, I'm moving this to Tech Support.

Moved to Tech Support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi