RPG Maker Birthday Bash!

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score

Today is RPG Maker's Birthday, and we're so excited! Whether you've been familiar with RPG Maker for decades, or you just got word of its awesomeness recently, we'd love to see you join us in a month-long celebration.

For the next 4 weeks, we'll be sharing weekly RPG Maker resource freebies, helpful articles, as well as a few other surprises. In addition, we will be hosting a month-long game-making challenge!

And with that, let's have 3 cheers for RPG Maker!

[COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]Game-Making Challenge[/COLOR]

One of the biggest challenges for both budding and seasoned developers is finishing a game. It's surprisingly easy to be too ambitious, to lose motivation or simply get side-tracked enough to stop game development. But there's no better feeling than putting the finishing touch on that project and calling it done.

During our birthday month, we want to encourage all of you to start and finish a small project. Whether you're practicing for IGMC or just playing along for the fun of it, we'd love to see you create. And to encourage you further, we'll be giving away an exclusive mini-pack to anyone that finishes their new project by the deadline.

In addition, each week we'll be selecting one very lucky participant who will receive a special prize – a custom-made resource created by one of our talented artists and musicians!

Rules:

• Your project must be brand new. You may set your project in an existing universe (ex a prequel to your game), but the planning and execution of your entry should only be starting today.

• You may use any existing resources such as music, character sprites, tilesets, etc. Please note that your resources need to be legal (no rips) and need to have the appropriate credits. We encourage you to check out the Resource Showcase to find some resources our awesome community artists have created.

• You may create any new resources for your project. Consider sharing them with the community if it might benefit a fellow developer!

• Your project should be between 15 minutes and 1 hour long. There are no penalties for being over the 1 hour mark, but we encourage you to focus on quality versus just quantity.

• Your project may use any theme, as long as it's within the general forum rules. Please remember that some of our younger forum members may play your game, so keep things family-friendly.

• Team projects are welcome!

Deadline: March 14th, 2016

You may start threads for your projects here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/148-rpg-maker-birthday-bash/

Last edited by a moderator:

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks fun, I'm working on something else so I won't be participating but good luck to those that do. Happy birthday Rpg Maker, thanks for all the fun and to those that made it possible over the years thanks to you all as well!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those curious, its the 26th for RPG maker. That or I was wrong in 2014 when I posted on our blog it was the 24th birthday...

Yuu-Mon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Happy Birthday and thanks for the many years of your great work.

Man... I remember the good old RPG Maker 2000 days... Been so long.

Nivlacart

Glue my hand to the tablet pen.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh man, I really want to enter this. Happy Birthday, RPG Maker!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@Amysaurus ....*stare at you* o3o~

Okay I am readyyyyyyyy!

well actually it's have to be a prequel or a sequel or a existing game? ogh well if we haven't published any game XD!?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@Lunarea I see! fiou I was scare lol xD

I will think about a game project o3o!

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You are a vile temptress, lady ;-;
Let's celebrate properly by using 2k sprite and map graphics in MV with XP music VX battlers and use ace's character generator to design the characters. Brilliant!

@nio kasgami it says you MAY not that you MUST. o3o so no, you don't have to

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Let's celebrate properly by using 2k sprite and map graphics in MV with XP music VX battlers and use ace's character generator to design the characters. Brilliant!

@nio kasgami it says you MAY not that you MUST. o3o so no, you don't have to
don't forgot Using all the material in MV AND THIS HAVE TO NOT CLASH!

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
don't forgot Using all the material in MV AND THIS HAVE TO NOT CLASH!
If tou think I would EVER make a game with clashing graphics even as a joke I will have to disown you.  I'll find a way to tastefully use every maker. Mark my words.

Atlas Rose

Jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't wait to see what games people make! I may put a pause on my current project to work on this one

Zabu

Prince of light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! Sounds cool!

I will try, it can be helpful for me!

Skyforger

Maker of the Sky
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't wait to see what games people make! I may put a pause on my current project to work on this one

I might just do the same thing. Maybe I'll make a game about what happened after the events of my current project?

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i am the master at making short projects into what could probably take years. I get too attached to the characters :')

Maybe I'll try this contest out anyway... Probably not but who knows?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Could be fun. Is it permissible that I use a plugin I'm currently in the middle of finishing? Does that count as an existing resource or am I outta luck?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
If tou think I would EVER make a game with clashing graphics even as a joke I will have to disown you.  I'll find a way to tastefully use every maker. Mark my words.
@Makio-Kuta do I ever was......in your testament xD? what I would win if you die? 

Anyway's returning to the topic I will have to find a spell checker and a spriter but I think it's will be easy o3o!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phiny