Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Starting last month, Gotcha Gotcha Games, the developer of RPG Maker, has also taken over as the publisher of RPG Maker. But don’t worry, this isn’t the end of RPG Maker for Komodo, or the community we have built together! We will still be working together with Gotcha Gotcha Games to support the community and make your RPG Maker games come to life.

Komodo will continue to publish new DLC for the current engines. Additionally, we will still handle the RPGMakerWeb branded site, forums, and social media. Finally, the Komodo Plaza (formerly Degica Shop) will remain the home for standalone, non-Steam purchases of RPG Maker and its DLC.

But, while some things will remain the same, there will of course still be changes. For future technical support for the Maker, or help with any DLC released by Gotcha Gotcha Games (the ones with the Official DLC ribbon on the banners), please contact Gotcha Gotcha Games RPG Maker support HERE. For questions or problems with Komodo Plaza sales or about DLC published by Komodo, please continue to use the RPGMakerWeb support channels.

RPG Maker continues, and we hope that we at Komodo can continue to help all of you make your dreams of making a game come true.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's unfortunate there couldn't be an agreement to combine the Web sites, or at least to provide a link here from the other domain. Having two professional sites is likely to cause some confusion.

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This seems like a good time to ask, does that go for older makers as well? Is XP still credited to Enterbrain, or to GGG now?

We put every version we could remember in our credits for IGMC, but it would be lovely to know which one was technically correct XD

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This seems like a good time to ask, does that go for older makers as well? Is XP still credited to Enterbrain, or to GGG now?

We put every version we could remember in our credits for IGMC, but it would be lovely to know which one was technically correct XD
Gotcha Gotcha Games is correct across all of the RPG Makers.

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for confirming guys!

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, does this mean there is a new patch incoming?

watermark

Playing around with MZ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, great job and thanks to you guys for running this forum all these years! Although I've gone through different phases in life, I always feel comfortable coming back here to chill.

It's kinda like a favorite bar.
And there's others like me, who might disappear for stretches of time, but will poke their heads in here every once in a while.

Just curious, if you aren't the official publishers of RM, then I assume that you guys are now free to sign other products/engines as well? If that's so I think it might be better keeping new engines in separate forums, but who knows. I have no idea. Or you can be like Paizo when they stopped their DnD partnership and started their own thing.

Anyway, good luck going forward! I'm glad this place is around.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Right now we are going to continue to focus on being an RPG Maker forum first, as we still publish RM Resource packs. But many of our resource packs are not Engine restricted, and who knows what we will do in the future. We're just happy to continue to be able to supply an online home for so many indie and hobby devs here.

ProSuperSchool

Zackleaynst the ProSuperSchool
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dear GGG...pls read this.
How about encapsulatingly include all the hard workers staffs and developers of the administration of this site and then elect them as part of admin and dev team in the new forum later?
RPGMakerWeb has been holding RPG Maker torch for the public since a decade ago, and they did it successfully so. So pls give them some credit. I know I'm just a nobody, but please hear our plea here oh somebody, let us keep each other the everybody..

:)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!
Has anyone ever wanted to choose how they play? I've been working on Black Moon, a project where you can fight against ancient beasts by commanding an army of former gods and goddesses. But what makes it different is that there are different ways to give your choice heroes either Red, Green, or Blue weapons/armor, and each grants different abilities. More coming soon!
Can Elon crash Twitter faster? I want something as big to replace it so I can promote my game there. I also need to actually do promotion this time, heh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawlingo