RPG Maker Day Mini-game Challenge Submissions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay... so I rushed today to complete my project for this event! Here it is:

Title: Super Snow Ball
Credits: Avery and @Finnuval
Plugins & Music: me

I'll make a forum thread in the completed game section tomorrow (I have to go sleep >.<).

Last edited:

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sure, why not. Have a submission:

Treading a bit on the rules, this is based on a minigame from a completed game, BUT that one was made in Vx ace, and this is MV. they're also slightly different. And I had to make it from scratch since I dont have the original project anymore. So yeah.

sapphireLight

Dragon Rider
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
Here's my entry for the challenge. :)

Monster Targets
A carnival-style shooting gallery mini-game where you must hit monsters to get points before time runs out.

Screenshot.jpg

Download Link

Edit: I fixed a typo I had missed in the game.

Last edited:

k_mckenzie

Fey.Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My platformer idea turned into a chicken coop micro-game, which can be plugged into a build-a-town mini-game:

twominchicken_thumb.png
I had fun making this one. I learned new things about event-on-event interactions. Now I want to make a build-a-town mini-game for my big project, so I can plug the chicken coop into the player's base!

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Therese spammed everyone with Harold's job applications (that freeloader needed a job), and someone hired him! Harold, with his eyes to the sky would not be satisfied with being a garbage-man.... Instead he is The Sanitation Vindicator!

Download:

Last edited:

Corlagon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
So while pondering ideas for this challenge, I happened to be reading the Surtur Saga, and thus felt compelled to wear my Thor sweater. The one with Thor and Loki drawn in the style of Charles M. Schulz …

When you get close to the ball, press the main button to kick it before your opponent pulls it away. Then the roles reverse! Win twice in a row to advance.

(The on-screen text is only intended as a guideline for novices; you'll probably be more successful by focusing on the characters instead.)

Chez

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bun Bun and her wife Bonnie were frolicking in the forest when the evil soldier comes to steal Bonnie as a pet for the king! It's up to Bun Bun to have the biggest run of her life to save her!

The game itself includes the following:
-Speed up power ups
-A Working Hud displaying HP, the current powerup active and your current score
-Enemies with set move routes to memorize and pass through
-Enemies that follow you to increase difficulty
-A moderate difficulty all around, with the real challenge being to get the highest score possible AND make it to the end!
cutscene1.PNGwife.PNGscreen1.PNGscreen2.PNGscreen3.PNG

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Summoner Shuffle

S_Shuffle2.png

Join Miciah as he confronts his former mentor, and challenges him and his disciples for the title of Master Summoner!

Summoner Shuffle is a simple rock-paper-scissors style card game created in RPG Maker MV, as part of the RPG Maker Day Mini-game Challenge.

Each card has an element, a rank, and a power stat. Fire beats Nature, Nature beats Water, Water beats Fire. If cards of the same element battle, then the card with the higher power stat wins. Win a match by either winning with cards of each element, but different ranks, or by winning with three cards of the same element, but different ranks.

This project was made over the course of a few days, and a few features had to be cut in order to finish in time. I'm thinking of continuing work on the project through, and having it available as a mini-game within my main RPG project, so if you enjoy it, keep an eye out! :p

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi people!
Here is my Minigame:

DOWNLOAD(ITCH IO)

The intention is to reproduce the core mechanics from the game Overcooked.
It was going pretty well, but... time's up!
So I can't manage to deliver a tutorial or better UI...
It has a few bugs but it's playable, nothing that would crash the game(I hope).
Only have two stages.
Press Z to pick up and drop items.

1 - Cut the ingredients;

2 - pick up the plate and take the sliced ingredients.

3 - Put it on the pan.

Credits to:
chicogames.itch.io - Huds
Hiddenone - Washing Dishes behaviour.
Avery - Sink graphics.
Chaucer - Chaucer Scene Stabilizer V7.
Triacontane - Template Event / EventRespawn.
Mankind(MKR) - Event Gauges.
Kadokawa and Degica for the rtp usage and some tilesets from the tool Sakan.

Have fun!!!

OBS: I like this contest so much! I learn a bunch of things while I was making the game! Thank you, guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:
Made idle animation for character. It first had only three frames but looked too different from walking animation and I had to draw five more.
MV and VX Ace both have good qualities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadAtticGames