Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Neato, this sounds like a fun opportunity to try brainstorming some minigames. :kaothx:

One thought I had, if everyone's minigames are going to be put into a single compilation project, perhaps having a pseudo variable/switch sign up table wouldn't be a bad idea. Just something like, say I'm participant #3, so switches/variables 301-400 and common events 31-40 are reserved for my minigame, with more being request-able if I think my minigame would take more. Probably not something that would be required or anything, but would help keep things a bit easier to combine down the road.
I know this is a stupidly slow reply. But I actually have a solution to that. It's best if everyone just uses the first X number of switches/variables.

I'll use the one that uses the most, then assign variables/switches later in the set for that number to each mini-game, then whenever you leave a mini-game map, I'll just dump all of the "active" maps and switches into their storage stuff and on entrance of that minigame again I'll load them back in. :)

The only thing that will have to be juggled a bit differently is common events but hopefully that won't be nearly as much manual editing.

Also, Voting for the minigame contest will start on March 5th! This will give everyone who wants to vote plenty of time to play the entries. (Also it gives me time to handle it since I'm going to be at PAX East for work starting Tuesday, so won't have time to run voting then :p)

quackenbirdt

Pixel Pili Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw, this is sad for me, not only my "minigame" is not RTP, I have just released an alpha version of it. Too bad tho as it has already grown into 20 full sized "minigame" levels as of now.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a clever way to deal with the switches and variables, though it does mean putting all of mine in the 80s was for naught. :rswt Ah well, at least I only used a few so it won't be hard to fix when I update my minigame today.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a clever way to deal with the switches and variables, though it does mean putting all of mine in the 80s was for naught. :rswt Ah well, at least I only used a few so it won't be hard to fix when I update my minigame today.
Sometimes my brain works.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm uploading my entry to itch at the moment. I wrapped a little story around it, but could fairly easily strip that out if needed. Not that my idea was terribly clever or anything. As far as RTP is concerned, I can't think of a better way to celebrate RPG Maker than to have an event centered around the RTP!

Therefore, Harold, Therese, Marsha, and Lucius are getting more mileage!

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey people!
Just for me to be sure because I live in Brazil.
According to the pacific time, it's about 6 or 7 hours to the deadline, right?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finals voting will start on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..
It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPatisserie