MysteryMan23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it just me, or are there missing character graphics in this pack? The ninja and the shrine maiden have faces and busts, but no character sprite.

Anyone know what's going on?

Ithan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
well, I have a problem ... I downloaded the rpg maker ds + resource pack and noticed that one of the portraits came missing. Well I wonder if there really is the portrait of the main student or if there is not actually came in my resource bundle. if I have not received this portrait I would please if anyone has this portrait, to share it with me. please !!! I need it for my project !!! PS: sorry for my bad English, I am Brazilian and I am still intermediate in English ;)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It should be there.

JTAvAOp.png

Ithan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
It should be there.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JTAvAOp.png[/IMG]
Yes, are these images, but in my pack these images doesn't exist. Can you send these pictures for me? Please I need this

Last edited by a moderator:

Ithan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
oh ignore my previous comments, I didn't see that there was a new version of this pack. well, I downloaded the new version and... there was a picture of main student :) and... Archeia, are you the one has edited that BGM tracks? if so, could you tell me which program you used and the audio plugin to? because that sounds are very explendid! ;)

Deadgarv

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if I could get the resized chibi battlers,and I have proof that I have DS+Untitled.png

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
One cannot simply resize pixel sprites to fit MV. 

It has to be remade from scratch which is something I'm working on very slowly but it is not high priority.

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Are we allowed to resize and use them in MV if we wanted under the terms and conditions I mean?

Using Yanflys Animated Sideview enemies plugin there is a scale enemy option and actually works rather well when increasing size by 60%~

Skyforger

Maker of the Sky
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Who do I thank for the music in the resource pack?

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, I can't open the character generator with windows 10 even though I have my Jre installed and enabled. Is there any workaround for this?

EDIT : Here are error messages I'm getting :

At "Wrapped Exception"

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

At "Exception"

JNLParseException[ Could not parse launch file. Error at line 1.]
    at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    ... 8 more

The "Launch File" part says just "PK"

Hope it can help to figure it out.

Esperia

Nasuverse Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Since this is on sale in steam along whit the Samurai pack and the first DS pack I wanted to ask if

you guys would recommend buying it?

I have read reviews on steam on how the tile-sets are misplaced and need editing in any image editor

to make the pack actually usable...

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Despite my misadventure with the character generator I would recommend it.
Tilesets are put in such a way that you can easily organize them a way that you see fit. They're all classified through "era" (modern tiles, sci-fi tiles, sengoku tiles etc). You get a handful of characters and a ton of material for character generator along a face and bust generator.
It's definetely worth it.

Also, organizing the tiles etc will make you have a first step in ressource editing and it will be extremely useful for you.

Esperia

Nasuverse Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Despite my misadventure with the character generator I would recommend it.
Tilesets are put in such a way that you can easily organize them a way that you see fit. They're all classified through "era" (modern tiles, sci-fi tiles, sengoku tiles etc). You get a handful of characters and a ton of material for character generator along a face and bust generator.
It's definetely worth it.

Also, organizing the tiles etc will make you have a first step in ressource editing and it will be extremely useful for you.

Already have some experience editing tiles in gimp myself due to certain trees I found online...

Anyway for now I bought the samurai pack, Might pick up the DS & DS+ packs this week on steam

before the sale is over which is due the next 28th of this month.

Idril

Widdershins Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Esperia The DS and DS+ packs are amazing, and I definitely recommend getting them both. DS is mostly fantasy stuff. The busts are wonderful. DS+ is modern/sci-fi/feudal Japan stuff, and the busts are also great, this time with emosets, in a bit different of a style, although they still go pretty well together (and with RTP style faces/busts). All resources are sized for VX Ace but I guess you could mess with them a bit and get them to work in MV, not sure about it exactly. As for the Steam reviews, I have seen them too and people must have not watched the video tutorials. They require a lot of shift-mapping but there is a sample map that gives you all the parts and makes it really easy. I made an entire game with DS+ and only had to edit tiles once, because I wanted to clump tiles from the B tileset.

A list I whipped up for you of what's included in each, expanding on the ones from the product pages to give more detail about the sprites -

DS

• 36 full-size front view battlers and high-res versions
  • 160 human sprites (34 with four color schemes for each type of sprite)
  • 12 animal sprites (dogs, cats, and horses, four color schemes for each type)
  • 48 monster sprites (12 different types with four color schemes)
  • 24 vehicles (3 types, four colors each)
  • 2 skipping child sprites (there is a whole sheet of kids in the 160 human sprites but they do not skip)
  • 1 naked base for adult sprites
  • 1 naked base for skipping child sprites
  • 33 event objects
  • 160 faces/portraits (they match the human sprites, but the four variations are a little different than just recolors)
  • 5 Dungeon Sets (Ice, Sewer, Crystal, Space, Mines)
  • 4 Town Sets (Arabian, Forest, Castle, Town)
  • 80 Icons, 85 Big Icons, 1 Windowskin
  • 20 BGM Tracks
  • some handy scripts
  • 20 sample maps

DS+

• Over 30 tilesets (A1-TileD) and over 15 character sheets to create 4 distinct areas (feudal Japan, modern, futuristic and pirate ship)
  • 20 BGM tracks
  • 43 full-size front view battlers (with high res versions)
  • 124 chibi pixel battlers (tiny, and adorable)
  • 10 floor battlebacks (with high res versions)
  • 13 wall battlebacks (with high res versions)
  • 36 bust characters (with four emotions each, for the most part (two characters have an extra emotion)) and the same in faces
  • 2 system balloons
  • Character generator (with a bunch of separate parts), importing guide and 2 video tutorials by Archeia
  • Sample project with 120 maps, complete with passabilities and custom material
  • some scripts

Esperia

Nasuverse Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Esperia The DS and DS+ packs are amazing, and I definitely recommend getting them both. DS is mostly fantasy stuff. The busts are wonderful. DS+ is modern/sci-fi/feudal Japan stuff, and the busts are also great, this time with emosets, in a bit different of a style, although they still go pretty well together (and with RTP style faces/busts). All resources are sized for VX Ace but I guess you could mess with them a bit and get them to work in MV, not sure about it exactly. As for the Steam reviews, I have seen them too and people must have not watched the video tutorials. They require a lot of shift-mapping but there is a sample map that gives you all the parts and makes it really easy. I made an entire game with DS+ and only had to edit tiles once, because I wanted to clump tiles from the B tileset.

A list I whipped up for you of what's included in each, expanding on the ones from the product pages to give more detail about the sprites -

DS

• 36 full-size front view battlers and high-res versions
  • 160 human sprites (34 with four color schemes for each type of sprite)
  • 12 animal sprites (dogs, cats, and horses, four color schemes for each type)
  • 48 monster sprites (12 different types with four color schemes)
  • 24 vehicles (3 types, four colors each)
  • 2 skipping child sprites (there is a whole sheet of kids in the 160 human sprites but they do not skip)
  • 1 naked base for adult sprites
  • 1 naked base for skipping child sprites
  • 33 event objects
  • 160 faces/portraits (they match the human sprites, but the four variations are a little different than just recolors)
  • 5 Dungeon Sets (Ice, Sewer, Crystal, Space, Mines)
  • 4 Town Sets (Arabian, Forest, Castle, Town)
  • 80 Icons, 85 Big Icons, 1 Windowskin
  • 20 BGM Tracks
  • some handy scripts
  • 20 sample maps

DS+

• Over 30 tilesets (A1-TileD) and over 15 character sheets to create 4 distinct areas (feudal Japan, modern, futuristic and pirate ship)
  • 20 BGM tracks
  • 43 full-size front view battlers (with high res versions)
  • 124 chibi pixel battlers (tiny, and adorable)
  • 10 floor battlebacks (with high res versions)
  • 13 wall battlebacks (with high res versions)
  • 36 bust characters (with four emotions each, for the most part (two characters have an extra emotion)) and the same in faces
  • 2 system balloons
  • Character generator (with a bunch of separate parts), importing guide and 2 video tutorials by Archeia
  • Sample project with 120 maps, complete with passabilities and custom material
  • some scripts

That seals the deal then, I would be mad to not get them specially now that they are on sale. I will definately

check the sample maps to see what I can do whit these.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am just checking in here to ask a question regarding the 3rd party DLC that were released in Japan for the not very old NDS versions of the game. 
Someone mentioned above that they had seen screenshots and videos of this content, and out of curiousity I would like to see them too! 

Although, I am not sure if this a sensitive question as in linking to such things would be considered piracy or breaking any forum rules.
I sure hope not since I have no intention of pirating anything and I am not asking for ripped tilesets either! 
A youtube video of someone tinkering or showcasing them on his/her DS would be fine. Anything would be fine, really.

Also...

@Archeia

Posted 21 January · Report post

One cannot simply resize pixel sprites to fit MV. 

It has to be remade from scratch which is something I'm working on very slowly but it is not high priority.

This made me curious. So does this mean that there is a high chance that these DLC's will eventually be re-released as new DLC to fit MV? :)

EDIT: I found that you had already talked about this recently in another thread.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O
I'm coming back to my work with Learn RPG Maker MV. Soon I'll be posting previews screenshots for my "paterons"! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NittlesAndQuimps