Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also if there is any other random question people have ever wanted to ask me, do it here. I'll answer most anything to be honest.

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What was your first Final Fantasy game you played?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What was your first Final Fantasy game you played?

Original on NES. I liked it, but not as much as I did the NES Dragon Quest (Dragon Warrior) games. Ranking the two series on NES I'd say:

1. DQIV
2. DQIII
3. FFIII
4. FFI
5. DQI
6. FFII
7. DQII

I think the height for FF as a franchise was probably '92-'97 (V, VI, VII, Tactics) for me.

rux

I love blankets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How is it going?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been a bit sick for a few weeks, but other than that pretty ok. I just had a very large burrito that was pretty tasty.

rux

I love blankets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been a bit sick for a few weeks, but other than that pretty ok. I just had a very large burrito that was pretty tasty.

niiiiice

kiyasu

Professional Illustrator and Character Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
maybe English?
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How many RPG Maker games have you played?

EDIT: Also, I am not sure whether this is true, but I remember reading somewhere that there is this "gorilla thing" that could be related to you. Like, in the forum rules, there is this vague(?) rule saying this: " 14. Do NOT anger the gorilla." Are you THE gorilla mentioned in the rules? (Also with your "Touchfuzzy" hair and stuff? XD) And is there a connection between your profile icon and the whole gorilla thing (and the "Touchfuzzy" hair)? XD

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Uh, I probably couldn't count how many RM games I've played. I mean I've been in the community for around a decade. I've probably played hundreds just from judging contests (IGMC especially)

And on to the gorilla.

The gorilla is a joke rule that has existed since I was an admin at RPGMakerVX.net. The gorilla isn't actually a person (despite many mods here referring to me as the gorilla at times when referencing the rules), but more of an abstract force. The main point of the rule is that sometimes, people do things so egregious that we just point to rule 14 and remove them immediately. Generally they would have already broken other rules anyway.

The last time I invoked rule 14 was a user using gendered insults towards a mod in PM. They were immediately permabanned for it.

I'm pretty sure I was the one who added the rule, though it has been at least 10 years since it was created so I might be taking credit for something someone else did. But I'm pretty sure that incarnation of the forum rules was one that I wrote anyway.

kiyasu

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
maybe English?
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Touchfuzzy Thanks for the reply! Why do many moderators refer to you as the gorilla here? XD And why is your user ID "Touchfuzzy"? What is the story(?) behind your user ID?

Also, why are you the only one who is listed as "Staff member" and "LEAD EAGLE" here? If you look at the Staff members page, you are the only one who is listed. Are you the Ultimate Forum Master of this forums, or is it @Archeia or somebody else? Why isn't @Archeia and everybody else listed on that page? I am also curious about the "touchfuzzy.4" in your member URL, which seems to mean that you are the fourth registered user on this forum. What happened to the previous three?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Touchfuzzy Thanks for the reply! Why do many moderators refer to you as the gorilla here?

Because at this point I'm the only staff member who has been around that long, and I think over time the definition of who the "gorilla" is has just shifted as we never really talked about it with new mods.

XD And why is your user ID "Touchfuzzy"? What is the story(?) behind your user ID?

It's a reference to a funny stage from Yoshi's Island. I needed a new username when I jumped on RMVX.net and for some reason I just settled on that.

Also, why are you the only one who is listed as "Staff member" and "LEAD EAGLE" here? If you look at the Staff members page, you are the only one who is listed. Are you the Ultimate Forum Master of this forums, or is it @Archeia or somebody else?

Lead Eagle is our Head Admin title. It comes from another inside joke. A person started accusing me of being a Legal Eagle because I insisted people should follow the forum rules. At some point we switched my badge to Lead Eagle, I can't remember exactly who did that. I used to have an avatar of a bald eagle in a judges robe to go with it.

I'm the head admin as far as moderation, community stuff, and general direction. I don't handle technical stuff for the most part. Archeia handles some community stuff, but does a lot more behind the scenes things.

Why isn't @Archeia and everybody else listed on that page? I am also curious about the "touchfuzzy.4" in your member URL, which seems to mean that you are the fourth registered user on this forum. What happened to the previous three?

Yes, 4 is because I am the fourth account made. 1 was the generic admin account, 2 is the RPGMakerWeb account I use for announces, 3 is Nathanial, who was one of the other Degica contractors that helped set up the forums (though isn't with the company anymore.

Honestly, I'm not sure which groups it pulls for the staff members page... I should look at that at some point.

kiyasu

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
maybe English?
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's a reference to a funny stage from Yoshi's Island. I needed a new username when I jumped on RMVX.net and for some reason I just settled on that.

Ah, I kept thinking it was related to the gorilla thing, haha XD Speaking of which, what's the story behind your profile icon? It does quite fit the "Touchfuzzy gorilla" image, coincidentally(?)! That video was interesting though, Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy... it really fits you for some reason.... I'm not sure why XD

@Touchfuzzy @slimmmeiske2 I did a quick search for "Nathaniel" in that search box on the top right, and one of the first things I clicked on was this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?members/dalph.17109/page-6#profile-post-comment-307059 Now that's interesting. It's making me curious who are the people after #4, all the way up to #11 @Archeia and then #19 @Shaz. Do you know the members after you up to Shaz?

Also, have you ever met any of the staff in person? How many of the staff have met each other in person before? I know for my own upcoming RPG Maker game, one of my composers have known my voice actress for 20+ years and never had once met in person! (And both my voice actress and composer live in the United States.) AND... both of my composers (there are two composers for my game) have also known each other for 30+ years and never met in person before. I also never met most of my real friends, either. And when I worked on a Taiwan and President Chen is Innocent case in 2015 and 2016, I also never met any of the people I collaborated with on this human rights case. It's lovely everyone is scattered on different parts of the globe and can still get so many amazing, influential things achieved regardless of having ever met or not. =) And I still don't know at least what many of my friends and people I collaborated with actually look like in person, haha. I love this XD

Another question is, are you the one writing all the rpgmakerweb.com updates (including posting your own spotlight feature)? Are you often confused with @Eliaquim when you write the RPGMakerWeb updates? XD And how do you feel about making a post featuring yourself? XD

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
4 Questions (can be answers short)

What is your favorite RMPG maker?

What would be your favorite RPG maker game you played?

Have you made any games in one of those rpg maker? if yes, how many (+ maker used)?

What game gerne do you like or most (childhood or current (or both))?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
4 Questions (can be answers short)

What is your favorite RMPG maker?

Not grasping the question (I haven't slept in over 24 hours). If you mean my favorite version of RPG Maker, it is MZ.

What would be your favorite RPG maker game you played?

There was a community game made by an old RMVX.net mod who went by scherzo called "In Midnight". It's practically impossible to find. It isn't that the game is superb, but the humor is just a mass of injokes from back then and it is very personal to me.

Outside of that, I do really like Witch's House.

I know there has to be some IGMC entry that my brain is glossing over as well, but I always played like 100 games at once during those and even the best ones kind of disappear into the blur after a while.

Have you made any games in one of those rpg maker? if yes, how many (+ maker used)?

I've finished two games. One was in RPG Maker 95 and was very cringy and very bad cause I was like, 13. I don't have it anymore and I wouldn't share it if I did. The second was a short silly puzzle game I did for one of our PAX East appearances called "Harold Vs PAX East" It wasn't great, but it worked as a marketing gimmick.

What game gerne do you like or most (childhood or current (or both))?

Childhood: RPGs. Of all kinds. WRPGs/JRPGs/SRPGs.
Now: Probably open world playgrounds. Though I still love RPGs. RPG open world playgrounds are even better.

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kiyasu I've met @Archeia in person. I don't think I've met any of the other staff.

kiyasu

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
maybe English?
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Another question is, are you the one writing all the rpgmakerweb.com updates (including posting your own spotlight feature)? Are you often confused with @Eliaquim when you write the RPGMakerWeb updates? XD And how do you feel about making a post featuring yourself? XD

@Touchfuzzy By the way, in case you didn't "get" what the joke above is about, I am not the only one who thinks the same about the "RMWeb = Eliaquim!?" thing. Have a look at @Wavelength's Profile Post about @Eliaquim here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?members/wavelength.43459/#profile-post-119219 XD

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Grabbing a couple more of these that I missed.

@Touchfuzzy @slimmmeiske2 I did a quick search for "Nathaniel" in that search box on the top right, and one of the first things I clicked on was this: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?members/dalph.17109/page-6#profile-post-comment-307059 Now that's interesting. It's making me curious who are the people after #4, all the way up to #11 @Archeia and then #19 @Shaz. Do you know the members after you up to Shaz?

5-10 are all either weirdly missing or are early moderator staff, as they moved over before we opened up registrations.

5: No Idea, as it isn't showing up in the admin panel
6: PentagonBuddy
7: Timmah
8: Lunarea
9: BigEd781
10: Emmych

The lowest non moderation/Degica staff account is I think #22, which is Des (FinalBossBlues, the person who does the Time Fantasy Packs).

Eliaquim won the last Original Character Contest with the character we use as our Avatar. Part of the prize was that that character would represent RPG Maker for the next year. (I think this ends in Jan. Perhaps be ready for a new contest to determine our new avatar >_>)

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I respect any man who knows how to make a decent onigirazu :rhappy:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol
Lil' sketch I drew of Nico di Angelo :)
The spooky boi himself ♥
Nico sketch by Artemis Yates.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikuhighness