RPG Maker FES Resource Pack: Yay or Nay?

Buy the RPG Maker FES Resource Pack?

• Total voters

Motteley

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before I go on and purchase the RPG Maker FES Resource Pack on Steam, I wanted to know what the general opinion of it is within the community. Truth be told, I would rather use the character and enemy designs from it than some of the ones in the base RPG Maker MV game. I've read on Steam itself that it is overall okay to use, but there were a few noteworthy cons going against it. Should I go on ahead and get it?

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like everything in it except the tiles. Chars, Battlers, Battle Backgrounds, etc.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you like it? Would it fit with the game you want to make? If so then sure, go for it. I'm pretty much of the opinion that anything is better than the stock assets, mostly due to how overused they are. :LZSwink:

Motteley

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll go for it. I like the character images from FES more than MV since they're easier to work with for me the way my story is headed.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's worth it just to change the pace from the rtp. If you can afford it, I'd say do it. And if the FES one isn't clicking with you they recently remade the DS versions for MV. See if that's more your style.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Motteley

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I went on ahead and purchased the RPG Maker FES Resource Pack, now I just need to find where they are being kept.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
.../Stream/steamaps/common/RPG Maker Mv/dlc/(Whatever they called the FES directory)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though
I wonder if the new RPG Maker will have a built-in ABS for maps or a light effect system plugin out of the box.
Not having false expectations, but if it has both, then wow. I am gonna party all night. Nah I lie. I will party all night anyway, just searching for a good excuse. :stickytongue:
And BAM!, the moment you do understand Python setters by studying JS prototypes. That's called SERENDIPITY, coming with something when you was searching for something else. From "The three Princes of Serendib", a persian novel.
The sinking feeling when you realize your grandmother probably isn't long for this world, and the frustration when you know that this pandemic will take her away...not because she has Covid, but because no doctor is willing to see a patient to even run simple diagnostics anymore if one of her symptoms happens to be a recurring fever, even if her primary care physician gives her the test and it comes back negative.
Will be revealing my project to the forum soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafont