Selhan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi all!
Maybe stupid question: RPG maker is about to be launched for 3DS.
Do we know if it is planned that its (nice:)) ressources will be available for purchase?
Cheers

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No one can tell at the moment, but you should know that the DS-Tilepack was basically completely new resources only made to look like the DS-style of resources, because the file formats needed were not convertable.
So a lot will depend on the question if Degica has the artists for that (which means the artist can't work on other projects in that time, and most of the artists have their own works like Archeia's VNM or Celianna with the Ancient Dungeon series and so on.

ninjatone

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Actually, some of the FES character resources (probably a small fraction of those available on FES itself) are already available for download on the Japanese MV site, and they look quite good (and the character sprites in particular look completely redone for MV): http://tkool.jp/mv/special/index.html

Here's hoping there's more where that came from...would def. pay to have more in MV.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll expand on what Andar has said.

The tiles in RMDS/DS+ are 24x24 and they were basically formatted in a way that made map creation very different than we have in the PC versions. For instance, all buildings were templates you would place on a map as well as certain events. This was due to the amount of storage space and memory you had to work with on the DS. You were limited and Fes will be no different. It will have its limitations. The resource packs we got are reformatted to fit the 32x32 grid size, meaning they literally had to redraw all the tiles to fit VX/Ace and they had to make building autotiles since they didn't exist in the original games.

That being said, aside from battlers, some resources in Fes are, for the most part, the exact same as DS/DS+. Looking at screenshots, there are some notable differences, but I'm not sure we'll get Fes-exclusive resources for Ace/MV as the people that originally remade the DS/DS+ resources, as Andar said, are busy doing other projects. I'd be surprised if that ever were a thing since what I was told, they were a pain to convert and make and making them for MV would be even more of a pain. One could argue that if they are 24x24, simply 2x them for MV and you're good to go, however, they would still need to make autotiles and the such for the buildings and certain things and that would take time, which they are currently lacking.

While I like the way the new tiles in Fes look, I can make my own based on the original designs, without completely lifting them from the game, for use in Ace or MV through a plugin. Long story short, don't expect them to be a thing either right away or ever.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I missed this topic before, but the Resource Showcase section is for sharing resources you've created for others to use in their games. I think I'm going to move this to Product Discussion and Support, though another mod might feel it's best elsewhere and move it again.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baskbask