RPG Maker Festival 2023 Steam Event - Call for Application!

RPGMakerDev

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
RPG Maker Festival 2023 Steam Sale is Now Officially Happening!
Behold dear game developers! We are thrilled to announce that we, Gotcha Gotcha Games, the developer of the RPG Maker engine series, will soon be holding our RPG Maker Festival 2023 Steam Sale Event!

diIn5CzK_gptBO0aR1q75GvWxOYJhVLU8TK8DMUBo3Dzynj1e3vv51DBdQdNKOtANnXUywjDo4fG3GlALn_lQADyYQJK4NxZBSD1SapF-cuNNGsFucTMY-4apHIJARV8nxyengiFLD-iU_2UE5Axui6uXNTyWa6RiAL2WV5J3FiJk7NW1Z5P4lNwM4QWWpF5lp2gq7c

What is RPG Maker Festival?
RPG Maker Festival is our annual Sale event held on Steam! This is where we and all RPG Maker indie developers around the world join-hands together and show what the RPG Maker engine series and your great creation is made of and get recognized by game players and fans across the world! As long as your game is made by RPG Maker series or Pixel Game Maker MV and has a Steam Store page, you are eligible to participate!

So far, we have confirmed that more than 300 titles will be participating in this Steam Sale event, including the widely acclaimed titles like The Witch's House MV and LISA: The Painful!

Apply for Entry into the Festival NOW with Your Game! (Deadline - January 26, 2023, 06:59 AM Pacific Standard Time / Jan 26, 2023, 23:59 Japan Standard Time)
While we already have a lot of developers confirmed willing to participate, there must be developers or great titles that we are unaware of! But fret not, there is still time to apply! If you have released an RPG Maker made game on Steam (incl. Coming Soon titles), we would love to see you joining us! Apply to us now via the URLs found at the bottom of this article!

We Are Also Looking for Game Videos! (Deadline - January 26, 2023, 06:59 AM Pacific Standard Time / Jan 26, 2023, 23:59 Japan Standard Time)
Along with the above call for title application, we're also looking for contents to broadcast on our Steam Event Page during the Sale! If you have made videos or are considering making one that showcases your game, we are happy to have it broadcasted during the Sale on our Event Page! The video can be for released games or Coming Soon games!

Application Eligibility
Your game must be made by RPG Maker series and Pixel Game Maker game engines.
Your game must be released on Steam (Coming Soon games are also fine as long as there is a Steam Store Page registered and visible to the public)

■How to Apply
・Companies / Indie Developers in Japan (Japanese Form)

・Oversea Companies and Indie Developers (English Form)
Please fill out the form above and submit to us.

■ Application Deadline
Pacific Standard Time: until 06:59, Thursday, January 26, 2023

(Japan Standard Time: Until 23:59, Thursday, January 26, 2023)

Please note that for game video applications, we may have to do some screening if there are too many submissions.

■Related URLs and Twitter Account
Maker Series Official Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/tkool_dev/
RPG Maker Official: https://rpgmakerofficial.com/

Last edited:

Apple_Tart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are NSFW games allowed at all?

RPGMakerDev

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are NSFW games allowed at all?
Hi Apple_Tart,

Thank you, that's a good question!

Basically, it depends on how NSFW your game is;
  • If your game is labeled as "Adult Only Sexual Content" on Steam, we're afraid but it can't join for this time.
  • If your game is labeled as "Nudity" or "Sexual Content" but not labeled as "Adult Only Sexual Content" on Steam, it can join!
Does it make sense?

CrasheR

Makering since 2009
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On steam you can only participate in sales every 30 days. Will there be any specific date, so we know when we should not put our games on sale, so It won't collide with this festival?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sounds exciting! Currently I’m still midway through setting up my Steam page, but I hope I can have it ready by the deadline. I think I just need to add screenshots and a trailer (which has already been made.)

Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello rpgmakerdev,

that sounds interesting! do i need to put a price on my game? or can it be given for free? and is the game-length important?

RPGMakerDev

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On steam you can only participate in sales every 30 days. Will there be any specific date, so we know when we should not put our games on sale, so It won't collide with this festival?
Sorry but we can't tell you the exact date of the sale.
However, we can say "Do not put your games for sale now - otherwise they can't join the sale due to the cool down time of Steam sale!"

hello rpgmakerdev,

that sounds interesting! do i need to put a price on my game? or can it be given for free? and is the game-length important?
Hi llithianeae,

Thank you for your response!

Free games can join and the game-length doesn't matter.
Feel free to apply!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I applied! :LZSexcite: My Steam store page just opened to the public today. Depending on when the date of this event is, I may have a demo ready. I'm working on it right now.

Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I applied as well Thanks for doing these types of events!
I think it's a really good boost to all RPG Maker creators and also promotes the engine.

CrasheR

Makering since 2009
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry but we can't tell you the exact date of the sale.
However, we can say "Do not put your games for sale now - otherwise they can't join the sale due to the cool down time of Steam sale!"
Oh, I think I'll pass then. With spring sale coming in March, I don't want to risk losing opportunity to join one of steam biggest sales.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi sweethearts! :kaoluv: Check out my review of @EntangledPear's totally oldskool The Stuff Fairy Tales Are Made Of!
When you spend all day at work distracted by things you want to work on or try in your project and then by the time you get home, you are too mentally tired to concentrate so you just browse the forum instead and think of more things you won’t get to work on for a while.
Time to write some enemy behaviors, here's the stream link for those interested.

Call of duty 1&2 had an interesting cheat prevention method. Between levels the game unloads and reloads the engine dll. If you ever employ this method, make sure to include at least an md5 hash check. Otherwise I can just edit that dll and implant cheats into it.
Hi-Fi Rush is one of the coolest games I've seen in a while. I don't have a way to play it so I watched a friend and wow... I really wish I had a powerful enough computer for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolcode