Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone, we're still sorting through fixes for RPG Maker MV. Right now, investigating people's PC specs is taking us a while but we have it on high priority!
So, what do we do while waiting for the updates? Every Wednesday, we'll be updating everyone with free resources and possibly fixes until they're integrated to the engine!

Parallax Blur Fix
by DEGICA, Kentou

This fixes the blurring for parallax backgrounds if a non-power of 2 parallax image is used.

Parallax Tips
Did you know that adding a ! on the filename of your parallax makes it lock it to the map? Now you don't need a plugin to do that!

Fluid Timestep
by Galenmereth

This makes the game run at normal speed (animation, movement, and anything else) regardless of framerate. By default, MV run on a 144hz monitor would run at 144fps and everything would move at 2,4 times normal speed. Likewise, if someone ran the game and only managed 30fps, everything would move at half normal speed.

Still having troubles with FPS?
If you're using a 4k Television or Monitor try connecting it to the Display Port instead of HDMI. It should run at 60 FPS after that.

Resources Included!
A recreation of our beloved RTP heroes in MV style! Let us thank Caz, Archeia and Thernz for their hard work. Aluxes, Fess and Alexis reporting for duty~

Character Generator Parts
Right now, only Alexis's clothes are available. We'll be providing Aluxes and Fess's outfits really soon!

Nineteen (19) 32x32 Icons by Ocean's Dream!
We all want some more detailed pixel icons. So let's have some!

Single State Plugin by Yami
This plugin restricts battlers to be affected by only one state.

Download Over Here!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NOazlhiHNyALoH7Xt9--9CiPYkJqKull

A Closing Note!
Everything we provided is free for commercial for KADOKAWA released engines only!

How to Install Plugins?

Character Generator Documentation
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-character-generator-tutorial.64412/

Character Generator Echo Tutorial (slightly outdated)

Enjoy your week everyone~

Last edited:

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for all the hard work guys.  I like the freebies.

I noticed there was no Terms of Use for the MV patches.  I added a note for myself so I could credit properly because I won't remember is 6 years when I actually finish a game what thread I got this from.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugins have text in them on the description so I figured it wasn't necessary. :0

Last edited by a moderator:

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi everyone, we're still sorting through fixes for RPG Maker MV. Right now, investigating people's PC specs is taking us a while but we have it on high priority! 

So, what do we do while waiting for the updates? Every Wednesday, we'll be updating everyone with free resources and possibly fixes until they're integrated to the engine!
Will the free resources also get integrated in the engine?

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is great, thank you so much for doing this! <3

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, awesome, fixes came pretty fast! Do Kadokawa plan to fix those layer mistakes on the character generator regarding some parts?

Kenen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is great! It's so nice to use software that is so well-supported by both the community and the seller.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
wow the parallax tips... it's really helpful :D .

i guess no need bind picture to map plugin anymore...

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Really appreciate the updates at least to know what's being done and not kept in the dark. :)

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was a little worried that there wouldn't be any more official patches or updates but it seems I was wrong. Thank you!

[EDIT ; This seems to be a "do-it-yourself-patch" but after reading on Steam, I am under the impression that these are quck fixes and that we can expect our steam copy of the game to do a proper auto update at a future date? In that case I think I'll just wait since I'm not in a hurry.]

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This Fluid Timestep saved my life. I was having a hard time trying to record the video for my next plugin, since the FPS dropped a lot during battles while recording.

By the way, will this be added to main system or will be always an add on?

symmetry-evans

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Are we supposed to install the 2 patches just like regular plugins? In each game?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For now, yes.

[EDIT ; This seems to be a "do-it-yourself-patch" but after reading on Steam, I am under the impression that these are quck fixes and that we can expect our steam copy of the game to do a proper auto update at a future date? In that case I think I'll just wait since I'm not in a hurry.]
No they're not quick fixes. However they're not exactly implemented via source code. We still don't know if updates should go as 'plugins' or modifying the source code itself. I highly suggest installing these fixes.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

So, what do we do while waiting for the updates? Every Wednesday, we'll be updating everyone......

Parallax Tips

Did you know that adding a ! on the filename of your parallax makes it lock?
So many great things in one place! Happy Birthday to meeeeeee!

arcthemonkey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dank Memes
Are we supposed to install the 2 patches just like regular plugins? In each game?
I, for one, put the two plugins in my project folder, but I also put them in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\js\plugins folder, so they would be added to any additional projects I make in the future.

Wehtam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey!  Thanks for including me in here  :)

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
thanks

btw any new updates on the censored content from the base ressources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
December has arrived and with that, an ¡update for Aletoir Feast! a game made it for the One Map Challenge. I will use some of the remaining switches, variables, and events from the challenge limit to add more content but keep it within the requirements. ¡Have a nice day Everybody!
What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimsonAngel