Someone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@thenerdmansion
Loved the stream and thank youuuuuuu feedback! Thank you so much!
IMMEDIATELY fixed the input issues too ( :

90 -> 150
1.PNG

210 -> 350
2.PNG

70 -> 130
3.PNG

GREATLY appreciated!

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, haha, seems like there was a mixup. My game is The Tower, scheduled for next week. This game Eletrume was made by Rockenberg. Seems like Rockenberg found the video just fine on their own, so it all worked out in the end.

Looking forward to seeing my game next time though! And thanks again for doing this!

Also, looking at this stream, you keep the game on the title screen while you prep the stream. Because of that, I feel I should give you a headsup that my game doesn't have a title screen, it starts immediately when you open the game.

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Let's put this out here as well :D

I have a game with visual novel themes and humorous gameplay and "puzzle" elements. If you play games like this (has lots of dialogue), it'd be nice if you gave it a try!

woootbm

Super Sand Legend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@woootbm we are live with your game
Thanks, that was great! Super useful to get this kind of insight on a game.

Don't feel bad about dying. I had a suspicion it was too hard. My method is to start at the top and tune down for the lower difficulties. So you were playing on the HARDEST difficulty, basically. You're also on the frontlines where a lot of polish is missing, so that definitely makes it a lot harder. Like I want to get tooltips in to explain the states on enemies, as well as some visuals for the states as well. For example, the guy who went into cover would specifically say he can't be hit by melee, and a wall of some sort would be overlaid on top of him.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Feel free to look at Eternal Remnant sometime, I'm always a sucker for a cozy LP. Demo's in the sig.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll be looking at this sometime within the next few days. Thanks for giving it a shot.

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@coucassi Please fix your title screen. The moment I launch this game it breaks. I will be skipping this game until next week when this has been fixed.

@rpgLord69 we are live with your game
This game wasn't all that bad. Ultimately the mini games were slightly below hard difficulty but still fun.
Unfortunately, my internet went out and came back like seconds later but long enough to cut the stream. Good game.

Last edited:

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@coucassi Please fix your title screen. The moment I launch this game it breaks. I will be skipping this game until next week when this has been fixed.
Okay that's strange. I just dowloaded it again and I can't reproduce this, for me it works fine on different devices. Do you by any chance use an older windows version or any other system? That's the only thing I could suspect right now, without seeing what happens myself.

Any way I am very sorry about this!

thenerdmansion

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
It crashes every single time that I open it. It tells me that it is missing the an image. I am not in my computer right now so I can’t screenshot it but I can definitely send you a screenshot when I get home. This has happened to me before, sometimes on different devices you can’t have special characters in the name of your images or it won’t work. Make sure to name all your files with letters that do not have anything except the 26 letters of the alphabet. My computer is Windows and 10 it’s a gaming computer that I bought last month

Last edited:

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It crashes every single time that I open it. It tells me that it is missing the an image. I am not in my computer right now so I can’t screenshot it but I can definitely send you a screenshot when I get home. This has happened to me before, sometimes on different devices you can’t have special characters in the name of your images or it won’t work. Make sure to name all your files with letters that do not have anything except the 26 letters of the alphabet. My computer is Windows and 10 it’s a gaming computer that I bought last month
Ah my bad, I didn't got it is just an image not loading from your first post. Still, when I double-check everything is in it's place. The only thing I can recommend is to download again. Use the link from the itch.io page and download directly to the device you are playing on. Some methods of sending files insert special characters, which is the only way I can think of how the file names could get changed.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, just watched your stream of my game. I think you were very fair, but your viewers are kind of mean. It's not a broken mess, nor a terrible game. And you can't rate battles and mechanics in a VISUAL NOVEL. I have no idea why people were so inclined to throw shade, but whatever. Thanks for playing my game. (The RTP chests are placeholder, by the way)

EDIT: I might go on a bit of a rant here, I'm sorry if I do.

This was one of the first games I have ever made. I submitted my game to get criticism so I could improve as a developer. Telling me my game isn't worth 1 cent, that's it's terrible and a broken mess and the enjoyment rating should be 0 because it has bugs? Are you kidding me people? What the heck did I do to you to make you adamantly hate on a new developer? I was 14 when I started this game, and a lot of the old stuff is still in there. It has taken me 7 years to go through and build this thing from the ground up and people are out here saying terrible things about it. But I guess hate comments mean it's reaching more people?

About the narrative: I'm not really good at long stories. I got a short story traditionally published when I was 15, but that was about it. All of my longer stories have crashed and burned. I thought I did a good job on the narrative, but I can see how you'd be confused. I definitely wouldn't call it bad, though.

The graphics, this was my first time parallax mapping. Ever. I'm still trying to figure out everything with it. In the new build that's going to be released when I have time to fix everything, it's going to be remedied.

About the bugs: Unfortunately, that's what happens when I try and make everything so far outside the box. It's too ambitious of a project to take on myself, but I'm in love with this project, so I stick with it. I'm not sure why some bugs make it the worst thing ever, especially when I'm the only one who has playtested it because I can never find people to playtest my games.

Anyway, this was just my way of saying: Please stop hating on everything I make, people. There's a reason I'm in school for it.

Last edited:

thenerdmansion

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@coucassi This is the error I get. Sorry for waiting so long to reply! I have been a busy bee.
My next stream is in an hour and a half. If there is an update to the game then I will definitely make this game the next stream. Thank you for your time :).

I could try to work on a fix but it is recommended that all players who download the game will be able to play it with just a click of a button. My recommendations.

1- compress your game into a .zip file. with .zip files your players will not have to download .rar program to extract.

2- make sure all the files in your game have only the numbers or the 26 letters of the alphabet. The letter ū does not exist in any of the names of the files used by the game.
2022-06-22.png
2022-06-22 (2).png

Last edited:

thenerdmansion

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Mcniner not a bad game, It could use a little bit more content other than just attacking enemies and getting unto the next floor. A real ending other than just attack the boss then get sent to the title screen for winning the game could use improvement. Graphics, music and sound design were on point. I could see all the effort you put into the game. Nicely done.

Mcniner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mcniner not a bad game, It could use a little bit more content other than just attacking enemies and getting unto the next floor. A real ending other than just attack the boss then get sent to the title screen for winning the game could use improvement. Graphics, music and sound design were on point. I could see all the effort you put into the game. Nicely done.
Thanks!

I'm a bit laid up with 9 stitches and a cut on my leg, but this made my day today. I was on vacation so didn't see it for a few days. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl
Have you ever been in such a luck streak you felt fear something was wrong?
I'm going to be adding in combat animations, revamping the UI and putting in a new cutscene this week, so this is your last chance to play the MC:RIS demo in its original form! Say you were there since the beginning! https://qos.itch.io/infinite-sadness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beet