- Sep 15, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
The RPG Maker Jam is a jam where, in 72 hours (from Friday to Monday) you must create a game on RPG Maker, solo or in a team, and under a theme or a constraint revealed at the start!
Whether you just got RPG Maker or are more experienced, it's an opportunity to have the satisfaction of finishing a project, to challenge yourself, or to explore a type of game that you've never done. This jam is not a contest, but rather a gathering. In the end, it's not only the games that matter, but also the pleasure of creating together at the same time!
Please note that this is not an official RM event, we are simply users willing to gather together and have fun. I had permission from Moderators to advertise this.
- Use the version of RPG Maker of your choice.
- Work alone or in a team. Find a team.
- Create a game in 3 days.
- Use the core resources, find some on the web, or create your own. You're free!
- Feel free to make any type of game: an RPG, a puzzle game, a narrative game, etc.
- Don't be afraid to draw your own art even if you're a programmer. Players will appreciate your personal touch!
- The theme is there to spark creativity. Don't be intimidated, do whatever you want with it!
- If you have another questions, you can also ask us on Discord.
The theme will be unveiled when the jam starts!
Thinking about participating? You can click on "Join Jam" to be ready when it starts. This page is also useful to get the countdown for your timezone.
By the way it's okay if you're unsure you'll finish a game, joining doesn't commit you to anything! If you don't have an itch.io account, you'll need to sign up, it's quick and will allow you to upload your game at the end.
After the jam, for two weeks, everyone will play games and comment them, make videos... Then there will be rankings in several categories based on your votes. There is nothing to win, so it's only for the pleasure of giving recognition to games we like!
As two jams have already taken place, you can also play previous games! You'll find everything on our itch.io profile if you're curious. Lots of games are in french because I'm the admin of a french-speaking community. But this time we already expect more English-speaking participants than ever, and it's pretty exciting!
Thanks for reading, I hope to see you there!