Aurélien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
x64Np7v.png

The RPG Maker Jam is a jam where, in 72 hours (from Friday to Monday) you must create a game on RPG Maker, solo or in a team, and under a theme or a constraint revealed at the start!

Whether you just got RPG Maker or are more experienced, it's an opportunity to have the satisfaction of finishing a project, to challenge yourself, or to explore a type of game that you've never done. This jam is not a contest, but rather a gathering. In the end, it's not only the games that matter, but also the pleasure of creating together at the same time!

Please note that this is not an official RM event, we are simply users willing to gather together and have fun. I had permission from Moderators to advertise this.

Rules
  • Use the version of RPG Maker of your choice.
  • Work alone or in a team. Find a team.
  • Create a game in 3 days.
  • Use the core resources, find some on the web, or create your own. You're free!
Tips
  • Feel free to make any type of game: an RPG, a puzzle game, a narrative game, etc.
  • Don't be afraid to draw your own art even if you're a programmer. Players will appreciate your personal touch!
  • The theme is there to spark creativity. Don't be intimidated, do whatever you want with it!
  • If you have another questions, you can also ask us on Discord. :)
Theme

The theme will be unveiled when the jam starts!

Thinking about participating? You can click on "Join Jam" to be ready when it starts. This page is also useful to get the countdown for your timezone.

By the way it's okay if you're unsure you'll finish a game, joining doesn't commit you to anything! If you don't have an itch.io account, you'll need to sign up, it's quick and will allow you to upload your game at the end.

After the jam, for two weeks, everyone will play games and comment them, make videos... Then there will be rankings in several categories based on your votes. There is nothing to win, so it's only for the pleasure of giving recognition to games we like!

As two jams have already taken place, you can also play previous games! You'll find everything on our itch.io profile if you're curious. Lots of games are in french because I'm the admin of a french-speaking community. :kaoluv: But this time we already expect more English-speaking participants than ever, and it's pretty exciting!

Thanks for reading, I hope to see you there! :kaohi:

Aurélien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a gift for you! All registered participants (ie having clicked on Join Jam) will receive an asset pack for free by email: the Time Fantasy Monsters Pack.

It contains bosses, monsters, horses, characters and their animations, for a total of more than 100 sprites!

This gift is offered by its creator, Jason Perry. Visit his itch.io page to find all his packs. Some tilesets are free, and combined with your new Monster Pack, they will give you a solid base to make a game in a refreshing visual style!

If you were wondering, don't worry: joining the jam doesn't commit you to anything. :kaoluv:

onipunk

Archmage of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I had a lot of fun taking part in the jam, even if it was stressful as hell at times, but after submitting my game I almost felt out of the loop because so many games were in French. I'm not trying to be an imperialist or anything here but if I had one suggestion for future jams it would be to enforce an English-only rule like this forum does. French-speakers' English is by and large better than native English speakers' French and having a large disparity in languages like that unnecessarily divides the community when it's an event that should be bringing people together to have fun making games.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took our dogs on a walk and someone asked if our smallest one was a gueanie pig ((however it's spelt))
I decided to create reboots of my games on RPG Maker MV. I'm happy. :biggrin:
So, as i finish setting up my items for part 1 of my game, I realized I forgot to finalize an ENTIRE category of items. Know which ones? The Fallen Feathers....BTW my game is called "Fallen Feather"
and_remember_tomorrow_exploding_puzzle_logo.jpg

Made some new friends, and blew up a puzzle... Happens. :LZSwink:
A new RPG Maker music pack is coming out soon! Below is a demo of one of the compositions in the pack, Heroic Battle. More details coming soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawbies