RPG Maker Music for Visual Novel Maker

Discussion in 'Visual Novel Maker Support' started by mardin, Dec 23, 2016.

1. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    One thing that is key for me in visual novels is good quality sound and music. I was wondering, since on every music pack is a big "USE IT ONLY FOR RPG/IG MAKER GAMES!", if we are able to use the purchased music packs for visual novel maker?

2. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Of course I can´t answer this 100% correctly, but I would wager that you can. VN maker is from the same company and the rights should be the same. The music pack rights will probably be updated to include the VN maker as well! But we have to aee what they say...

IRHP and kaukusaki like this.
  3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Canini that is not automatic, it depends on the exact licencing conditions contracted to the various artists.

@mardin it is likely that they will give a similar licence compared to the RPG-Makers, but that is not guaranteed - you'll have to wait for an official answer to that.

And since they pushed the release date back I doubt that anyone is in a hurry to answer that question...

IRHP and Canini like this.
  4. mara_vertin

mara_vertin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The using of RPG Maker Resources like music and graphics would be cool that's for sure. But probably that‘s also up to the artist and you really couldn't blame them when they refuse to give their permission for that. Well, let's wait and see (and hope). :)

IRHP likes this.
  5. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Some music packs allow for other engines and some are RPG Maker exclusive. RPG Maker music is RPG Maker since they are owned by KADOKAWA. So I'm afraid the answer is, it depends.

IRHP, Bonkers and Engr. Adiktuzmiko like this.
  6. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Stay on the safe side: you cannot use RPG Maker's RTP music in VNM.

You can use the store bought music if you have a non-RM license for it. But you should check the license that came with it.

Bonkers and Engr. Adiktuzmiko like this.
  7. mardin

First Language:
    German

I never wanted to use the RTP music, I was only talking about the music you can purchase here in the shop. :)

I followed your advice and looked into the licences. Gotta admit, it does not look good for the ones like me who want to use the music for VN maker. In one of my purchased music packs I found: "The music included in the Product (the "Resource Pack") may be used with any of ENTERBRAIN's game development software (include all related titles of "RPG MAKER Series" or "our products") that retains the Company's rights."

So, is this an Enterbrain related game development software or not?

8. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ah, that's more definitive.  No, it's not being developed by Enterbrain.  Don't be afraid to ask about the specific music pack though, I think I remember one of them was supposed to have a more expansive licence than it did and there was some troubles getting it updated in the files and I don't remember if it got resolved.  I also don't remember what one it was.

9. mardin

First Language:
    German
    It's Joel Steudler's Modern Music Mega Pack.