mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
One thing that is key for me in visual novels is good quality sound and music. I was wondering, since on every music pack is a big "USE IT ONLY FOR RPG/IG MAKER GAMES!", if we are able to use the purchased music packs for visual novel maker?

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Of course I can´t answer this 100% correctly, but I would wager that you can. VN maker is from the same company and the rights should be the same. The music pack rights will probably be updated to include the VN maker as well! But we have to aee what they say...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Canini that is not automatic, it depends on the exact licencing conditions contracted to the various artists.

@mardin it is likely that they will give a similar licence compared to the RPG-Makers, but that is not guaranteed - you'll have to wait for an official answer to that.

And since they pushed the release date back I doubt that anyone is in a hurry to answer that question...

mara_vertin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The using of RPG Maker Resources like music and graphics would be cool that's for sure. But probably that‘s also up to the artist and you really couldn't blame them when they refuse to give their permission for that. Well, let's wait and see (and hope). :)

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Stay on the safe side: you cannot use RPG Maker's RTP music in VNM.

You can use the store bought music if you have a non-RM license for it. But you should check the license that came with it.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Stay on the safe side: you cannot use RPG Maker's RTP music in VNM.

You can use the store bought music if you have a non-RM license for it. But you should check the license that came with it.

I never wanted to use the RTP music, I was only talking about the music you can purchase here in the shop. :)

I followed your advice and looked into the licences. Gotta admit, it does not look good for the ones like me who want to use the music for VN maker. In one of my purchased music packs I found: "The music included in the Product (the "Resource Pack") may be used with any of ENTERBRAIN's game development software (include all related titles of "RPG MAKER Series" or "our products") that retains the Company's rights."

So, is this an Enterbrain related game development software or not?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, that's more definitive.  No, it's not being developed by Enterbrain.  Don't be afraid to ask about the specific music pack though, I think I remember one of them was supposed to have a more expansive licence than it did and there was some troubles getting it updated in the files and I don't remember if it got resolved.  I also don't remember what one it was.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It's Joel Steudler's Modern Music Mega Pack.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries
Happy Saint Nicholas Day! May there nice stuff in your shoes when you wake up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jundoe