Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hey everyone, the latest version of RPG Maker MV is here!

We would like to remind everyone to make sure to do the following steps before updating to ensure that when the update happens so your changes won’t be overwritten:

- Make a backup of your project.
- Make a backup of your Generator folder if you edited it.

- Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root folder. Copy the new js files (except plugins.js so it won't overwrite your Plugin Manager Parameters) to your current project!

[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)]We are not at liberty to discuss things like this for obvious reasons (NDA), specifically release dates so [/COLOR]please stop asking us when 1.3.0 and other updates will be released[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)], the only answer we can give is when it is ready, and quite frankly we are getting tired of saying it.[/COLOR]

Download Links:

----------------------------------------

Full Installer (Download this if you want to get the entire MV Package)

Update Installer (Download this if you don't want to download the entire MV Package)

Fixed:

- Fixed Editor Tooltips appearing on the wrong monitor when using a multiple monitor setup.
- Fixed a bug with animations that caused it to hide the target wrong.
- Fixed a bug with memory leaks in the tiling sprite.
- Fixed an issue with copying and pasting on IME keyboards.
- Picture Rotation Event Command is now be able to rotate pictures counterclockwise using negative values.
- Fixed a bug in resource manager that made it so files would not be overwritten if you imported a file with the same name.

- Fixed a faceset image in People3.png
- Fixed loop information in default music .m4a (03_Battle_Against_the_Demon, 03_Fountain_of_Solace, 03_Otherworldly_Corridor, 03_Party_at_the_Royal_Palace, Field2, Town3)

New Features:

- Implemented editor DPI Scaling on Windows.

- Implemented Refresh Button for Plugin Manager.
- Implemented Map zooming with CTRL + Mouse Scroll Wheel
- Implemented Resource Manager DLC Button (Steam Only)

- Implemented Batch Selection in resource manager including Batch file deletion and batch file importing.

- Added two new features in Tools -> Options. Details below:

Map Grid Options. This is a feature from VXAce where it gives you a rough guideline on what the In-Game Camera shows.

UI Themes (Dark, High Contrast Black and High Contrast White theme)

Changed:

- The top left tile in the "B" tileset is changed to always be a "Star" passability. This is to ensure collisions work right.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
I downloaded the Update Installer, installed the Update and now the project doesn't open up anymore D:

2DGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Very nice, I like it a lot. Thank you and the developers for all the hard work you guys are putting in to the MV engine. 

RayKamiya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love this update, but umm if I can suggest something for the next update...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME BE ABLE TO MULTI COPY PASTE MY ITEMS, SKILLS, EQUIPMENT IN THE DATABASE XD

I don't like having to move all my skills and items one at a time or nuking my database and starting over when I reorganize my Database when I add in a new plugin or delete characters XD

OH and can we bring in a new skill damage formula like we had in VX and VX Ace where we could put in the Base Damage and the modifiers and the program auto created the formula so you can tweek it if you needed to.

I have a bad memory and I can't remember the formula equations reliably after a rough week of work X_X

I would like to see these implemented in the next update please and thank you ^^

oToToToToTo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
#RPGMVDarkThemeRules  :rock-right:

Update seems to have gone over smoothly, plugins and all, awesome!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@RayKamiya: You can copy more than one at a time, the same way you copy or delete more than one item into the resource manager (hold down Shift, and use the arrow keys to highlight, then select copy).

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The dark theme is a really cool idea!

unity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is amazing, and I love how the dark theme looks, too! :DDDDD

Is this the one that upgrades to Pixi4, or is that in a future update?

EDIT: Ooops, my bad, it says elsewhere that 1.3.0. will be the Pixi update ^^;;

Thanks again for all of your hard work! ^_____^

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was the first site I went to this morning when I woke up, as I've been anxiously waiting for update 1.2.0 since it was announced. I can't wait to play with it! Now the wait for 1.3.0 begins!  :D

On a related note, I am seriously pleased with Kadokawa's post-launch support of MV. I don't think I've ever used an RPG Maker that was being continuously developed before. What a time to be alive.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yay! It's actually here! YAY!! Now I can have my MV look like Batman's MV with a dark theme and do a map thing I don't understand but will play with and refresh all my plugins quickly! YAY!!

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All I needed was dark mode. My mole eyes can't handle the clean and brightness of the default white.

Crazetex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dark mode looks great, and the editor no longer lags for me. Nice to see the resource manager too. Great job Nessy & co ~

Aeiou

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So uh.. I updated RPG maker MV and now for some reason none of my characters can use the 'attack' command .-. (Fortunately I did back up my folder but I would like to understand what I did wrong somewhere.)

Crazetex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So uh.. I updated RPG maker MV and now for some reason none of my characters can use the 'attack' command .-. (Fortunately I did back up my folder but I would like to understand what I did wrong somewhere.)

Did you delete skill #1?

Aeiou

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nope was the first thing I checked... Then I looked to make sure it had no requirements or anything.

Everything else appears to be working fine, just attack is greyed out... The only thing I didn't copy from my new project was my plugin.js file.]

WOW NEVERMIND I'M SORRY I must have scrolled my mouse wheel on the 'occasion' setting or something pleasejustshootme

The Dark UI setting gives me life tho :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candutekno