Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I followed both methods of instructions but I get an error "Cannot read property 'WEBGL' of undefined" when I try to run the game. It doesn't allow me to open the console either. The new project opens just fine, so I assume there's a problem with my project or I transfered the files over wrong somehow.

What can I do to find the problem and fix it?

Mur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RU
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Thank you for the awesome update, but somebody already has tried to create an encrypted project?

I create new simple project & tried to run an encrypted result, but received an error message at the initial stage of loading:

2.png

If I try to uncheck checkbox to encrypt images, i got the same error, but when it try to load the audio resources:

3.png

I have tried a variety of options, from simple passwords like 123 to a sufficiently complex, the result is the same.

Unencrypted project is runs without any problems.

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think I'll avoid updating for now, since I can see some of you are having random issues , I only just bought this last week and I'm really not in the mood to update and then possibly muck up my project and make the RPG Maker thinking it's the demo version again lol.

I have the worst luck when it comes to things like that.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hello! Thank you for the awesome update, but somebody already has tried to create an encrypted project?

I create new simple project & tried to run an encrypted result, but received an error message at the initial stage of loading:

If I try to uncheck checkbox to encrypt images, i got the same error, but when it try to load the audio resources

I have tried a variety of options, from simple passwords like 123 to a sufficiently complex, the result is the same.

Unencrypted project is runs without any problems.

The problem here is Steam-only.

But to fix this:

Open rpg_core.js of your project with Sublime Text 3 and find the line that says: Decrypter.REMAIN (8456), change the value to "0000000020" then save the file and close it. Open your project and encrypt it.

Hello, I followed both methods of instructions but I get an error "Cannot read property 'WEBGL' of undefined" when I try to run the game. It doesn't allow me to open the console either. The new project opens just fine, so I assume there's a problem with my project or I transfered the files over wrong somehow.

What can I do to find the problem and fix it?

Don't forget to replace the index.html in your old project.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric206

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Encryption doesn't work for me. I tried encrypting, all it did was corrupt all my game files and didn't even let me open them. The game didn't open because they were all broken. Please help. 

Edit: Found the fix. Sorry. 

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

There are a few rtp changes but I'm not sure about generator. I just told people to back it up just in case.

Gotcha, thanks.

Any details on what RTP changes were made?

Rozel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I replaced index.html and still get the issue.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great update! Indeed, having regular updates is something we all wished for, and it's really great to see this keeps happening. Thank you all!  :D

However, the encryption problems are really sad to see, specially since it's one of the features I've been waiting for way too long. By using the encryption option, once I try to run the game outside of the Engine, it just loads forever, without any errors or anything. First I was getting that "Header" issue, but messing with rpgcore fixed it as mentioned above. Now I get this eternal loading screen. Without encrypting the project, my game seems to bug because of a script, it activates a function that does NOT happen at all, which is supposed to happen once I change from the game's window.

All of this will hopefully be fixed soon enough, so I'm not concerned, just wanted to point out what happened to me.

As for the generator, I stopped using the engine's generator since the first update, but I tried it after updating and I'm glad to say that the few custom files I had at the Generator were not lost, broken or anything by the new update, so no problem here. I didn't notice any of the new update's animation features, though. They didn't seem faster to me, but didn't seem slower or broken at all, so no worries there. Oh, and the Object Selector's new options are simply wonderful! 

So, overall, aside from the encryption bugs, this was a great update, keep it up!  :thumbsup-left: :rhappy:

RilinDev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can someone explain to me what the Additional Fantasy Sample database does?

Strashiner

Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

its alright

at least the pixi got updated.

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I

Is this "notice" something I have to worry about? I get it right when I start the game.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Archeia is Steamworks now integrated in the game engine or do we still need that plugin for Steamworks? For example, achievements and stuff.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulation guys! This is great. :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What does "Fantasy sample database" mean? What's it look like?

Also, uh... just tried to playtest and I got this:

Rozel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks like the update breaks tons of plugins or something.

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
NO 1.3 full version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paitshens