Not open for further replies.

Anisoft

Great Desu King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I've got 1.3.2 (downloading 1.3.3 now to see if it makes a difference) and when I hit F5 while playing, I get a message about refreshing while there are controllers plugged in will cause the connection to be lost.  I don't have any controllers plugged in - I have never used controllers with this laptop, and I never received that message until today, although I have had 1.3.2 since it came out and I'm sure I've used F5 to refresh between then and now without any issues.

Any idea what's going on?  

Ya I've noticed this too... its rather very annoying... whether a controller is plugged in or not. What's ever weirder is that I don't understand the point of the message in the first place. I've always had a controller plugged in and refreshed my games a bunch never restarted it, and have never experienced any issues... so why even leave a message like that in the first place. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to figure out why it's only just starting to show up now, when I've had 1.3.2 for days, and don't have 1.3.3 yet.  But my computer (or rather MV) is doing some REALLY weird stuff atm, so I'm doing a complete reboot and grabbing 1.3.3 - if it ever decides to download - and starting fresh.  Things like acting like I've got a plugin activated when I don't, or running an older version of a plugin when I've just made changes and saved it.  I think there's some weird cache thing going on, that's been happening since the very first MV, but I want to try it on the latest version before I report it as a potential issue.

SimProse

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It appears i'll be waiting and staying with 1.3.1 (which runs well) for now until things seem more stable. I've seen too many oddities with the current 1.3.2 and 1.3.3 patches.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz: What you described might be why I had to create a new project and then copy the files over to the new project. It might be caching the old version somewhere internally and that part is not getting updated when we update our project.

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mileage may vary, but if you're on Windows and you believe you're running into cache issues (which may very well be the case, I still not sure what all is stored there by MV), you can press the windowsKey + R and type in "%appdata%", go up one folder, open "local", open "KADOKAWA" and find all stored data there.

I've deleted this entire folder in the past without any repercussions (unless you have plug-ins that use the LocalStorage folder, but even then it was minimal). But again, mileage may vary, so you may just want to rename the RMMV folder for safety, rather than deleting it.

gmestanley

An Ordinary Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hope that you can change the language on this update, because all the methods I tried weren't working while on 1.3.1.

MV's Brazillian Translation still stinks. Ew.

EDIT: Found out that it was my system's locale that wasn't set up in the right way.

But still, you guys should fix the BR translation, my eyes hurt so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems the update doesn't work, it didn't change anything on my RPG maker.

I got the "download update only" option for 1.3.3

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A

It doesn't change anything in the editor, only projects once you replace all files in the JS folder (except plugins.js which is where plugin parameters are saved.) from the NewData folder located in the folder where RPG Maker MV is installed.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't change anything in the editor, only projects once you replace all files in the JS folder (except plugins.js which is where plugin parameters are saved.) from the NewData folder located in the folder where RPG Maker MV is installed.

What exactly does that even do? I was told that it would fix the scrolling text error.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
What exactly does that even do? I was told that it would fix the scrolling text error.

I am not even sure to be honest. I think it has something to do with fixing JSON files not saving or loading.

Please wait for an admin or mod to clarify.

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am not even sure to be honest. I think it has something to do with fixing JSON files not saving or loading.

Please wait for an admin or mod to clarify.

Really? misleading update notes 101.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Lyseth: Updating the .js files is required to update any project in progress to the new version. Updating via the file downloaded only updates the editor, nothing more. This step is required because each project saves their own .js files.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really? misleading update notes 101.

No - you just didn't follow the update instructions properly.  Save away the plugins.js file from your project.  Then go to where MV 1.3.3 is installed, find the newdata folder, and copy the entire js folder from there into your project, replacing the existing files.  Then put your previously-saved plugins.js file back where it belongs.  NOW your project will also be updated to 1.3.3 - at this point you might get plugin errors, if you have plugins for earlier engines that need to be updated.  You need to deal with those on a case-by-case basis, seeing if there is a newer version of the plugin available.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
No - you just didn't follow the update instructions properly.  Save away the plugins.js file from your project.  Then go to where MV 1.3.3 is installed, find the newdata folder, and copy the entire js folder from there into your project, replacing the existing files.  Then put your previously-saved plugins.js file back where it belongs.  NOW your project will also be updated to 1.3.3 - at this point you might get plugin errors, if you have plugins for earlier engines that need to be updated.  You need to deal with those on a case-by-case basis, seeing if there is a newer version of the plugin available.

Which can be a pain in the ass if you have hundreds of plugins installed. I have 200+ personally.

That being said, what @Shaz (and I) said is right, you need to copy the entire JS directory (save for plugins.js) from the NewData folder where you MV installed and copy it to one in your project folder. It's that simple.

Anyway, if you'll excuse me I have a game to play, Skyrim Special Edition is about to unlock! 

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

If you have an old project that needs updating, do the following:

• Make a backup of your project.
  • Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root (where MV is installed) folder. 
  • Copy the new js files (RPG*.js and Libs Folder) and replace the one in your old project. DO NOT COPY plugins.js or it will replace your plugin settings.
  • Copy index.html files to your current project.
  • It should now be updated!

What in the world about this is misleading?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How exactly did nothing happen? Did you do any installation or what???

I went to where the downloaded content was, it then requested RPGM MV be closed (did it), so it then opened the install wizard, and the it said it was updating files, once it said it finished I reopened my project to see the changes, nothing changed.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I went to where the downloaded content was, it then requested RPGM MV be closed (did it), so it then opened the install wizard, and the it said it was updating files, once it said it finished I reopened my project to see the changes, nothing changed.

Then it installed. Check your About RPG Maker and see if this is how it appears

rwZ3gae.jpg

And just do what I quoted there. What exactly were you expecting?

Lyseth

Potato Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then it installed. Check your About RPG Maker and see if this is how it appears

And just do what I quoted there. What exactly were you expecting?

Well I thought it'd have it show up on my project immediately, please tell me I don't have to remake my ENTIRE project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey there everyone! My laptop broke unexpectedly recently and I lost some files I hadn't backed up . . .
Pro tip to anyone looking for advice based on existing game mechanics: a lot of people reading your request won't have played the games you're talking about. Always assume your readers won't have, and explain what the mechanic actually *does* rather than just name-dropping the game. I see this a lot.
 …So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumo