BattleVoice js?! I wanna check it!

Erynden

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Experiencing the exact same problem as Ioelas whereas my character generator can no longer save or load the .json files after this update.

haydengames3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm also having issues loading and saving JSON files, did a strange loading thing happen to anyone else when they were selection a graphic, going off the graphics into the grey area?

Edit: So to follow the new rules, after trying to make a character I went to the glasses tab and it somehow went off screen to a greyed out box, after that the computer was stuck on loading so I saved the character and restarted MV, but when I restarted it I noticed the JSON wasn't there. So I made the character again and tried saving, same result, no JSON file, so then I tried loading a characer I made before but that had no effect on the generator and nothing loaded, insteed just being the the current edited character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volimance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yep, the character generator will neither load nor save the .json files. No error message, no crash, it just don't werk.

(updated from steam and followed the instructions to update my project to the best of my ability)

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Ummm, after updating to 1.3.2 I am getting this error massage:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined
Here is a screenshot:

eIoMuop.png

[\spoiler]

Is this because of the update? 

The copy of my files that I made before updating forks fine

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you read the message log, the issue is with the plugins you are using. Seems to be Hudell's scripts.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
No, those massages also were there before and they also dont really are error massages but rather n´kinda notifications. 

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm going to hold off on this until there is a fix for the generator or 1.3.3 (I make regular NPCs as I go and that error will grind my game to a halt), also I do want someone to put a list of compatible controllers.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You guys will need to use image editors for a wile.

haydengames3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You guys will need to use image editors for a wile.

Well it's not that the generator isn't working, it just won't save JSON files, but the PNG files still save fine, for me atleast.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But if you wanna modify it you will need to remake it from scrach.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What you can do is get the JS files from 1.3.2 and downgrade to 1.3.1 for now. As long as the js and lib files are updated, your game shouldn't be having bugs.

haydengames3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What you can do is get the JS files from 1.3.2 and downgrade to 1.3.1 for now. As long as the js and lib files are updated, your game shouldn't be having bugs.

That doesn't seem to matter, I've checked with my older projects aswell that use the older js and lib files and they can't load or save JSON files either.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That doesn't seem to matter, I've checked with my older projects aswell that use the older js and lib files and they can't load or save JSON files either.

You misunderstand my point. The Character Generator is Editor Related. The JS files are related to RMMV Game's inner workings. They are separate. If you downgrade the software but have the latest JS files, your game is 1.3.2 but the editor is 1.3.1 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that should be one of the cases where the people who purchased on this website and therefore have both standalone and steam version are at an advantage - install both,  the standalone at 1.3.2 and downgrade the steam version to 1.3.1 and use one of them for the generator and the other for game development

haydengames3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
that should be one of the cases where the people who purchased on this website and therefore have both standalone and steam version are at an advantage - install both,  the standalone at 1.3.2 and downgrade the steam version to 1.3.1 and use one of them for the generator and the other for game development

How would someone who only has the steam version go about this, also what files would need replacing in the steampps folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

halloween_test_img.png
Memory of a Halloween party.

SCRAP IT OR KEEP IT?
Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?
I figured I should start off with a game this (I think at least)would be easier to program. Demonstrating Card drawing for Black Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottascott