RPG Maker MV 1.3.3 Update

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Software Updates' started by Archeia, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Game size is rapidly becoming a non issue. My same maps (naturally reduced in size by 50% for a 32x32 grid) don't even cause a hiccup in ace. Ace just plows on through like the beast it is. I like it (parallax mapping) because tiles feel stifeling to me from a creative perspective. With the help of a combination of graphics packs from the store, i've made some maps i'm really proud of. That said I'm recognising that MV isn't the best option for that type of mapping per Arch. :) That and experience. I don't know how to use tiled, or the famed plugin for MV, but I'm considering learning soon. I can always save my maps for a future ace project. I really can't stand the default tiles, but that is a matter of personal pref. If i could get some tiles in the system that i like better that could probably save me a bunch of time and make my game run smoother. No, it wont be the 3d interriors i pain stakenly produced from .obj files, but it could at least satisfy me and keep me working. :) I will take a closer look at tiled and the tiled plugin. It hurts a little, but I understand.

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @JLowther: You may wish to look at the specs for the IPad in more detail, it will show you exactly why it is running 2x slower on it. If you look at the video card, it says it is a 30 FPS video card. That means MV can only run at 30 FPS max, but on a PC it can run at 60 FPS. This translates to all wait commands running 2x as long (as wait is based on the frames the game runs at), as well as other issues.

so, yes, it is being throttled...by the video card in the ipad. There's nothing MV can do about that.

Ashouse and JLowther like this.
  3. JLowther

JLowther Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

I was thinking about that exact issue and was trying to use Yanfly's FPS desynch plugin, but for some reason the iPad stops recognizing any inputs on the game when I use it. :\

But I'm pretty sure the iPad 2 and 3 can do over 30 because I've seen people discussing it in a number of forums like this one: http://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/60-fps-on-android-only-40-on-ipad-3-17-on-iphone-4

If I could get the game to decouple from the 60 FPS framerate, it could probably run well enough to use it still...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

You might want to ask with nwjs devs.

JLowther likes this.
  5. JLowther

JLowther Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

What should I ask them, specifically? Might there be a more optimized version of nwjs that I could be using instead?

And thanks for the help, everyone. I LOVE RPG Maker and the thought of having to switch to a different game creator literally makes me feel ill. I've spent so much time learning the scripting system and I have so many plans that revolve around using RMMV...

6. maxinm

maxinm Undermax Games Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin Name: YEP.1 – Core Engine

Bug Explanation: 

With the last update of RPG MAKER MV, (1.3.2) The Core engine of Yanfly have a great bug with scale resolution images and animated enemies system.

Please, take a Look:

(SORRY FOR THE SPANISH PROJECT, BECAUSE I'M A SPANISH USER)

Error Report: None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug:

Just use the last Update with the Core Engine and a scale resolution (For example, 1920x1080, 1366x768, etc)

Marquise* likes this.
  7. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

Please post in Yanfly's thread next time. And make sure that you got the latest version of his script that was updated today.

Marquise* likes this.
  8. maxinm

maxinm Undermax Games Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Yeah, i Know, and sorry for that. But maybe Yanfly can read it here.

I've tried the last version of Core Engine (1.19 updated today) and it doesnt work for me.

Someone Know how to fix it?

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @maxinm please ask that in yanfly's topics, as you have been told before. This is not the topic to ask for plugin compatibility fixes.

maxinm likes this.
  10. Dad3353

Dad3353 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I downloaded and applied the 1.3.2 update this evening, and it's worked just fine. I updated several of my (modest...) Projects, and dispensed with the O_ggy Memory Leak Patch which had been holding the fort until this update. This, and the scrolling text issue, were the only issues I had with 1.3.1, and are now fixed. Thanks to all the team for the prompt response to these problems. What's the expression again..? Oh, yes: One Happy Bunny.

Well done, and thanks.

Wookiee420 likes this.
  11. Strashiner

Strashiner Ambitious Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    dudes.

for some reason

the link isn't working.

ill just wait maybe.

12. skatefilter

skatefilter Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    sweet the controller is support I have xbox 360 controller

13. Indsh

Indsh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Same problem here MAC

14. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice, nice - released just as I'm converting my game from Ace.  I'm glad my exams next week are forcing me to hold off on doing much.

Think I'll grab this now and check some of my plugins.  If the update is just to fix the character generator loading/saving issue, I don't need it.

@Archeia you mentioned there are workarounds for the lag issue and it's to do with resources - do you (or anybody) happen to have a link to the thread?  I don't recall seeing it.

Marquise* likes this.
  15. gmestanley

gmestanley An Ordinary Wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Yay, new update for MV was released!...and now a bunch of errors came too.

It seems that the generator doesn't save or load JSON files anymore, really Archeia? I think I'm gonna stick with 1.3.1.

But, still, I'll download MV 1.3.2 and test it on a VM just to see with my eyes what has changed.

(Also, does MV run on Windows Vista?)

16. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you mustn't have read the first 3 pages of this thread where every one else already said there's an issue with loading/saving JSON files and where Archeia said there should be a fix within 24 hours.

17. Lyseth

Lyseth Potato Mage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Question! does this fix the scrolling text issue? because whenever I use the scrolling text in events, nothing ever happens even when I follow tutorials, I'd like to be able to have access to this feature soon if possible. :)

EDIT BELOW:

@Shaz does that mean we'd have to re-download the update? or what?

18. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The list of what is fixed is in the very first post.  The scrolling text issue is one of them.

If you download the update now, you will get the version with the buggy character generator (cannot load/save json files) - if that doesn't matter to you, it's not a problem.  But if you use the character generator and want to save the settings so you don't have to start from scratch each time, then you should wait until the fix for that comes out.  Archeia said it would only be 24 hours, and that was quite a few hours ago.

19. Lyseth

Lyseth Potato Mage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Ah okay, guess I missed the scrolling text part, and I'll just wait for the fixed version.

20. KaYsEr

KaYsEr Koruldia Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the updated JS file @Hackerham, and when you say "fixes one of leaks" does it mean other memory leaks are still there?

Anyway great job everybody, it feels good to see regular updates, makes me confident that the best is yet to come.

:)

(oh, I've seen that one-liner you added at line 663 >> renderTexture.destroy({ destroyBase: true }); But we can still see the comment from @o_ggy //TODO: Ivan: what if stage is not present? Just to let you know if you want to clean, or if something is missing.)

I understand your point, still I think it's not an issue if you are careful about what you are doing (and of course if memory leak is no longer a thing, and from what I can see with the new update so far, it looks promising!!), we should also keep in mind that many famous RM games from the past are done with parallaxes, like To The Moon or the huge amount of horror games that Youtubers are always happy to "letsplay", which gives more visibility to RM and contributed a lot to the success of previous versions.

Parallax mapping is a long tradition with the RPG MAKER series, something deeply linked to its legacy.

This is why parallax-mapping needs to work properly in order for MV to be as successful.

At last, it seems to be OK from what I see. Still need to make serious stress-test on weaker devices to be sure. And of course we should always pay attention about map-size/optimization etc, this is common sense, especially now with MV when resources tend to be 150% bigger than in ACE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.