RPG Maker MV 1.3.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really doubt that - are you looking in the correct place? Projects don't get updated, you always need to copy those files manually before they're available in a project.
I made a brand new game to check and see if the update went through. I thought the new plugins would be in the plugin folder. I guess they're somewhere else then  :)

Didn't plan on using them, anyway. Just wanted to check them out.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys, but our princess is in another castle but now there are a few bugs that needs to be fixed. I reported one of them in this post:

Even after updating to the 1.3.3 version, the bug is still there. Also, I heard that some people using the Steam version no longer can open the program for unknown reasons (I have the Steam version but I don't have that problem). Others say that it's a false positive from the antivirus.

Aaaand... what about the music delay fix? Is there any new information about that?  :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Ioelas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for 1.3.3! :)  

json files and the Generator love eachother again, as I do them.

gmestanley

An Ordinary Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
WHAAT?! Another update already?

you mustn't have read the first 3 pages of this thread where every one else already said there's an issue with loading/saving JSON files and where Archeia said there should be a fix within 24 hours.
Oh. That explains it. 

Look, Shaz, I already read the first 3 pages and I already knew about the issue by the time i wrote my reply, I think you misunderstood what you said.

I knew that Archeia was going to fix it, but I didn't imagine that I would lead to the point where you RELEASE ANOTHER UPDATE making the previous one useless. Congratulations RM staff, you are a miserable failure. (just kidding XD plz don't kill me)

But seriously, was it necessary to make another update when a whole new one was already released? Just make a patch for the update.

EDIT: It seems that only the JSON issues were fixed, and other ones remain, like the music and the brazilian translation ones one. Now, are you going to make another update?

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gmestanley

Please watch your tone. Our #1 states "Do not insult..." and you are bordering on that if not outright there.

So you are an artist and super coder, life is unfair >< lol. (pretty good gfx in the link you gave, great job)

I know you're mostly joking, but how is it unfair when Archeia has worked hard to learn and hone both skills? While natural talent does play a role in things, time spent learning and practicing usually goes much further.

Also, in regards to parallax mapping, while I can understand your point, parallax mapping was created to improve on the editors' lack. So how is trying to improve the editor to make up for that a bad thing?

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@gmestanley

Please watch your tone. Our #1 states "Do not insult..." and you are bordering on that if not outright there.

I know you're mostly joking, but how is it unfair when Archeia has worked hard to learn and hone both skills? While natural talent does play a role in things, time spent learning and practicing usually goes much further.

Also, in regards to parallax mapping, while I can understand your point, parallax mapping was created to improve on the editors' lack. So how is trying to improve the editor to make up for that a bad thing?
He can't help it, he's French. :p

Edit: sorry, i missed the gmestanly thing and thought you were talking about kayser.

gmestanley

An Ordinary Wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It is a patch. What do you think is it? 
sorry

it looks like a major update or something

@gmestanley

Well I was making a reference to the Expiration Date TF2 video, but because I think it is so pointless to add another minor update just to fix that single issue and not fixing the other ones, because would people still use 1.3.2 if there's a fix in the 1.3.3 update?

Now, it's my time to say it.

Congratulations for the new update, MV staff! You...i don't know what you deserve, the only one who can say what you guys deserve is @Yanfly ;-;

Also, it's a freakin' coincidence that there are two members in this forum with almost the same nickname, and they are talking about the same topic.

2DGameStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No I dont think it is one, is my sons account who is not suppose to be using the internet while i am not home, So the 2dgamestudio one can be removed or i can log in under his account a remove it. 

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Busted. Lol. Kids these days.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You deployed a swift fix to the character generator problem, kudos. 

bbr

Blogger
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any news regarding the pretty big memory leak?

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Any update that upgrade the quality of rpg maker mv is a good one! I hope dev team will continue to push this product even further :)

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@bbr...

All of my memory leak issues were fixed with 1.3.1. I.3.2 and 1.3.3 have fixed other issues, too, such as the scroll text and Character Generator issues. I'm not aware of any remaining memory leak issues.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Yes, I value hard work and tenacity (check koruldia for proof) and the man deserves congratulations, that was a joke because it's rare to see somebody skilled both in code and art.

Not a bad thing at all yes, my point was that RM's Editor is kind of "set in stone" but of course we can use plugins to improve our games, (and it works really well, even more convenient than scripts) the thing is you can't improve the editor itself and have to rely on some "extra layer of complexity" (plugin based) if you want to bypass editor's limitations.

You'll never(?) see the result directly in the editor like it's a native functionality. But on the other hand, 'show parallax' is a default function built in the software since 15 years, and people are quite familiar with it. I was just saying that it's part of "RM identity" and should be working flawlessly in order to keep the users involved with MV, even considering HTML5 and the fact we need to be cautious with the method now.

That being said, I'm open to any tool that would prove itself convenient and well done to "replace" parallax-mapping in RM, that would be great to see.

1.3.4 will be there soon

So far it's already way better than previous versions, can't wait for your next update to get rid of the memory leak forever. (if there is still any hidden problem.) Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hogogopfu01