Not open for further replies.

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
It was something purely experimental I wanted to try out, but I had a bit of inspiration from the changes made by Ivan to the 1.3.2 source code. I took it a step further and removed each and every addition added on to the heavier scenes: the map and the battle. All child elements added by the scene are to be cleared as the scene switches to keep the running game light-weight on memory consumption.

That was suggested not by me, and that's only a temporary fix. Of course its better to remove your stuff after work, but in theory it shouldnt affect things that bad. So there's still one bug and I'm investigating it

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonNightfox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using Yanfly's Core Engline. Pretty much what I'm working with. How do I remove the line? I'm no programer.

CrimsonNightfox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
NVM. Thanks Yanfly. I'm no expert when it comes to stuff like codes and programing. I Just make games for the enjoyment of it. I truly don't have that much RPG Making experience so I go for the simple stuff. 

You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I installed the update and now my game doesn´t work anymore. I can´t start the testgame it is just a black screen. I even changed some things in my game to test it but it doesn´t work. I´m not using the steam version and I have absolutely no idea what to do other than to change everything back. Even the 1.3.1 update didn`t work for me.

What should I do? ;_;

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@You Clod that sounds as if you made a mistake when updating your project (not the editor).

That is why the first topic gives very specific instructions on making a backup of the project and which files to copy (and which not to copy).

Go to your project backup and try again.

If this happens even when following the instructions exactly, then most likely you have a plugin that is not yet compatible with the newest update - several plugin writers already gave updates, others are still in the work - check for every plugin you have installed if it is the newest plugin version.

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I installed the update and now my game doesn´t work anymore. I can´t start the testgame it is just a black screen. I even changed some things in my game to test it but it doesn´t work. I´m not using the steam version and I have absolutely no idea what to do other than to change everything back. Even the 1.3.1 update didn`t work for me.

What should I do? ;_;

If it still continues to give a black screen, press F8 while the test is open. The console may be giving an error that can tell you what plug-in, if any, is giving you a hassle.

YuiDemonia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Got mine updated~ Will test it thoroughly~

Capture_zpsyy61fqlw.png

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses

What should I do? ;_;

Did you swap the "index.html" file?

You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don´t have any plugins in it. All my previous plugins are gone even though I followed the instructions. When I open the testgame it says: "TypeError undefined is not a function".

What did I do wrong?

And what is a index.html file?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@You Clod: I had the same error even after following all the steps on the front page to go from 1.1 to 1.3.2. What I had to do to fix it was I had to create a new project, then copy all of my files over to the new project. Worked perfectly.

@Rest: Is there a hidden file somewhere that is NOT being found with the steps? The freeze error, based on my testing, is not related to failure to update the .js, the plug-ins or the .index file, but something else that is not being stated.

You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp: I did what you said and it worked but all my plugins that I inserted into the game are gone.

Do I have to install and configurate them again? (I´m sorry if my english isn´t good or understandable)

Hikitsune-Red

火狐 - Red =^~^=
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@bgillisp: I did what you said and it worked but all my plugins that I inserted into the game are gone.

Do I have to install and configurate them again? (I´m sorry if my english isn´t good or understandable)

You also need to copy your plugins.js from the js folder. This file holds all the plug-in config data. If that doesn't work, then yes, you might have to reset your plug-ins.

You Clod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I copied the plugin.js folder but it doesn´t work. Guess I will spend the next hour reseting everything.

But thank you all for your help :D

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@You Clod: When I did it I had no plug-ins to copy, so can't say. But I'd redownload and reinstall them anyways. This way you are sure to have the most current version of the plug-ins.

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Copy and paste code in events is working? they paste but they dont run

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Artificer

then you probably made a mistake somewhere - if the code has been pasted, then it will run if it was a working command sequence.

Please make a new topic in MV support with screenshots of the non-working event, and we can check why it doesn't work.

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Yep, most part of the problem was the order of the conditionals and pages, thanks.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
OK so here is a strange issue. when I have the plugin ON and go to the game. (I always use new game to test changes to plug ins) But when it loads up, the map is blank!

Only actors and events are visible. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've got 1.3.2 (downloading 1.3.3 now to see if it makes a difference) and when I hit F5 while playing, I get a message about refreshing while there are controllers plugged in will cause the connection to be lost.  I don't have any controllers plugged in - I have never used controllers with this laptop, and I never received that message until today, although I have had 1.3.2 since it came out and I'm sure I've used F5 to refresh between then and now without any issues.

Any idea what's going on?  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I didn't realize that Deers can grow so big... I almost hit one while going home from work - phew... approx 10cm separated us from accident... (tomorrow link to video from my dashcam). I'm too shocked to think straight.
Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T

As a game dev, there's always this other feeling I have after, for example, watching a sad drama: "Understanding +1!"
I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fency