RPG Maker MV 1.5.0 Update!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Software Updates' started by Archeia, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanfly

Yanfly Developer

Great work, MV team! Love the new UI!

And for those getting this error:
    [​IMG]

Be sure to update all your core files, update the lib folder contents, and update the index.htm.

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @EseQueL There's no "phone size" resolution because phones come in lots of resolutions.

3. Allerka

Allerka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, my game fired up once but was running at 10-12 FPS instead of 58-60 like normal. I shut it down to try and figure out what was happening, and now nothing boots. I get a black screen for an instant, and then it just auto-closes. The debug console doesn't even get a chance to display anything before it's shut down. Even a brand new project with no changes does it. The only way I can get into the blank game is if I quickly click on the debug console to change window focus, which gets the game to boot, but with no graphics displaying, only a blank screen, and then I hit F5 to restart it, and things work then. But that's not always guaranteed. Sometimes the debug console doesn't load before it closes, or clicking on it has no effect and it closes anyway. Bloody weird.

4. SimProse

SimProse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hm. Think i'll wait until this is reviewed a bit more before I update.

5. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure why people are having so many different issues. No issues here. As soon as my Libs folder, RPG*.js files and index.html file were all replaced in my current project, was working the absolute same and I'm on a very potato laptop. Seriously, my PC is beefier and can't handle MV playtesting all that well. Anyway, point being that there doesn't seem to be an issue on my end. Gotta be something else. I guess good questions to ask are:

1. What plugins are being used during playtesting
    2. Are you using the Steam version or standalone
    3. Did you make sure to update all the files properly in your projects
    4. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling MV to see if maybe there was some sort of hiccup

Should try these options if you're getting issues just to rule them out.

orzfly likes this.
  6. LTN Games

LTN Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update works great for me, all my plugins except for the Quest Journal are good to go. The game plays well and I'm happy to see Pixi 4.4.
    I would like to see an updated nwjs in the future, it's kind of silly using such an outdated version that uses chrome 49 and node 4 considering the new one uses 59 and is at least 5 versions ahead of what MV uses.
    If people are having issues with the update just create a new project and see if it works, if it does then the problem is your current project not the update.which means you either updated it wrong or you have plugins causing issues.

Thanks dev team for your steady work.

KaYsEr likes this.
  7. Allerka

Allerka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    1: None. Even a blank project is auto-crashing for me.
    2: Steam.
    3: Yes, but that shouldn't matter for a new project.
    4: No, I guess I'll try that. Why not.

I'll make a separate support thread if it's just me having this problem.

djDarkX likes this.
  8. Amane Kagari

Amane Kagari The Unimpressive Hero MC That's (Not) Ever Known Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can also try updating chronologically (as in installing the oldest update to the newest) if you got errors (if you're using non-steam version). Sometimes that solves problems. Otherwise, you should fully uninstall then do a clean install with nothing (no plugins, scripts, etc.) and then update chronologically if you're not using steam version. Also, try rebooting your computer after updating/uninstalling and reinstalling. It helps sometimes with software glitches of all kinds (not just for RPG Maker MV) to try whatever solutions will help resolve your issues. Just poke around until you find a good solution that works for your system.

Another note: Individual's systems may work differently due to manufacturers. For example, mine is custom build so some factory softwares and hardwares are modified specifically for that company and for my needs. So sometimes I do get random errors using conventional softwares such as RPG Maker MV. But usually they're solved with a little reboot and/or by closing all other programs while using MV to prevent interference that may associate with certain issues. So try everything and check your system's specs and settings (sometimes it's the settings). That's at least my advice.

9. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I seem to have an annoying bug back with this version: When I close MV I need to kill all Steam services to be able to open it again, because Steam thinks that MV is still open.

10. Jeido_Uran

Jeido_Uran Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Excellent UI/QoL update ! It did break something like 8-10 plugins in my project so I'll wait before upgrading it, but I'm in love with the new Plugin Menu and the Find function !

11. waynee95

waynee95 Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for that update! :D

Plugin-Manager is now a lot easier to work with.
    But the most amazing thing is the Ctrl+F search function, it even works with Regex. :o

12. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    wow, some really nice updates this time around - good job to everyone involved!

That plugin manager is just beautiful!

Can someone please elaborate on this?
    Does this actually mean we can make some changes to the editor itself? Or is it still runtime?

13. waynee95

waynee95 Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Shaz
    I thought that just refers to the one plugin added. Forgot the name. It's included when creating a new game.
    It let's you change some parameters like the resolution, default value of auto dash etc.

14. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ah, okay. Still nice :)

15. CriticalGames

CriticalGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks very much to all involved for the update! The new features are really nice and I can't say I've had any problems on my end so far =D

The only thing I would've liked is a fix for the Map Scroll Type bug I reported back in March (well, technically over a year ago on the old RPG Maker MV improvement board): https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...uses-fixed-parallax-background-to-move.76191/ But I do certainly understand that this sort of thing takes time to fix/test/implement, especially when there are so many other issues to solve (but hopefully not too much longer for my project's sake XD).

Thanks again RMMV team!

16. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This breaks my game so much that I'm not even able to use it.

17. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Nice! I like the new upgrade

Although I saw in some plugin that we have now new tags for it...but few informations for it.
    Code:
    * @dir img/system/
     * @type file
    they seem interesting...but what's their use...can we add new types for it? do we have more control for it?

I would like more explaination about them

18. ze1

ze1 Veteran Veteran

I did all I was told in the instructions to update the maker and my project, and now I'm getting an issue when I try to playtest it. It gets stuck on this screen, right after starting it.

[​IMG]

rpg_core.js is version 1.5.0

[​IMG]

After some investigation, I found out that the issue seems to be caused by me trying to load some fonts on startup:

Code:
    Zanto.Scene_Boot_prototype_create = Scene_Boot.prototype.create;
    Scene_Boot.prototype.create = function() {
        Zanto.Scene_Boot_prototype_create.call(this);
        Graphics.loadFont('GameFontNumber', 'fonts/Braciola MS.ttf');
        Graphics.loadFont('GameFontNumber2', 'fonts/DECTERM.ttf');
    };
    When I comment out the Graphics.loadFont lines, everything works. It used to work before update... What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Jonforum likes this.
  19. EseQueL

EseQueL Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ya that's why I said they should make something like a... "Fit Screen" option. The resolution will resize depending on the mobile.

20. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That could only work if there was some sort of baseline similarity between phone screens, like the same ratio or resolution. If the size you built the game in was the wrong size and ratio for a player's phone would the program distort it or crop it or letterbox it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.