Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They always were - that's why they get replaced with %20 in error messages, because the network file system can't handle them otherwise.
It's just that windows has an override to allow such letters that are illegal under networking rules, but that override has problems of its own.
But I don't have spaces. Do underscores cause problems now too?

deathsia

Pegisister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The files in 'js\libs' folder too?
Yeah but the odd thing is, I haven't replaced any files since I made this post nor have I copied my project to a new folder but now it seems to be working. @.@; was it a one time fluke?

miksva44

Knight449
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swe/eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get this error on the console after the upgrade, is it anything to worry about? Is it something I need to fix?

Attachments

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get this error on the console after the upgrade, is it anything to worry about? Is it something I need to fix?
This error has existed since the beginning.
It is not related to this update.
I never get a answer about this alert, however if like me you whant fix it, you can create blank files with the same name extention.
to get this rerror you need start game with console debug first

miksva44

Knight449
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swe/eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, just checking. Glad it´s nothing serious, thanks for the response.:)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never get a answer about this alert, however if like me you whant fix it,
This has been answered before, and the cause of this error is simply that something went wrong when updating either the pixi files or the index.html, and with the complete and correct updates it has been vanished from everyone reporting it.

However, I strongly suspect that it is also caused by missing an update - the update programs given over time are intended to work only on the exact previous version, if you apply it to an older version than that you'll be skipping some updated files and I suspect that is part of this error.

So you better use the full installer to make sure every project file is up to date before applying the update to your project, and make sure that you copy every file listed in the update instructions (including the entire libs folder, all core files and the index.html

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
I see there's an "Angle" version in the Steam beta tab. What's the difference between that and the "regular" version?

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This has been answered before, and the cause of this error is simply that something went wrong when updating either the pixi files or the index.html, and with the complete and correct updates it has been vanished from everyone reporting it. However, I strongly suspect that it is also caused by missing an update - the update programs given over time are intended to work only on the exact previous version, if you apply it to an older version than that you'll be skipping some updated files and I suspect that is part of this error. So you better use the full installer to make sure every project file is up to date before applying the update to your project, and make sure that you copy every file listed in the update instructions (including the entire libs folder, all core files and the index.html[/QUOTE]"]

I do not know why this seems to have disappeared in some case,but me, I am on a clean version, (full install 1.5) + new project clean(create with 1.5), and the error are show when i call F8 in the network!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
However, I strongly suspect that it is also caused by missing an update - the update programs given over time are intended to work only on the exact previous version, if you apply it to an older version than that you'll be skipping some updated files and I suspect that is part of this error.
That should honestly be included in the update notes for all versions, as I went from 1.1 to 1.3.1 and even with the steps there my projects wouldn't run until I made a new project and copied the files from the old project to the new. Might prevent a lot of 'bug' reports if this was emphasized every update, as even I didn't know that!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see there's an "Angle" version in the Steam beta tab. What's the difference between that and the "regular" version?
It has been explained in this topic a few posts ago, that is for people who have problems with the OpenGL libraries (for example if their graphic cards are too old and their drivers didn't get updated to newer OGL versions)

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
It has been explained in this topic a few posts ago, that is for people who have problems with the OpenGL libraries (for example if their graphic cards are too old and their drivers didn't get updated to newer OGL versions)
Ah, I see. Well, I got the white screen when I tried using MV through Remote Desktop connections (I use RDP often to connect to my home computer). Would the Angle version actually solve that issue?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know - I only know what Archeia wrote here in this topic. Just test it.

miksva44

Knight449
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
swe/eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This has been answered before, and the cause of this error is simply that something went wrong when updating either the pixi files or the index.html, and with the complete and correct updates it has been vanished from everyone reporting it.

So you better use the full installer to make sure every project file is up to date before applying the update to your project, and make sure that you copy every file listed in the update instructions (including the entire libs folder, all core files and the index.html
I just installed the full installer, made a new game and copied core files, lib folder and the index.html file from the new game to the old project but it looks the same.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still haven't been able to make use of this, playing around all I get is endless "loading" screen at most.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L
Can you make a new project and work on that?
if yes, something went wrong with updating your existing project.
if not, then most probably the program was installed wrong and you should reinstall it.
(in case you're using the steam version, make sure to clear the steam download cache first - if that cache is corrupted, you'll get an endless download loop that might be confused with that loading screen)

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tuomo L
Can you make a new project and work on that?
if yes, something went wrong with updating your existing project.
if not, then most probably the program was installed wrong and you should reinstall it.
(in case you're using the steam version, make sure to clear the steam download cache first - if that cache is corrupted, you'll get an endless download loop that might be confused with that loading screen)
I use Steam version. Checking the debug console it says I have same missing files miksva has but I double checked and took everything from libs folder in NewData folder.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never get a answer about this alert, however if like me you whant fix it, you can create blank files with the same name extention.
to get this rerror you need start game with console debug first
This error means that the .map files weren't found. Those files are used to make debugging of compiled JS files easier, but they aren't necessary to run the game.
The three pixi*.js files are pre-compiled so chromium will try to find matching .map files when you open the debugger and then show you that message because it didn't find such files.

You can safely ignore it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use Steam version. Checking the debug console it says I have same missing files miksva has but I double checked and took everything from libs folder in NewData folder.
Another thing that is caused by a damaged steam download cache is that the download might be incomplete (missing file) but the file integrity check no longer works.
clear steam download cache and then reinstall RMMV in steam, then update your project again.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just finished updating my game and... Oh Dear... It's gonna take me ages to get everything working properly with the new Image Manager :(

Still, the new features look great, congratulations to everyone involved!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cleared cache, delelted and reinstalled and still get those missing files even though I have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My book/game tackles racism alot so I've been watching the news and social media absorbing everything as unbiasedly as I can for research but as a proud Caribbean black man my emotions are a whirlwind right now.
I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...
A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme