RPG Maker MV 1.5.0 Update!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Software Updates' started by Archeia, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hudell

Hudell Dog Lord Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is this your error?

Because that error means that some piece of Javascript was interpreted as a filename instead of code.

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you don't have any animation files with spaces, then I'm guessing it's a plugin gone awry.

3. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I also have the missing pixi files thing that others have reported and I verified that I have the pixi files in the lib folder.

It's weird, the game runs fine if running from the game's folder in the index but in the editor it justs hangs forever.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  4. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    What does this mean?

Deprecation Warning: PIXI.GC_MODES.DEFAULT has been deprecated, please use PIXI.settings.GC_MODE

it's the only error it shows but I got no clue what it is about. It also shows in a fresh project.

5. LTN Games

LTN Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dutch Power Creations It's nothing serious, it's just a warning for the developers. so they are aware that PIXI has changed a public method which will most likely be removed in future releases of Pixi.js. The developers will have to change the core file to reflect the latest public method suggested in the warning.

Kino likes this.
  6. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Thanks, @LTN Games I was already scared something might have broken and I had no clue on what was going on. Thanks again.

LTN Games likes this.
  7. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To fix that go to rpg_core.js and replace for all occurrences:
    for
    izi

8. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great update, guys!

Something I would like to ask something about this point of the update:
    Does it mean the BGM/BGS/ME/SE delay is already fixed? Or perhaps is near to be fixed? I didn't try it in a new project because I'm working in my game (that uses the 1.4.1 update until I can update the plugins too).

P:S.: @Archeia Glad to see the latest fixes I made in the Spanish translation. I'm still checking if there are more things to fix, but apparently, everything is fine at the moment. I'll wait until we can translate the Tutorial strings, and the new ones added with the new update.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  9. Mehmet Lütfi Alp

Mehmet Lütfi Alp Warper Member

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    its really amazing!
    thanks

KaYsEr likes this.
  10. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Elmlor.com Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is great I hope RPG Maker MV keeps evolving overtime. Starting to turn out to be a great Little Engine that could :)

11. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can anyone help me please? Do I have to make a new topic about the update issue?

12. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Tuomo L So you're saying that everything runs fine when running from index? But when you playtest in the editor it has issues? If that's right, then you should probably start looking at the root of the problem, which would be Steam or MV itself. I know you said you've uninstalled and reinstalled, but there has to be some other underlying issue that's causing this.

I've tried to comb through your posts the best I can and pick out anything that doesn't seem to have been responded to. Well, one thing I can say is that it never hurts to make sure all your programs, drivers, and operating system is up to date. And to be safe, making sure nothing else is running while you're editing in MV and running it as admin (if you can).

13. EseQueL

EseQueL Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    meh~ great update but my project uses a lot of Yanfly and SRD plugins and it won't work on mobile if I use 1.5.0.
    sadly, my project is still using 1.3.4 as it is the most stable version for mobile deployment (android).

14. Jiffy

Jiffy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just finished checking out the new update. Congrats to the dev team for their awesome work. The img manager change is a tad annoying but its nothing game destroying. Good job!

15. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @EseQueL : Don't feel bad, I'm still on version 1.1 as I have all the plug-ins and such working for my project on that. I always say, there's no reason to upgrade just to upgrade.

EseQueL likes this.
  16. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Ty @Kyuukon I have a clean F8 screen again, that will keep me more relaxed hahaha!

Kyuukon likes this.
  17. Saneterre

Saneterre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Will there be, one day, something that helps you export your game on mobile devices easily ?
    It's really hard to do right now. If it could be as simple as exporting to windows, that would be so much better.

Is the day coming or is it impossible ?

18. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Technically impossible (unless the way of the mobile OS really changes).

You'll always need a step in between , because the second part needs to make the packages work on too many different devices with big differences between them. And that conversion (no matter if done by crosswalk or the intel method or something else) needs such a specific knowledge that the people programming that simply don't have the time to learn how to program something else.

Having a direct export (without the steps between) would require the MV-programmers to learn all the specifics of all the mobile devices, which would require them to spend another year learning that as well as probably tripling the programming cost for whatever RM that would do this - when there is absolutely no need for that because others put in the work for those conversion programs.

And that doesn't even consider the problem that you can't get all the info due to licencing restrictions Apple places on the iOS-conversion: you have to use the Apple-Program for conversion to iOS and application to the applestore, because those details on what is done there are not puiblished.

It might be that the conversion steps will be more automated by time, but that is something outside of RM and cannot be changed or handled by the RM programmers in any way.

19. Saneterre

Saneterre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Does automated programs exist currently ?

20. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Saneterre I don't know - the best way to check for that would be to go to the crosswalk forums (or whatever conversion method you plan to use), because that is what has to be automated, it has nothing to do with the RPG-Maker.
    That said, someone here on the forum claimed to have written a program for that, but several people had problems using that as well - search for its topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.