RPG Maker MV 1.5.0 Update!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Software Updates' started by Archeia, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Could be a resolution issue, have you tried the default resolution? 720p is a weird resolution when it comes to scaling..doesn't scale well. Try 1920x1080 and scale down by factors of 2.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When skipping versions, you can't use the updaters as they are intended to work only from the directly previous versions. They don't contain all files from previous updates.
    That is why every topic about the updates also contains a new full installer - you need to deinstall RMMV and reinstall it with the full installer to prevent errors if your version is too old.

3. kittgts

kittgts Villager Member

First Language:
    ru
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And where to get these files in this case? If you completely remove the Maker from the steam - it is put anyway the latest version and if you create a project on it - it's the same thing.

Download full installer - all the same as in the incentive. There is nothing new and old. I updated correctly. I forgot nothing about the incentive scheme. What kind of problem can I not understand? There is no it at people.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2017
  4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM

kittgts, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you use steam and want to revert to an older version, go to betas and just change version number.

Marquise* likes this.
  5. xoDeathy

xoDeathy Warper Member

First Language:
    Engligh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am currently experiencing a "Unable to read file Game.rpgproject." error.

I have the latest version and it is set to always update. I even updated all of the .js files (save Plugins folder and Plugins.js), made a back-up, and even tried replacing every file besides the game's own data files including the index.html. To no avail.

I do not know if I am forgetting something, but I can't get this to work on my own.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @xoDeathy that error usually means that the project file itself has been damaged - have you replaced that file as well from a new project?

7. xoDeathy

xoDeathy Warper Member

First Language:
    Engligh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Andar
    I.. did not know that it worked that way. I thank you.

Apparently something happened to my plugins.js file as well--the entire thing was showing a ton of spaces but the file was blank. Strange. Oh well, at least I will only have to reset all of my plugin settings and not my entire game.

8. Lilian

Lilian Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    I Have a littel questions.

I use Screen Width 1920 and Height of 1056 in my projekt.
    And some images will be upscaled like the loginscreen, where you can say start, continue, options, exit.

Before 1.5 it scalled correct but now, the image is loading in 816 x 624 and after i click on options and go back it is scalls correct.

Similar problem in menu since i use bust's for characters.
    First time laoding all clear and no busts visible and after selecting an option like item and going back bust's are visible.

Didnt have this problems in 1.4

Someone know a way to fix it ?

Expect that its better than ever.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  9. Jeido_Uran

Jeido_Uran Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Hi everyone,

I finally upgraded my project to 1.5, and while I can definitely feel the stability improvement (kudos for that !!) I have an issue that's bugging me:

I'm using ARP_CommandIcons (can't link it cuz I'm stuck at work but it basically displays icons in front of any selectable command). Whenever I launch the game, the icons are all missing on the title screen, and I have to open the Options Menu and then close it to make the icons appear. This issue didn't exist in 1.4. Futhermore, I have the same issues with the Main Menu while in-game, often when I open it icons are there BUT Actors' faces are missing, reopening the Menu sometimes fixes the issue, sometimes not, opening an other menu (such as Skills or Save) fixes it when I go back to the Main Menu, however it doesn't fixes it in the long run as it keeps randomly happening and it's extremely frustrating.

I also noticed that some pictures (notably, the Title Screen Background and Battlebacks, but also maps when they load for the first time) are kinda glitchy for like a second or two before displaying properly.

None of these issues were present in 1.4

Is there any reliable fix for this or do I have to downgrade to 1.4 to remove it completely ?

Thanks in advance !

10. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jeido_Uran
    several plugins need top be updated in order for them to work correctly under 1.5.0 - please check if those updates already exist and update your plugins accordingly.

11. Jeido_Uran

Jeido_Uran Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    The only plugins that could be concerned then would be ARP_CommandIcons and YEP_Core, while I do think ARP didn't update his, I'm fairly sure Yanfly updated all of his/her plugins for 1.5.0 (still could be wrong tho). I'll wait to see if they get updated and if not I'll just revert to 1.4. Thanks for the answer tho ! :)

12. Cloned

Cloned Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can someone direct me to how to update your project to the new MV version? Having difficulty finding it. Thank you.

13. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Every single update topic (including this one) contains a step-by-step instruction on how to update projects in the very first post.

Can you please tell us at which of those steps you have problems?

14. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master Veteran

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Since updating my project to 1.5.0 None of my battle scenes are showing the battlers and the enemies.. they are just invisible.
    ive been trying to fix it for two days now with no success.
    Can anyone offer advice?

15. BishoujoHelper

BishoujoHelper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skunk If you're using Yanfly's Row Formation plugin, I hear ya. Had the same problem with my battlers, but have yet to resolve it - got other problems that I want to fix first. If you aren't using that one, do the usual plugin disabling.

16. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master Veteran

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I fixed it by updating SRDSupertools and Yanflys battle core :)

17. theolas

theolas Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    ANyone Notice that the Sakan DLc Not working

18. Missile

Missile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Find feature and plugin redesign are really awesome, excellent work :) Glad Find made it.
    The plugin situation has been a bummer, but hopefully the next RM (mv 2?) has more core features to reduce the need for so many plugins. But for now it's probably best to stick with the safe ones that'll be updated, like Yanfly's.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  19. drwho10

drwho10 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is everyone certain this is legit, or complete? On the updates page on the main site, it still says 1.4 is the latest version, so I'm not sure if this is an unofficial version, or if it is but they haven't worked out the bugs yet or something, or if they just haven't added it yet.

20. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is a legitimate update, normal members can't create threads in this section. The main site just hasn't been updated yet.

Marquise* likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.