Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2018-02-26_4-34-17.png 2018-02-26_4-34-54.png
Can anyone help me figure out why my maps are not showing up in map list
If someone can please help

So I was working on my maps I saved the game and then playtested it and When I went back to RPG Maker MV 1.6.0 My maps would not load inside the map list and Then I tried to import them to another project I can input two but the rest do not work So I need some help figuring out why it won't show in map list So if anyone knows please help

map list and my date folder

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I Can't be definite, but there are many reported bugs with 1.6.0 This might be one of them.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, this is a bug in 1.6.0 that appears when you move maps around.
You can fix this by opening the "MapInfos.json" file in the "data" folder of your project using Notepad (or Notepad++).

In the .json file you will see a list of items that look like this:
Code:
{"id":1,"expanded":true,"name":"TESTMAP","order":1,"parentId":0,"scrollX":819,"scrollY":468}
Ignore "expanded", "scrollX" and "scrollY".
  • "order": this defines the order in which your map will show up in the hierarchy. Make sure the topmost map is 1, followed by 2, then 3, etc.
  • "parentId": this tells you which map is the parent. The default is 0 (no parent). The number must match the "id" of the parent map. If you're unsure what "parentId" to set, 0 should be safe.
  • "id": it's the id of the map. DO NOT change this. Use it to find out what number to put in "parentId" of another map.
The problem you're experiencing is the following:
RMMV messed up the "parentId". There's a map somewhere, whose parent is either its own child, or child's child.
The editor doesn't know how to handle this: If A is the parent of B, but B is also the parent of A, how do I display this?

So you need to fix this yourself.
Make sure to watch the "order" as well. A child's "order" must be a larger number than the parent's (the child is below the parent), and you can't have a map in-between unless that map is also the child (or child of child) of the same parent.

So the following hierarchy:

Start
- A
B
- C
- - D
- E

would look like this:

Start ( order: 1, parentId: 0 )
A ( order: 2, parentId: id of Start )
B ( order: 3, parentId: 0 )
C ( order: 4, parentId: id of B )
D ( order: 5, parentId: id of C )
E ( order: 6, parentId: id of B )

Like I said: if you're unsure what to do, set "parentId" to 0.

Last edited:

snowmods

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot that fixed it

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nolonar Thank you! I was about to panic over here but your post saved the evening!

circuitstatic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Nolonar Thank you! I just ran into this same bug but your solution fixed it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap