Not open for further replies.

JulianSK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still want a totally 3D RPG Maker, but this is better than nothing...

For me, if I can use the normal tilesets to make the maps, and also how to make stairs
(multiple floors), I'm interested.

Last edited:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know. It's just daydreaming but hey, you asked for our wishes and opinions, right ?
I like those ideas.
Let me add that, i'd like to see skies.
Say i don't wanna use ceilings, i could have a panorama(paralax) and have a sky.
Some means of having outside areas and towns would be nice.

I basically would just love to make a fully first person RPG or a combination of overhead and first person.

I just could not see myself paying more than 5 dollars if it's just a tool for making hallways.

Kanzlerino

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I like those ideas.
Let me add that, i'd like to see skies.

Some features that would be mandatory for me to buy the 3D Labyrinth Tool addon for the RMMV:
- Integrated fog of war
- Skybox
Skybox = Seeing the Sky ;)

But i see where you come from. 5 Dollars would be alot for Only doing hallways. But with some (or all) the stuff i wish and hope for i would pay the full 20 or even more lol.

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I vote Yes.

IF its more than plain walls. If we can add items to the walls/floors so every hall/room doesnt look like every other, would be a fun tool to have and worth $20.

If its just plain boring hallways, might pay $5 to have it, but probably never make use of it.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Skybox = Seeing the Sky ;).
I thought a skybox was something else.
For some reason I had this vision in my head of a box floating in the sky o_O
I just feel like 20 is too much unless it has plenty of features.
I would pay more than 20 depending on what the tool can do.

OmniStorm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would definitely be interested. I have experimented with taking screenshots of a premade 3D map in unity and stringing them together in MV through events. The result was fun, but the file size would have gotten out of control. Please make this!

chaleeman

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I voted "Yes"

What is on the Kadokawa's staff mind?

Well I'm thinking that they would go with something simple displaying only the screen without some type of camera rotation..

but if they include rotation (with a 3D engine to simplify the use of drawing every angle of each wall) have the option of drawing the screen instantly (going back to 2D). Which nails the retro look of old first person dungeon crawlers. I'm mentioning this for the nostalgic which I'm included.

I'm not familiar with modern games that have this type of presentation...

Personaly I like the look of the Madou Monogatari 1-2-3 (Puyo Puyo series) and I found some guy that made a similar game to Madou Monogatari but using original assets for the Nintendo DS using a programming sofware called puchi com 3 and I think it looks cute (like madou monogatari was)

One particular thing of the Madou Monogatari games I love, are the Fuzzy Stats, in which you don't know exactly what are your stats (by this I mean having the numbers that show how much of which stat you have, be it HP, MP or Magic Power) and instead are being told by interpreting the messages of your own character, or the music that is playing and the expression of the face. This could be implemented in many ways alone. But if it's included as some sort of option (or plugin) it would be nice.

English translated video of The Fuzzy Stats

Well that's what I have in mind regarding this idea... It's always welcome having tools for making whathever kind of RPG that anyone could want

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My hope is they go for something slightly more modern.
The use of simple polygons.. maybe Sega Saturn level of polygons/visuals.
I never cared for the blinking type of dungeon crawler...
If it's not using some sorta polygon engine, i dunno if i would even care to buy it.
What sucks is i don't think they have anything to show yet... so we're gonna be waiting awhile to see what it is they are wanting to make.
I was hoping for something similar to but better than the first person engine that was made for VX Ace.. you literally would draw and even place textures on the walls by hand.

In fact that's my hope.. something I can place down objects and paint with textures by hand...
Simple geometry.. like triangles for roof tops, maybe simple blocks with a texture method for making doors on objects...
I'd really love to make a full on first person RPG complete with towns.. even forest settings.
Maybe the ability to have windows on some walls with a means of actually looking outside at a .. landscape made of a panorama/paralax or something similar.

5 bucks if it's just making halways.
10 bucks if i can place WHAT texture i want on what surface.
15 bucks if i can do the last 2 things plus placing events for chests and doors and having them face properly lined with surfaces for doors.
20 bucks if i can do all the last things as well as maybe the skybox thing which was mentioned further up... as well as maybe fogs and distance adjustments and a map.
25 or more if i can maybe design towns and more with simple geometry.
The pricing should pertain to what can be done.

That's all i'm saying.

Wolf619

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm going to say nay, rpg maker already does what I want it to I'd rather see official plugins, content and fixes. If you guys want to do 3d please make an different RPG maker just for 3d rpgs (I WOULD GLADLY BUY IT!)

BishoujoHelper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As some others have said, if it can be implemented without bogging down, then I'd love to have it! In fact, my current project is a conversion of one of those old games (a Bard's Tale Construction Set scenario), and a few annoyances that had to be addressed were related to not having the 3D view.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@Oscar92player : Right now you are the only one reporting lag on sound and audio. I haven't had any lag since 1.1 and most others haven't since 1.3, and I haven't seen any reports but yours on it since 1.5. Maybe your sound files are at fault and not MV? Might be something to consider since you are in the minority here on that issue.
It lags on music and and there is jerky walking on windows 10. It has been doing this on 8.1 and 10 since I went from 7 to those two operating systems. Windows 7 is the only lag-free operating system for this game. I completed an 18 -plus hour complete game, and in the span of some 14 months of working on the project...it did not lag on music maybe a couple of times...and I am running a high-end machine with a high-end SSD drive. Also this sometimes even happens with me running the "Made by MV" plugin. as far as the 3d feature goes, I would put up with twice the music lag, and even turn it off to see it made. I would also bet money that a ton of other users would like to see 3d first person dungeons. It would be worth as much as the original game in my opinion.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please guys, stay on topic. This thread is for looking at the 3D Labyrinth tool, not for discussing other issues/queries about MV.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
No, simply no.

This RPG Maker has a poor performance with 2D (frame drops included), and has some serious bugs with sound and graphics that are not even fixed yet (since the release almost TWO YEARS ago). Why don't you simply try to fix those bugs and then we can talk about tools like this? I'm very tired of saying this every time, so please, do something. :kaodes:

The fact is that a tool like this is interesting, but people will see that if the frame drops with 2D are not even fixed yet, how will MV manage 3D graphics? As if I saw the future: hundreds of threats from people reporting bugs and bad performance with games using this tool...
You are right on the money with this post. I applaud you for speaking the truth, because I know how it feels to endure the wrath from saying ANYTHING negative (constructive or not ) about the bugs and how long it takes to correct them. two thumbs up!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
[mod]From here on anyone who discusses possible problems with MV in this thread will be given a point warning. As it has been pointed out such discussion is off topic. We have an entire section for that kind of thing and you are free to discuss it there where it will actually be seen by someone who has power to do something about it. Please keep the discussion about this possible add on.[/mod]

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
In general, count me to the "shut up and take my money" faction. If this is done well, I have no problem with $ 20 (and would probably pay for several other people as well). However, as has been stated above, pure hallways won't do it.

My blueprints for such a function would be Might & Magic III (from 1991... something like this shouldn't be too difficult on today's machines?) and The Quest (can be found on Steam), which is essentially an update of the same thing (and also runs on mobile). These feature:

- Interactive hotspots on the walls and standing around
- Monsters being visible on the main screen; they don't have to have animation processes for moving between squares
- An automap feature, which is somewhat more important in first-person games than in game with bird's eye view

If there are indeed performance issues, they can probably be mitigated with having things taking place turn-based, which IMHO fits grid-based RPGs better anyway, and limiting the level size - very few dungeon crawlers go larger than 32x32, and even 16x16 is enough to create interesting levels. Maybe 24x24 might make for a good compromise.

If the tool could do 128x128 maps, but only blank hallways, without an automap and monsters ambushing without warning, I'd probably stay away. If it actually included the mentioned features, in addition to the standard RPG Maker stuff, I'd sacrifice a chicken or a Pokemon or whatever every day for the rest of my life to make the gaming gods drown you in money and glory. Or something.

recc45

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want a 3d rpg, this is the best <--snip-->

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@recc45 This is the official company site of Degica who publish RPGMaker. As such, we do not allow people to advertise competing engines. It would be a bit like going onto a Ford dealership site and telling people to buy something from General Motors. I have, therefore, removed your link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dev stream today, come on by and ask questions about rpg maker!
Fun fact: If your story introduces a variety of different races, the "human race" will automatically become the most corrupt race in general.
Finally finished my late start entry for the jam. Now. I. Sleep.
Just made 3 easy, simple and small MZ plugins today(12 hours straight), and I never thought I could ever do this.
Now I feel myself being very productive, even though I know I'm just utterly flattering myself lol
Mind: "I have cool ideas! Let's make it real!

Body: "You wanna make sumthin? I'm in."

Eyes: "Go to sleep, go to sleep."

*Sleep*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A87