Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If i wish to publish my game commercially can I use MV assets in an MZ game while owning both MV and MZ?

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, good question! I honestly don't know, but I think that you can do that, because you own both MV and MZ.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, you can. The terms for pretty much every RPG Maker state that you can use its assets in games made with other ones as long as you own the one the assets originally came from.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Yes, as long as you own both.

ScSWinter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just readed https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/eula and in this part:

Article 2 (Handling of Company Assets)
The User shall handle Company Assets contained in This Software as follows.

(1) Company Assets may be used only in User Games produced with This Software.

(2) Company Assets may be modified (colors or size changed, inverted, trimmed, etc.) only for purposes of use in User Games produced with This Software.

And if I read at the beginning: "RPG Maker MZ" (henceforth "This Software"), but not older or newer versions.

The same for RPGMAKERMV-EULA. Any indication for cross-use. Or I see wrong?

So, MV assets and their modifications can not be used in MZ? @Archeia @Touchfuzzy @Lunarea @slimmmeiske2

---

PD: If you read RPG MAKER VX Ace RTP EULA it allows it, but there are not any similar text in the rpgmakermv EULA. Any staff member about this?

The materials included in RPG MAKER VX Ace RTP can be used with other RPG MAKER products from Enterbrain as long as you own both RPG MAKER VX Ace and other RPG MAKER products. For example, if you already own RPG MAKER VX and you want to use any materials included in the VX Ace RTP with RPG MAKER VX, you need to purchase and own RPG MAKER VX Ace also.

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ScSWinter I'll check the EULAs later today. It is intended to be usable across the RPG Maker series (including VNM), if it states otherwise it is a mistake with the way the EULA is written.

Endafy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
If i wish to publish my game commercially can I use MV assets in an MZ game while owning both MV and MZ?
Just have to own both makers. You can use XP or 2k/2k3 content as well or vx/ace

ScSWinter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@ScSWinter I'll check the EULAs later today. It is intended to be usable across the RPG Maker series (including VNM), if it states otherwise it is a mistake with the way the EULA is written.

@Touchfuzzy any news on this?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've reported it. The EULA is being changed to reflect the correct terms.

They can be used across all versions of RPG Maker.

omnaeon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So if I understand correctly, if you own a copy of RPG maker MZ, you can use RTP assets from MV?

knightron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the bump but I have basically the exact same question as OP.
I can't find the EULA for RMXP, RM2k3 and RM2k. Presuming you own them are the resources from those versions transferable to later versions as well?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes - this was already stated in three posts in this thread. All RPG Maker content you own can be used in any RPG Maker software you own.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've wondered about mixing RPGM and VNM so thank you for mentioning that in your comment!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.
Decided to work on my game a little bit, made this Motel looking building. I am still on temporary hiatus though as getting Therapy is more difficult than I thought.
Every game that has an option to choose to turn on the subtitle at the first time setup deserves an award.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sslushie