RPG Maker MV: Anyone know how to create spell counters or deal damage to someone who uses a spell?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been out of the loop with all things RPG Maker as of late due to recent games and a bit of Yugioh Duel Links. It gave me an idea for spell counters where they could end up being used as a resource for stronger attacks, boosting up stats temporally. Even the potential to deal damage to an enemy or an enemy to deal damage to anyone who either used a spell or generated a spell counter.

If anyone can help me with this, it would be much appreciated and this is for the current version of RPG Maker Mv if anyone is wondering.

White Flare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could make it so casting a spell gives someone a debuff like "Spell sickness" that lowers def by 20% or something. I have an empower status for when people use fire spells on fire spirits, air on air spirits, etc. that makes them stronger.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could make it so casting a spell gives someone a debuff like "Spell sickness" that lowers def by 20% or something. I have an empower status for when people use fire spells on fire spirits, air on air spirits, etc. that makes them stronger.
Oh thanks! This is exactly what I'm trying to do! :)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly's Buffs & States Core allows you to set a counter on states.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rbennin