RPG Maker MV Beginner Tutorial Series

Lark Monster

♥ Happiness is a warm puppy. ♥
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have started watching these and am just getting to video #20 now!! I had a lot of very small questions that are now answered, and now I have a much greater idea on how to do so many things.

Thank you so much for making these videos and sharing them, they are really great and I can't wait to watch the rest of them and learn more. :yhappy:

BreezyDigimon15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey man!! Love your tutorials online.. however I am stock at the moment.. wondering if you can help me out.. my Battle background wont change to the one I selected in game. It plays fine while battle testing.. The Battle Back shown is the actual map with my character in it.. help please

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BreezyDigimon15 Then most probably you selected the battleground in the troop window of the database? That will never affect your game, because that setting is only there to help with enemy placement.

The only way to set the battlebackground in the game is in map properties, nowhere else. If there is no battlebckground selected in the map properties, it will be created based on the map.

If you set it there but it becomes invisible ingame, then the engine can't load that picture due to some problem, probably wrong format or wrong filename

BLACK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BreezyDigimon15 Then most probably you selected the battleground in the troop window of the database? That will never affect your game, because that setting is only there to help with enemy placement.

The only way to set the battlebackground in the game is in map properties, nowhere else. If there is no battlebckground selected in the map properties, it will be created based on the map.

If you set it there but it becomes invisible ingame, then the engine can't load that picture due to some problem, probably wrong format or wrong filename
Where can I find your tutorials!? I need help on switches and variables!

BreezyDigimon15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Andar thanks man appreciate the help ill give it a try after work tomorrow

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BLACK they are linked in my signature

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BLACK that is only the blog link (and I even wrote a sentence about that in the signature), the first three links work

BreezyDigimon15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
upload_2017-5-2_12-14-42.png

Hi, I tried deploying the game to windows.. and ticked unused files.. I get this error message... helpp....

SumRndmDde

Follower of RNGesus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to copy over the Cursor1.ogg from your original project.
That error means it didn't copy over when exporting for whatever reason. >.<

Last edited:

The Magic Circle

Listen to my Soundcloud fam?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was going to subscribe and realized I already had, which is a good sign. Keep it up!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe someone who has utilized the Skill Extender Plugin can help me.
Im a novice at all of this so im sure its an easy fix.
I have the plugin working, but the alpha beta spells are still showing in the original spell list. Im not sure if that the correct term.

So i go to skills on a character and it says
Fire
Fire 2
Fire 3.
I can select and cast all of them. When i select fire, the skill extender shows fire,fire 2, fire 3 just like its supposed to.
Is there a way i can remove fire 2,fire 3, from the main list?
Im thinking (at work so i cant test yet) that maybe a yanfly plugin might be interfearing. I dunno, just a dumb educated guess.
Anyway, if anyone happens to know and could respond, id appreciate it.

SumRndmDde

Follower of RNGesus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe someone who has utilized the Skill Extender Plugin can help me.
Im a novice at all of this so im sure its an easy fix.
I have the plugin working, but the alpha beta spells are still showing in the original spell list. Im not sure if that the correct term.

So i go to skills on a character and it says
Fire
Fire 2
Fire 3.
I can select and cast all of them. When i select fire, the skill extender shows fire,fire 2, fire 3 just like its supposed to.
Is there a way i can remove fire 2,fire 3, from the main list?
Im thinking (at work so i cant test yet) that maybe a yanfly plugin might be interfearing. I dunno, just a dumb educated guess.
Anyway, if anyone happens to know and could respond, id appreciate it.
Make sure the sub-skills do not have a skill type.

Tredian

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Subscribed! Great work, keep it up!

LanceRPG

A Lazy Beggar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you , I subscribed you, I love your youtube video very much

LanceRPG

A Lazy Beggar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please let me post another, OTL , please, I have to post 30 posts.

Mark_S

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to say "Thank you." These tutorials are proving to be a big help.

RenDnB

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As many have said here in the past posts... thank you. Your tutorials are awesome and have made me understand whats going on. They've also helped me organize how to tackle learning this program and creating my first game (which initially will be just for my wife and kids). Your map creation tutorial helped me out tremendously, and now I don't chicken out when it comes to making a map from scratch.

I even taught my son how to mess around with map creation after watching your tutorial just to reinforce what I learned. He's got it down pat lol... the only intimidating and time consuming part, is picking out which tiles to use.

Allan Bays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the series that got me started right after the humble bundle came out and it taught me fast enough I was able to get my game ready and enter IGMC 2017 on time. Thanks SRDude!

swindle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for these! really helped me get started!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyben