RPG MAKER MV Browser game needs high end GPU and CPU?

Celica

Celica Games
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suspect my RMMV browser game resolution to reduce performance on my laptop. I already tried to lower the resolution of the game with SRDUDE gameupgrade plugin but it didn't change anything. I also tried to reduce the browser window size. Is there another reason why the game is so slow on my laptop or will I have to resize all the graphics for weaker computers?

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello and welcome to the forum.
the internal engine at the base was realized well before the advance of pixijs.
The engine at the base used almost only the CPU.
So js need cpu, and also the rendering engine.

You have to make a choice, either use the current engine of the platform RMMV. Or take advantage of the powerfull pixijs engine, but you will need to study the javascript and the pixi library.

Do not expect an update in this way, as this would make 99% project and plugin obsolete overall.
To optimize optimally, you need to simply exploit pixijs as a whole and eliminate most core systems from the RMMV core.

i have a core i7 and a gtx 1070 overclocked and rmmv also lag in a original project.:rock-left:

Celica

Celica Games
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for reply! So, if I understand, I need to know how to program to make my game decent on my website?

LTN Games

Indie Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can play other HTML5 games on the browser, chances are you can play RPG Maker MV games. If there are issues, either it's the game or it's your browser, my guess is the game but I've also had issues with Firefox in the past. There are also a bunch of problems with browser performance and Linux GPU drivers.

I'd recommend updating drivers and your browser(s) and re-trying.

P.S I have an 9 year old laptop with a crappy GeForce 310m and an i5 processor and all HTML5 games, including MV games, run flawlessly about 80% of the time.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't want to sound rude, but if you're new to RPG Maker, the reason why your game is "heavy" on your laptop is probably something you did in your maps/game. Resolution won't be a problem unless you're trying to make is bigger than Full HD(Which can make it slow in a weak system, such as most laptops).

Try checking if you don't have many parallel process events in your (first) map(s). They're mostly always the cause of lag in MV Games.
Try updating your drivers(like LTN said)
Tell me the size of your biggest map(Maps bigger than 100x100 may be laggy in weak systems, try making many small ones instead of a single big)

And if all that doesn't solve, please list your plugins and the config of your laptop. Also tell us if your game is sharing space in a clear page, or somewhere with too many adds and scripts or something.

EDIT:
Also, an advice:
Pure HTML5 games, made in javascript and drawn with canvas, are going to use CPU only, and even worse than that: Just a single core(Because javascript can only use a single core of your PC, unless you know how to use webworkers), so for a better performance I would recommend always changing "rendering mode"(Inside community basic and/or some other core plugins that have the option) to webgl, so then part of the game is processed in GPU.

Last edited:

Celica

Celica Games
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My maps are all 40 x 22 and my game is a visual novel so most maps are just parallaxes (1920x1080) with autorun processes. I don't use parallel events at all. And my website (am I allowed to post the link on these forums?) has no ads at all.

The plugin list is very long, so it will take some time before I come up with the plugin list but thank you anyway.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1920x1080 image, in a 40x22 map being drawn by the CPU can be the problem, depending on your PC specs(could you share it + your plugin list?)

But I still don't think it's the problem, unless you've a dual-core, 2Gb Ram, HD graphics notebook

Celica

Celica Games
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the specs of the laptop are
  • Windows 10 Family 64
  • Intel® Pentium® 4415U (2.3 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores)
  • 15.6 inches
  • 8 GB of DDR4-2133 SDRAM memory (1 x 8 GB)
  • SATA 1 TB, 5400 rpm
I also face some issues with my work desktop the first time I launch the game (CPU: AMD A-10 , GPU: GTX 750 ti)

My friend has a gaming PC with a Nvidia 1070 and I7 (I think) and no problem there.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the specs of the laptop are
  • Windows 10 Family 64
  • Intel® Pentium® 4415U (2.3 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores)
  • 15.6 inches
  • 8 GB of DDR4-2133 SDRAM memory (1 x 8 GB)
  • SATA 1 TB, 5400 rpm
I also face some issues with my work desktop the first time I launch the game (CPU: AMD A-10 , GPU: GTX 750 ti)

My friend has a gaming PC with an Nvidia 1070 and I7 (I think) and no problem there.
1080p performs ~50% worse than 720p. Changing the resolution to a higher pixel count seems to have a significant effect.
Your PC is just too slow to run MV on FHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

GOBBLE GOBBLE! Happy thanksgiving.
Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor