Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey guys,

could someone tell me once again how you change the language of the RPG Maker MV editor? I would like to use the English version instead of the German one.

I googled a bit already. It keeps referring to a "Locale" folder which I can't find. I assume the directory structure has been changed in one of the recent updates? So, could anyone help me out here? :)

Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the steam version, you change the language in the steam program properties of RMMV.
In the standalone version, you need to add a file to the program folder.

That is the file named "Locale" (NO ending, and it is a file and not a folder), and it needs to contain the two letter code for the language you want, EN in case of english.
Create that file by notepad and remove the .txt from the filename after that.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
That worked! :) Thanks a lot!

It's quite a strange way of doing it, though, and I can't remember having done that last time I changed the language. Oh well. :)

fishandchips

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Sorry guys, Iive in France and I read for 3+ hours already, I still dont know how to change it to english; Can anyone help me plz

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fishandchips
See my post just a bit above.

You open notepad, type the two letters EN and save the file under the name locale into the program directory of the maker.
It is important that you save without a .txt at the filename or erase that part of the default name. If you have the extensions hidden on your Computer, you need to display them before you can remove the .txt

Gabriel-Chi

MetsuG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In the steam version, you change the language in the steam program properties of RMMV.
In the standalone version, you need to add a file to the program folder.

That is the file named "Locale" (NO ending, and it is a file and not a folder), and it needs to contain the two letter code for the language you want, EN in case of english.
Create that file by notepad and remove the .txt from the filename after that.
Sorry but, is it inside a folder? i can't find a file with the name locale... if you could send an screenshot of how it is supposed to be it would help

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i can't find a file with the name locale
of course not - that is why I wrote
you need to add a file to the program folder.
you have to create that file because it doesn't exist by default, exactly as I also specified
@fishandchips
See my post just a bit above.

You open notepad, type the two letters EN and save the file under the name locale into the program directory of the maker.
It is important that you save without a .txt at the filename or erase that part of the default name. If you have the extensions hidden on your Computer, you need to display them before you can remove the .txt

Gabriel-Chi

MetsuG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

you have to create that file because it doesn't exist by default, exactly as I also specified
i think i got it, thanks

helioktt

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV
I created "Locale" with Notepad clicking with right button, inside typed "EN", saved, removed extension txt and now is working =D thx very much.

Attachments

• Criar no bloco de notas o arquivo Locale e remover a extensao.jpg
    Criar no bloco de notas o arquivo Locale e remover a extensao.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 33

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in case of steam you don't need that process, because you can right-click the program in the steam client to get the steam program properties, and one of those is the language selection.
manual creation of the locale file is only needed for standalone

somsomsom

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A

Im confused what am i supposed to do when i get to this?Capture.JPG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you save it without the *.txt, and if your text editor refuses to save without txt then you first save with it, but then rename the file and remove the .txt from it.

Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, so I bought the original English version (It was stand alone, not the steam one ) and I want to use it in Japanese. So I did the thing with typing the thing in notepad and removing the txt format and naming it "Locale" and putting it in the data folder. But, it did not work at all. I tried using the terms "JA" and "JP" and literally none of them worked.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cthulhu95