Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this work with MZ and if it does, how?

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this work with MZ and if it does, how?
Theoretically speaking, it can work with MZ. It will need some tweaks on the library and plugin load code. I don't have MZ at the moment to test thoroughly, but it is possible.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Theoretically speaking, it can work with MZ. It will need some tweaks on the library and plugin load code. I don't have MZ at the moment to test thoroughly, but it is possible.
The index.html is totally different and so is the tree structure for the project too (there's CSS folder for example), so how would I use it then?

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The index.html is totally different and so is the tree structure for the project too (there's CSS folder for example), so how would I use it then?
Looking at the files, most of the changes will be on the main.js and rmmz_managers.js files. I'm expecting similar changes to the MV code.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking at the files, most of the changes will be on the main.js and rmmz_managers.js files. I'm expecting similar changes to the MV code.

Do you want me to buy you RPG Maker MZ, so that you can check?

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now, here's an update with a bit more meat. The major change in R3.00 Update 3 is re-tooling how the Cook Tool handles the package.json file. This was done by switching from Newtonsoft.Json to .NET's System.Text.Json. This somewhat improves the performance, but it's mostly for making it easier for me to maintain the tool. There's also the option to minify the file when editing it in the Package Metadata Editor. There is the caveat of the library following the JSON's standard strictly but it shouldn't cause any issues.

Changelog:

Core​

• Moved from Newtonsoft.Json to System.Text.Json.
    • Performance and memory improvements.
  • Debug files are now removed before compiling the JS files.
  • Slight refactoring of the code.

GUI​

• Improved the performance (slightly) of the Package Metadata Editor.
  • Added the option to minify the package.json file.
  • Adjusted the behavior of the Project Settings window so it resets the compression settings when the option to compress the files is turned off.
  • Fixed a bug where the options to adjust the compression options are active, even though compression is disabled.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello! I have just tried to compile my project with your method, but there seems to be an incompatibility issue with Orange HUD plugins where they don't work in a compiled project?

I searched through the plugins and I found this line which I thought might cause the issue, but I doubt
Code:
if (Imported["MVCommons"] === undefined) {
  (function($){
    $.getParamList = function(partialPluginName) { var list = []; for (var pluginName in PluginManager._parameters) { if (pluginName.search(partialPluginName.toLowerCase()) >= 0) { list.push(PluginManager._parameters[pluginName]); } } return list; };
  })(PluginManager);

if (Utils.isOptionValid('test')) {
    console.log('MVC not found, OrangeHud will be using essentials (copied from MVC 1.2.1).');
  }
}

Edit: Nope. I can't figure out why it does not work. I have multiple HUDs active from this plugin but none of these seem to be displayed in-game for some reason. The compiled game seems to read the plugin parameters correctly(?)

Last edited:

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyo, @Hisao Shou . That's a rather weird issue. Just for double-checking, copy the files of the nwjs SDK to the compiled project, then start nw.exe. Open the DevTools and check if there are any errors popping up in the console.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Heyo, @Hisao Shou . That's a rather weird issue. Just for double-checking, copy the files of the nwjs SDK to the compiled project, then start nw.exe. Open the DevTools and check if there are any errors popping up in the console.
Thank you for your response
I have followed your steps and there is no error generated in the console.
The game itself behaves like the the OrangeHud plugin is disabled, but upon checking $plugins in the console it says that its status is true.
I have multiple groups/huds made based on the OrangeHud plugin, only these act like disabled.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Daz3D has the weirdest number scheme for model generations...
Genesis 4 is the 4th generation and oldest currently available, Genesis 1 is the 5th generation, Genesis 2 is the 6th, 3 is the 7th.... And then it goes Genesis 8. So 4, 1, 2, 3, 8. So when looking through there store you have to remember that sometimes they'll say 6 but they mean 3, and vice versa. :kaoswt:
Would opening a topic with the tutorial be interesting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EziliumIshin