Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there,

I recently got a new laptop (Dell G15 Ryzen AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H 8-core/16-thread Mobile Processor) and using RPG maker MV on it would crash after X amount of click on the software. The crash itself does not generate any error message. What happen is the screen would freeze up a few second and the RPG maker program would completely shut down. I had read that some people has this issue before and one solution was to disable cloud sync. I Uninstalled one drive application to prevent cloud sync but the problem still persists. In addition, I have whitelist RPG maker program on my antivirus software. Currently my drivers are also update to the latest. If anyone have any solution to this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Without more data on the crash it is difficult to help...

but if you get a crash without any error message within a short time of launching, that is almost always a protection program falsely identifying MV as a virus and forcing it to shutdown. If it were an internal program error you would get at least a windows error message.

So you have to check all the background programs that were probably installed by default on the new computer, and if you find the one that has the false positive then you need to whitelist RMMV there.

RMMV and RMMZ are more prone to getting false positives because they create HTML5-based programs, and most protection programs have problems seeing the difference between a local website allowed access and a remote website trying to infect locally, so they err on the site of caution and shutdown the programs unless told that the program is save.

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The crash itself is just a shutdown of the program without any error message at all. Is there an error log text file for RPG maker MV? If so, I can verify that. And thanks for the suggestion, I will check my anti-virus to see if that's the cause.

Update: I have whitelist the RPG maker MV software but the crash still persist. Also updated main post with latest information.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D
Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luizg156