Not open for further replies.

dokinim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Recently my RPG Maker MV program white screens and crashes on startup. I've tried verifying game files, uninstall&reinstall, changing versions, and updating my game driver. Nothing works and I am stumped on what to do.

PC Specs:
-GeForce GTX 1070 (Driver version 461.92)
-AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 8-Core Processor

Additional Information:
-Windows is up to date
-I'm using v1.6.3 of RPG Maker

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is often an outdated video or audio driver. Check the manufacturer sites for each and download from there, rather than from Microsoft.

dokinim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is often an outdated video or audio driver. Check the manufacturer sites for each and download from there, rather than from Microsoft.
Thank you for the suggestion. I've done a clean reinstall of my graphic's driver and my SteelSeriesDriver is up to date but it still does not work. I've also deleted Unity and Audacity because there is a rumor that they could be causing the bug. I'm stumped

dokinim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For anyone who is having the same problem and is looking for answers, I managed to fix the program on my PC. One or both of these steps solved my problem and I'm too scared of breaking MV again to test which step fixed it.

1. I unplugged my Oculus Rift from my PC
2. I wiped every trace of RPG Maker MV from my PC, uninstalled MV from steam, and installed v1.4.1 by changing the beta of the Steam version of RPG Maker MV

I hope this helps anyone who is having similar issues. Remember to think outside the box and good luck!

jacklejake

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I'm having a similar problem. All of a sudden none of my RPG Maker games are working and I don't know how to track a solution. Some games create a debug log and a couple seem to have this in common:

[0503/031623.842:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc(242)] ReadMemory at 0x6f0a7800 of 512 bytes failed: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (0x12B)
[0503/031624.129:ERROR:crash_report_exception_handler.cc(116)] WriteEverything failed

If anyone can help that'd be most appreciated.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@jacklejake please start your own thread for your own issue

There are a number of suggestions above - you haven't stated if you tried any of them or what the results were.

By "none of my RPG Maker games are working" do you mean the engines themselves won't launch, or that you are trying to play games created with RPG Maker and none of them are running?

Please provide more information about your setup, where you have things installed, what devices you have plugged in, what has changed on your computer since they last worked - all in your own new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashvstheworld