Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

So, up until yesterday, my RPG maker MV has been working just fine - it would crash on rare occasions, but never at the splash screen. That has since changed. As of yesterday, I attempted to boot up the engine to work on a game a friend of mine and I are working on only for RPG maker to crash mere seconds after just the splash screen came up. It didn't even get a chance to open the main editor window. I tried reinstalling RPG Maker, to no avail, and this morning I tried clearing the download cache and validating RPG makers game files. No luck. I also checked my antivirus software, and I didn't see anything to suggest that RPG maker was being blocked by it.

Additionally - though I am not sure if this is at all related - the software my friend and I use to share the workload on the game, Source Tree, started doing the exact same thing. In fact, I noticed this problem first, and Source Tree's issue is worse, because now I can't even reinstall it. The Source Tree installer itself crashes at the splash screen, so that's been shot in the foot rather nicely.

It is all rather aggravating, as I really don't want to leave my friend as the only one working on this game - especially since I was the one who started development.

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations, please let me know.

EDIT: I have recorded a video showing my things breaking complete with commentary.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you don't get an error message, then it usually is a background protection program force-quitting the other program.
there are usually several of those on every computer, the AV is not the only one.
and you need to find out which one it is.

Skijarama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds promising. There is just one problem: I haven't the faintest idea how to start figuring out what those are. XD

EDIT: That said, I do get 'X piece of software has stopped responding' boxes. Do those count as error messages in this context?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexeySova