nathanlink169

Game Dev by Career, no idea what I'm doing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(apologies if this is in the wrong place. I tried to find the right place to post, but this seemed the best place for it.)

Hi all! I just finished a thing and I wanted to show it off!

I made a Dialogue Editor with Unity which will output a part of a JSON file. I can then open a Map file and replace the old event with the JSON that my Dialogue Editor made. This allows me to make much more complicated Dialogues!

I edited the QuestSystemPro plugin for Unity made by DevDog to allow me to edit some custom data, including choices, speakers, etc.
upload_2019-7-20_16-57-38.png

Exporting that and plugging in my JSON data into the map files will give me something like this!
upload_2019-7-20_17-5-35.png
upload_2019-7-20_17-6-14.png

It's a little bit messy, but I'm pretty proud of it. I'm hoping it'll allow me to make much more complex dialogue systems in the game. The next thing I'm going to work on is variable manipulation.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I am happy @Kes transferred it here this is a section I follow ^^
(Else I would had missed it. Thank-you Kes!)

nathanlink169

Game Dev by Career, no idea what I'm doing
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do I get it?
Hey Justin - this was only an internal tool that I was making, not something to share to the public. Not only does it require an entirely different game engine to run, but it also makes use of third party libraries that it would be illegal for me to share. On top of that, it's very very hacky and requires some very specific steps to integrate the json file into the RPG Maker project. The point of the post was just to show off something that I was proud of making.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is really really cool. Shame it's private, but that's how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevendkelven