RPG Maker MV - Different player models in different areas?

SuperKorven

It's a korv. Learn to deal with it.
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Other
As you may have guessed, I'm aiming to make my player character have different models depending on the area.
By default I want my character to be 2 tiles tall, 1 tiles wide, which I've achieved. What I now want is the program's default "chibi" model (1x1 tiles) of my character to appear and be used in the Overworld, a.k.a the World Map, since everything is smaller there to make the world seem bigger. So my character should appear to be smaller too, but ONLY in the Overworld. I enter a village from the Overworld? I am my 2 tiles tall self again. Exit village to Overworld, I'm chibi, tiny.

How do I achieve this?

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you make the player transfer from one map to the other, use the 'change actor images' command under the system settings tab. :3

SuperKorven

It's a korv. Learn to deal with it.
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Other
When you make the player transfer from one map to the other, use the 'change actor images' command under the system settings tab. :3
Thank you for your comment! I actually just found out myself how to achieve this. It was rather simple, really.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Adding to that, have one common event for each size, and in that common event, use Change Actor Images to set the entire actor list to the appropriate size - without checking if they're in the party or not.

On your overworld map, add a parallel process event that calls the "chibi" common event, followed by an Erase Event.
When leaving the overworld, you can add a call to the "large" common event after each transfer, or you can place a similar parallel process event on each map that you can access from the overworld - up to you which method you go with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsme