RPG Maker MV doesn't respond at startup

Discussion in 'Tech Support-All Makers' started by phamtruong1992, Sep 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It'd worked just fine before but ever since I installed an app to convert music files called VSDC Free audio converter 2 days ago, my MV won't start. It just shows the logo, then the whole editor is totally blank and there is "Not responding" on the top. The problem is, now even I've uninstalled that program, MV still doesn't work. The weird thing is, when I restart the pc, and start MV before anything loads then it works normally. After that it'll be blank screen or just auto shut itself down. I think that VSDC app has triggered something. Can anyone help me?

My graphics drivers are up to date and yes, I've tried that .dll file method but its no use. My MV is standalone version.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    "that dll method" is just manually installing the OGL display driver if it is not automatically installed by the regular display driver setup and only needed if you have a really, really old display driver (several years old) without any update.

There have been some (rare) cases however where a wrong audio driver also causes problems, and it might be that the VSDC has installed its own driver. I suggest updating your audiodriver with the latest one from your manufacturer as well.

3. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the answer. Haven't tried that but it works now I dont know why. Again, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.